Author Topic: Fetch Changling  (Read 1301 times)

Offline Sir Aeon

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Fetch Changling
« on: July 07, 2015, 08:21:00 PM »
So one of my players is looking at playing a changling whose fae parent was a Fetch. Now my question is what powers would he have access to? I was thinking inhuman speed, mimic form (or Flesh Mask) and possibly a power that works with the mirror-gate thing a Fetch can do.

Any ideas or opinions?

Offline Haru

• Posty McPostington
  • Mentally unstable like a fox.
    • View Profile
Re: Fetch Changling
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2015, 08:44:54 PM »
These kinds of questions usually belong to the main DFRPG forum, this is a collection. I'm sure Sanctaphrax will move it over in a bit.

Until then, lets see.

Mimic Form would be a higher powered fetch thing, I think. Glamours to conceal their identity is a first step, probably. Crossing over in mirrors seems like something I would do as part of an aspect. "You're part fetch, so you can cross over into the nevernever in places that make sense. Like using mirrors as a gate. It's difficult enough to find big enough mirrors, anyway. If you want to give him more substance for that, worldwalking would be the obvious choice. Maybe for -1 instead of -2 and limit it to mirrors only.

Incite Emotion(Fear) is another obvious one, I would say. Probably even the first one. You could even attach some powers to a hunger(fear), if you are so inclined.

Claws could work, but might look weird on a changeling. Any of the inhuman powers should work as well.
“Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?”
― Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Fetch Changling
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2015, 09:34:48 PM »
These kinds of questions usually belong to the main DFRPG forum, this is a collection. I'm sure Sanctaphrax will move it over in a bit.

Yep.

Anyway, a quick look at Our World reveals that Fetches have Glamours, Emotional Vampire, and a stunt letting them find sources of fear that I'd be inclined to represent as a Supernatural Sense. The stronger ones also have an immunity to magic cast by people who are afraid of them. OW doesn't seem quite sure whether to represent them as full shapeshifters, so it says to either give them True Shapeshifting and Modular Abilities or a bunch of physical powers representing their form.

Anything from that list is probably appropriate, except for maybe True Shapeshifting which is kind of an NPC Power.