Author Topic: Most memorable Aspects?  (Read 4434 times)

Offline Powderdry

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Most memorable Aspects?
« on: July 04, 2015, 02:47:02 AM »
So what are the most memorable Aspects that have been in play in your games? Whether funny, or cool, or just weird.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Most memorable Aspects?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2015, 03:34:22 AM »
Dunno if anyone else found it memorable, but I've used the Aspect CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG? on two different PCs. Didn't even realize it was a repeat until later.

If I had to pick one Aspect never to change, it'd probably be the WARRIOR ENTITY High Concept on my writeup of
(click to show/hide)
. If you haven't read the story it might sound like a very generic Aspect, but in context I think it sums up the character perfectly.

Offline Ulfgeir

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2015, 09:23:43 AM »
In the campaign I play in  (it is on hiatus now). We had some interesting ones.

My character had as her high concept: Seeress of secrets. The GM used that a lot to push visions on her, visions that lead to very good Dresden feeling, and showing that bigger things went on, and in a lot of cases giving us reason to act.

We had a changeling with the trouble: What could possibly go wrong? He also had the aspect A girl in every hood. And we had a lot of fun with him dating/having dated girls everywhere.

We also had a Djinn, who wasn't exactly the sharpest who had the aspect What did I say now? And tended to cause problems as the GM would act on the stupid things she said, and include that in the campaign.

/Ulfgeir
I have not lost my mind, it is backed up somewhere on disc...

Offline Mr. Death

• Posty McPostington
  • Not all those who wander are lost
    • View Profile
    • The C-Team Podcast
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2015, 04:36:50 PM »
To represent one of my players' relative inexperience as a werewolf, he took the aspect, "God Dammit, Moon Moon."

My werebear has the aspect, "Hold my beer," which is always fun to compel.
Compels solve everything!

http://blur.by/1KgqJg6 My first book: "Brothers of the Curled Isles"

Quote from: Cozarkian
Not every word JB rights is a conspiracy. Sometimes, he's just telling a story.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_T_mld7Acnm-0FVUiaKDPA The C-Team Podcast

Offline CaptFisher

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2015, 12:20:44 AM »
Had a pyromancer who was high conviction but low disipline with the Aspect "you might want to take a step back."  Got compelled and used a lot.
Fairy tales don't teach children that monsters exist, children know that monsters exist.
Fairy tales teach children that monsters, can be slain.

Offline dragoonbuster

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2015, 12:27:14 AM »
Had a player with a PC with "It Seemed Like A Good Idea At The Time". That was a fun one to compel.
I'm a blacksmith! Here's some of what I do: https://www.etsy.com/shop/SoCalForge

Offline HumAnnoyd

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Dresden Files Accelerated: The Emerald City: Requiem
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2015, 07:07:46 AM »
I play a wizard that has a long history of breaking the law.  So naturally he is The Usual Suspect.  He has almost been gunned down by cops on at least 3 occasions because of it. 
It's not the Heat, It's the Humanity.

The Emerald City Dresden Files Accelerated Campaign:   http://fate-accelerated-the-emerald-city.obsidianportal.com/

Offline Kennifus Prime

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2015, 02:05:08 PM »
Two of the more fun ones I've played with are...

The Castle Complex
A human, vampire hunter who believes the only good supernatural is a dead supernatural. (And is obviously a reader of comic books.)

Gotta Catch 'Em All
A changeling who's trying to create a mobile app identifying supernatural beings, their powers, and their weaknesses. He plans for it to do to the entire supernatural world what Bram Stoker's Dracula did to the Black Court. (Obviously he keeps it very secretive.)

Offline Taran

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Chip
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2015, 12:06:49 AM »
I took one from dark wing duck:

Let's Get Dangerous.

Offline InFerrumVeritas

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2015, 02:20:49 AM »
Maybe plan Z will work?

Offline Blackmako

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2015, 02:56:42 AM »
Honey Badger Don't Care

Offline Herlaking

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2015, 10:32:33 AM »
I once played a Golem maker that sacrificed animals to power his creations. He had the aspects "oops, I thought It was a stray." And "no, I haven't seen floppsy.". He got the most hilarious guilt trips.

Offline Powderdry

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2015, 04:36:51 PM »
We missed a good opportunity last night. One of my characters was hitting on a high sidhe, and she told him if he did it again, she'd rip his tongue out. Well long story short, she ripped his tongue out and regrew the muscle. I should have had him take a con of "Fae got your tongue?"

Offline Ulfgeir

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2015, 05:51:06 PM »
We missed a good opportunity last night. One of my characters was hitting on a high sidhe, and she told him if he did it again, she'd rip his tongue out. Well long story short, she ripped his tongue out and regrew the muscle. I should have had him take a con of "Fae got your tongue?"

Lovely.  ;)

/Ulfgeir
I have not lost my mind, it is backed up somewhere on disc...

Offline zakmo86

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2015, 07:35:03 PM »
These are all for my most recent character.

Irish-Chinese American Phoenix Scion: he has a rich heritage.

Granny Feng's Expectations: he's being constantly scrutinized by his grandmother for not living up to his "destiny." In our game, she's a Mab-level being, the opposing force of the Dragon in Chinese mythology. Once, when the GM was trying to use "ancient Chinese wisdom" on my character, I responded with something I read off a fortune cookie. It was kind of funny.

Ninja School Drop Out: my character likes to disappear, creep up on someone and whisper, "Ninja," in his or her ear.