Author Topic: [Deadbeat spoiler tagged]How-To Necromancy spells  (Read 1588 times)

Offline Goraxes

• Lurker
    • View Profile
[Deadbeat spoiler tagged]How-To Necromancy spells
« on: September 16, 2015, 12:47:00 AM »
Just looking at spells, 10-14 spells to bind a spirit to a body for creating a zombie. How much would you say it would take to rip that spirit out of a corpse to just outright destroy the zombie? Was thinking you would need an opposed roll vs the controller (if there is one) and possibly vs the spirit itself.

also....

Deadbeat spoiler Related Question:
(click to show/hide)

and again... also.....
Would you use necromancy for possession of people? Would break Law 3/4, but would you still put this in the necromancy school? What if you wanted to possess a corpse?

Thanks for input - Looking to make a necromancer or a Person who uses Necromancy to fight necromancers (Aspects: I hate Necromancy & I am what I am.)

Offline PirateJack

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: [Deadbeat spoiler tagged]How-To Necromancy spells
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2015, 02:07:41 AM »
Just looking at spells, 10-14 spells to bind a spirit to a body for creating a zombie. How much would you say it would take to rip that spirit out of a corpse to just outright destroy the zombie? Was thinking you would need an opposed roll vs the controller (if there is one) and possibly vs the spirit itself.

That's a Take Out effect.

also....

(click to show/hide)

Enough to force a Take Out against the mental stress track.

So assume maximum Conviction of +5, Inhuman Mental Toughness (because no Black Court that survived the purge is going to be easy to take down) and a full stack of consequences (+1 free mild from Conviction) you'd be looking at a total of 30 stress to directly Take Out a Black Court vampire.

and again... also.....
Would you use necromancy for possession of people? Would break Law 3/4, but would you still put this in the necromancy school? What if you wanted to possess a corpse?

Thanks for input - Looking to make a necromancer or a Person who uses Necromancy to fight necromancers (Aspects: I hate Necromancy & I am what I am.)

Possession is more of a psychomancy effect than necromantic. Possessing a corpse would under necromancy, however, and there's a blurry line over whether Corpsetaker's little stunt is necromancy, psychomancy or a blending of both.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 02:10:26 AM by PirateJack »
Quote from: JoeC
"Why are you banging your head against the wall?
'cause it feels sooooo good when I stop..."

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: [Deadbeat spoiler tagged]How-To Necromancy spells
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2015, 02:07:50 AM »
How much would you say it would take to rip that spirit out of a corpse to just outright destroy the zombie?

Enough shifts to take the zombie out with an attack.

(click to show/hide)

Enough shifts to take the vampire out with a mental attack.

Corpse yes, living person probably no.