Author Topic: Aspects with holy fire?  (Read 2365 times)

Offline citadel97501

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Aspects with holy fire?
« on: December 14, 2014, 03:09:19 AM »
Hello all,
I was just wondering what you would allow someone to do with a breath weapon that is basically fire with the holy aspect?  I am playing a nephilim character and took the power but wanted to be able to use it for stuff besides combat?

Offline blackstaff67

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Aspects with holy fire?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2014, 04:36:28 AM »
If it's a breath weapon, then pretty much I'd treat it like a holy-fire Aspected rote spell: you can Attack, Block or Maneuver.  Don't have book in front of me, so I don't know how many shifts it normally has...

But that's my table.
My Purity score: 37.2.  Sad.

Offline MadAlchemist

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2014, 07:25:12 AM »
I was just wondering what you would allow someone to do with a breath weapon that is basically fire with the holy aspect?  I am playing a nephilim character and took the power but wanted to be able to use it for stuff besides combat?
The setting says fire is a purifying element, you might be able to maneuver then invoke that aspect to cleanse something.
Holy breath calls to mind the breath of life which could be used in a tiny amount to help revive an injured character, like holy CPR. Probably still a maneuver.
Removing darkness or cold related aspects. On the other hand placing aspects related to light and warmth.
Navel gaze to leak fire from your mouth before you intimidate someone, creepily lighting just your face.

Offline jackbythesea

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2014, 11:16:07 AM »
Just purchase Breath Weapon and then Holy Touch and then your attacks satisfy the Holy catch along with dealing an extra point of Weapons damage. It's also fits the flavour for an angelic scion to be classified as holy.

Offline Taran

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Chip
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2014, 10:53:32 PM »
Just purchase Breath Weapon and then Holy Touch and then your attacks satisfy the Holy catch along with dealing an extra point of Weapons damage. It's also fits the flavour for an angelic scion to be classified as holy.

this

Offline citadel97501

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2014, 01:31:22 AM »
Thank you all, I did end up taking Holy Touch.  After the ST removed the Righteousness must, as the character didn't need that part. 

Offline Cadd

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2014, 01:40:38 AM »
I remember finding some of the Musts on faith powers a bit strange, and I think that's one (don't have the book right now to check them)...

Offline Taran

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Chip
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2014, 01:44:48 PM »
Righteousness is pretty powerful.  a +1 to all skills for a FP is a lot and the catch-busting attack (albeit conditional) is pretty nice too.  I don't like the pre-requisite though.

Offline Haru

• Posty McPostington
  • Mentally unstable like a fox.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2014, 06:42:50 PM »
Yeah, the musts on the faith powers basically force you to go all faith or go home, which seems to be the intent behind them. I don't like them all that much either. Being able to pick and choose can make for some great builts, a shaman for example, half faith half magic.
“Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?”
― Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2014, 10:10:10 PM »
The Must on Holy Touch is especially weird when you consider the lack of Musts elsewhere in the Power list.

Apart from Toughness requiring a Catch, Holy Touch is the only Power with a Power prerequisite. Even Lawbreaker and Refinement don't require other Powers.