Author Topic: Please stat the Witchblade & Darkness?  (Read 1434 times)

Offline citadel97501

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Please stat the Witchblade & Darkness?
« on: September 20, 2014, 06:58:54 AM »
Hello,
I was hoping to get some assistance?  I could have sworn these two items of power had been made on these forums but I wasn't able to find them, so I was hoping someone could either stat them out, or give me the link?

Offline ways and means

• Posty McPostington
  • What Lies in the Truth, what truth in the Lies.
    • View Profile
Re: Please stat the Witchblade & Darkness?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2014, 11:17:36 AM »
For the Darkness

True Glamour, PI with a catch of daylight, mythic everything, breath weapon, incite emotion fear (all upgrades) plus a basic fantastic at weapons, fists, ranged, deceit, athletics and intimidation.

The minion creation is unstattable as is the territory creation. Generally look at them as true seemings with an absurdly permissive gm.

Haven't read the witch blade series.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 11:21:30 AM by ways and means »
Every night has its day.
Even forever must come to an end....
I think.

Offline Taran

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Chip
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2014, 01:16:01 PM »
I'm not sure but from what ways and means is describing, maybe myrk?

Offline Haru

• Posty McPostington
  • Mentally unstable like a fox.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2014, 04:01:40 PM »
The witchblade can be done with modular abilities easily enough.

Item of Power (witchblade) [-varies]
Discount (when not in use, it's a bracelet): [+1]
Modular abilities [-X]

And that's pretty much it. The X depends on the powerlevel of your game, but remember that you need to pay 2 refresh just to take the power. So if you want to have 4 points of refresh to shift around, you'll need to pay X=6 refresh for modular abilities, and the witchblade would cost 5 refresh then. You can add more modular points to the item as the character grows stronger. You could say the bond between the weapon and the wearer grows stronger, she learns how to better use it, etc.

After that, I would set up a number of configurations for the witchblade, which the player can choose to switch between. Let's say we've got the 4 refresh from above to play with:

Item of Power (witchblade) [-5]
Discount (when not in use, it's a bracelet): [+1]
Modular abilities [-6]
 4 modular points

Sword:
Weapon: 3
Inhuman Strength [-2]
Inhuman Speed [-2]

Armor:
Superhuman Toughness [-4]

And so forth. The powers would change, depending on what form the Witchblade is currently taking. You could also just set up a list of allowed powers for the player to take, and she could choose them depending on the situation, and put the form she wants on it. A Sword form could, for example have different powers if you want to use it differently. Maybe you need it more to defend, so Superhuman Speed would make more sense than Inhuman Speed and Strength. Or you want to really hurt someone and take Superhuman Strength. Maybe you are just taking it out to scare someone, so Marked by Power and Incite Emotion might make sense. But ultimately, it all comes down to Modular Abilities.

If I was too confusing, feel free ask again, I'll gladly try to clarify things.

I do not have any idea about the darkness though.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 12:26:54 AM by Haru »
“Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?”
― Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Offline Hick Jr

• Posty McPostington
  • Actually just a jar full of bees attached to a CPU
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2014, 05:42:25 PM »
I was never too big on Witchblade, but just from what I'm familiar with, Haru's writeup looks good.

I'm much more familiar with the Darkness, so I'll offer some input there. Firstly, it's an inborn power that you have to inherit, so no IoP. Second, it doesn't work in any light, or at least bright light, which is a pretty significant weakness. It's actual powers are nebulously defined over the course of the entire series. Jackie can use it for nearly anything- shadow tendrils, creating "darklings", making himself faster, tougher, or stronger, shadow magic, etcetera. Your best bet is probably a "skinwalker" type build, with Modular Abilities and some kind of Darkness Sponsored Magic backing it up. It'll be pretty powerful, if only because you'll have a pretty severe Limitation attached to it.
Hi! My home is called an apiary! I collect honey, and defend the Queen!

Not-so-secretly a power hungry megalomaniac with a Modular Abilities addiction.