Author Topic: Fate Core with DFRPG converter in a Card Sleeve  (Read 1752 times)

Offline swordnut

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Fate Core with DFRPG converter in a Card Sleeve
« on: October 21, 2014, 06:44:13 PM »
Hi All,

I have a bit of a project where I shrink RPG systems down so they fit in a card sleeve. The idea is that you can always have it on you and, with a dice roller app on your phone or emergency dice (hey, thats a thing), you can play a session on the fly. Or, as a GM, you can have copies of your players character sheets on you for when you are short and to have unobtrusive play aids on the table rather than having to refer to the books/pdfs all the time.

I have shared this with Evil Hat (I try to play fair by all the creators) and they have said this is fine to distribute.

Here is the video of Fate Core in a Card Sleeve, with all the links fixed. This also includes a conversion prompt for dresden files and spirit of the century. The next oldest video is the Fate Accelerated system.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMiI8ntDcsA

Any feedback, comments or improvements I can make would be much appreciated

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Fate Core with DFRPG converter in a Card Sleeve
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 11:13:23 PM »
I didn't watch the video because I don't like watching videos, but I clicked on the Dropbox link to look at the cards directly.

The cards themselves look good. They might be a bit small for DFRPG characters, but for Fate Core I expect they'd work very well.

Only problem I can see is that the PC cards only seem to have one stress track. There are three tracks in DFRPG, and I think there are two in Core. Though I haven't read Core in ages.

Offline swordnut

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: Fate Core with DFRPG converter in a Card Sleeve
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2014, 10:07:19 AM »
That's a good point. I'll definitely be updating to 2 stress tracks.
A DFRPG specific version would have to be its own thing from the ground up. It's on the to-do list.