Author Topic: Taggable social consequences  (Read 1638 times)

Offline blackstaff67

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Taggable social consequences
« on: August 28, 2014, 04:18:06 AM »
Can a PC inflict social consequences on a target and later tag those same consequences in a physical fight?  For the sake of argument, we'll assume the fight breaks out during the same scene.
My Purity score: 37.2.  Sad.

Offline Taran

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Chip
Re: Taggable social consequences
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 05:04:34 AM »
Yes.

Offline gojj

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 06:54:48 AM »
As long as they can convince the GM that the consequence is relevant to what they are attempting to do.

Offline jstomel

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 09:41:45 PM »
Do you have something specific in mind?

Now that I think about it, can you tag your own social consequences in physical combat? Like, "You embarrassed me in front of my friends and that makes me so furious I am going to punch you Evan Harder!"

Offline Cadd

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2014, 10:13:29 PM »
Tag, as in invoke for free: no. The tag goes to the one who inflicted the consequence.
Just invoking for a fate point? Sure thing, any known aspect that's applicable can be invoked.

Offline killking72

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2014, 01:20:07 AM »
Can a PC inflict social consequences on a target and later tag those same consequences in a physical fight?  For the sake of argument, we'll assume the fight breaks out during the same scene.
Say in a social conflict you make someone question what they're doing, later in the fight If you gave them aspect along the lines of "unsure of my purpose". You could make them hesitate when attacking you, IE You tag the aspect for a +2 to dodge