Author Topic: Accorded Neutral Territory  (Read 1480 times)

Offline Neepling

• Participant
    • View Profile
Accorded Neutral Territory
« on: March 31, 2015, 08:13:53 PM »
Hi again - the newbie GM with many questions and poor search skills!  :D

A question about the Unseelie Accords and Accorded Neutral Territory ... ...

From what I can find -
Certain places can be signed on as Accorded Neutral Territory (such as McAnally's Pub). This means that signatories of the Accords do not start any conflict on the premises, and are bound by their honor to take any fights outside

and
There is no spirit of the law, only its letter

Does this mean that Signatories are honour bound not to start conflict in general (obvious lawyering and plot device interpretation aside) or that signatories can only Not act against other signatories?

cheers

John

Offline Haru

• Posty McPostington
  • Mentally unstable like a fox.
    • View Profile
Re: Accorded Neutral Territory
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 09:10:17 PM »
I think it's conflicts in general, as not to disturb the establishment. Though the only example of a non-signatory is Murphy against Tiny, and he could have just backed down because of her threat. Though I think it's easier to just disallow any conflict, if only for collateral damage and casualties.

Keep in mind that the Accords are the Unseelie Accords. They have the weight of Mab behind them. If she thinks you violated the accords, she'll send someone to remind you that they are in place. And if someone has a problem with that, they can take it up with her.
“Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?”
― Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Offline Lawgiver

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 09:22:43 PM »
You could view the Accords as a sort of mutual protection pact… rather like the United Nations, really. If nation A does damage to nation B, then nations C, D, E and F will come down on A like a ton of bricks. Areas like ANG’s like the pub provide a place for ambassadors to meet and talk out issues without a fight breaking out. It ensures a chance for communication to prevent war.

There is no ‘spirit’ of the accords, just the letter, because… well mainly because Fae are involved and they don’t “get” the idea of there being a ‘spirit’ of an agreement. For them there is only the letter of the law and to prevent mishaps, no other members can do it any other way.
"Sufficiently advanced technology," my ass.

Offline Neepling

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 09:51:43 PM »
I'm mostly wondering about how guaranteed the safety would be of non signatories on Neutral Territory.
I.e are pesky non signatory PCs particularly safe at Neutral Territory.
I'm guessing if its a place of non aggression they should be ok (shame) :D

Offline Haru

• Posty McPostington
  • Mentally unstable like a fox.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2015, 09:55:11 PM »
Yeah, starting a fight on neutral territory is stupid. Especially since it's much easier to just wait at the parking lot and cut their throat.
“Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?”
― Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Offline Shaft

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2015, 12:33:24 AM »
Yeah, starting a fight on neutral territory is stupid. Especially since it's much easier to just wait at the parking lot and cut their throat.

I'm a fan of a Kincaid-style sniper approach myself, but I guess it depends which signatory you're looking to knock off.