Author Topic: Stating Manannan Mac Lir  (Read 6545 times)

Offline Trum4n1208

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: Stating Manannan Mac Lir
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2015, 04:50:29 AM »
Not gonna bother with a new set of Aspects. I decided to make him positive-Refresh at the Snorkelling level, because he seems like a fun player character type to me.

If I wanted to push him into negatives I'd add Aquatic, some physical building blocks, and some stunts to round out his mundane skills.

Skills:
Superb: Weapons, Lore
Great: Deceit, Intimidation, Rapport
Good: Conviction, Discipline, Endurance
Fair: Athletics, Presence, Fists
Average: Alertness, Empathy, Might
Stunts:
Secrets of the Sea (Lore): Use Lore to pilot Scuabtuinne and his sea chariot.
Powers:
Wizard's Constitution [-0]
Undying [-0]
Marked By Power [-1]
Ghost Speaker [-1]
Worldwalker [-2]
Thaumaturgy [-3]
Refinement [-3]
Item of Power (Fragarach) [+2]
  Really Sharp (It's weapon 5.) [-1]
  Cut Shields (Ignores mundane worn armour.) [-1]
  The Answerer (When holding it to someone's throat, +2 Intimidation for interrogation and blocking actions.) [-1]
  Ritual (Aeromancy) [-0]
Magic:
Thaumaturgy: +1 isle of man control, +2 crafting complexity, +1 crafting frequency
Enchanted Items (2 uses/session): Invisibility cloak (7-shift veil), cup (7-shift Empathy lie detection roll), coat (7-shift block against attack), breastplate (armour 4), 5 potion slots (strength 7)
Total Refresh Cost:
Refresh Total:

Love it, and I'm absolutely going to use it. Thanks!
Current Character: Alex Sharps, Sorcerer for Hire in the Big Easy

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Stating Manannan Mac Lir
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2015, 05:36:16 AM »
Glad you like it.

My only suggestion would be to add the Glamor power.  In one legend, he conjured up the image of an entire fleet to scare off invaders.

Yeah, Glamours would be suitable. He can probably make phantom fleets with Thaumaturgy, but I gather he's supposed to be a master of disguise and Glamours would really help with that.

Honestly, squeezing him into a Snorkelling sheet wasn't easy. But after talking so much about "gods" not necessarily being all that godlike, I felt I had to aim low.