Author Topic: New GM Questions  (Read 5879 times)

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: New GM Questions
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2014, 12:27:40 AM »
I think it's okay if the scene just ends. There doesn't have to be a take-out or a concession or whatever. Sometimes people just stop fighting, without anyone having really lost.

Offline Cadd

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2014, 09:25:15 AM »
I would either switch this to a chase scene or treat it like concession from the ghouls. The PCs got what they wanted, but the ghouls aren't really taken out of the conflict. Probably something along the lines of what's been suggested - the ghouls will come after the PCs later, the PCs will be ambushed just before delivery, the ghouls employer considers this conflict personal now, etc.

Offline JGray

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2014, 05:22:55 PM »
Once again, thank you for the feedback. I've got another question.

I'm looking over Milestones for advancement. Under Minor Milestones you have the option to 'purchase stunts or powers, provided you have the refresh to do so.'

Under Major Milestones you get 'new stunts and/or powers'. I am unclear of what this means, exactly. Why is the same option under both minor and major milestones?
Ray of Sunshine , a Dresden Files RPG Campaign.

Occult Orlando, setting for Ray of Sunshine.

Offline Cadd

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2014, 05:56:56 PM »
It comes down to the detail that a Minor Milestone allows one of several things, one of which is purchasing stunts/powers. The Major Milestone sort of "contains" a Significant Milestone, which likewise "contains" a Minor.

Since the Major gives you the ability to purchase stunts/powers directly, you can then still pick one of the other options from the "packaged" Minor Milestone that comes along with it. Otherwise you wouldn't be able to both spend that new juicy refresh you got and shuffle two skills, for example.