Author Topic: Simple Question about Aspects and Tagging  (Read 1443 times)

Offline Asleif

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Simple Question about Aspects and Tagging
« on: August 12, 2014, 01:39:05 PM »
Hey there people, I assume its a simple question, yet I don't have my books with me at the moment and the question has been bugging me for a while.

How many people can tag an aspect? i.e. invoke it for free? Lets say a knight of the cross severely injures a demon and cuts his hand off, incurring the severe consequence "Missing Arm". Assuming you have a party of 4, can all four PCs tag the aspect once for free or only a single player?

The same goes for pretty much every other kind of Aspect that is broadly available.

Thanks in advance!

Offline Taran

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Chip
Re: Simple Question about Aspects and Tagging
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 01:43:49 PM »
You only get one free tag on an aspect.  If it's fragile, the aspect goes away once it is tagged.  If it's sticky, all subsequent invokes require a Fate Point.

So, if the demon has a 'missing arm' and the Knight passes the tag to anyone, the next person can tag it for free.  The demon does not receive a FP.

Anyone else afterwards must spend a FP to invoke it again and that FP gets paid to the demon.

It's the same with any aspect.  If someone does an Investigation Assessment to discover a scene aspect, only that person gets the tag...unless they choose to share the tag.

Offline Asleif

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: Simple Question about Aspects and Tagging
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 02:35:19 PM »
You only get one free tag on an aspect.  If it's fragile, the aspect goes away once it is tagged.  If it's sticky, all subsequent invokes require a Fate Point.

So, if the demon has a 'missing arm' and the Knight passes the tag to anyone, the next person can tag it for free.  The demon does not receive a FP.

Anyone else afterwards must spend a FP to invoke it again and that FP gets paid to the demon.

It's the same with any aspect.  If someone does an Investigation Assessment to discover a scene aspect, only that person gets the tag...unless they choose to share the tag.

Thanks!