Poll

what would u be the RPG?

Wizard(EX:Harry duh!!)
98 (37.1%)
Supernatural entity(EX:demon,summer knight,etc)
62 (23.5%)
Gifted mortal(EX:ectomancer, Knight of the cross,etc
85 (32.2%)
Mortal(EX:Murphy,etc)
19 (7.2%)

Total Members Voted: 255

Author Topic: What would u be?  (Read 77760 times)

Offline Nemo

• Conversationalist
  • International Wizard of Mystery
    • View Profile
Re: What would u be?
« Reply #90 on: February 27, 2007, 10:00:40 PM »
I'm torn.  I would love to be a Wizard, but I'm also drawn to the supernatural entity type as well...
"Harry, even a nerd should know that it's no coincidence when a girl shows up at a man's hotel room.  You know all she really wants is to--" ~ Bob

Offline bisclavret

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 28, 2007, 07:04:53 PM »
I've played a variety of characters in freeform PBEM, but by far my most favorite is a troll named Berrigus. Trolls can be funny in a very dense but dangerous way.

Offline cbmurphy

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 12, 2007, 06:10:43 PM »
Mortal, played in the Professor Quartermass mode.  All the wonder of the science I know and understand, brought to bear in a world of wierdness.
Malt does more than Milton can, to justify God's ways to man.

Offline Whitestreak

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 18, 2007, 04:42:12 AM »
I chose Gifted Mortal - here's my basic concept:

In 1307, the Knights Templar were destroyed. Except for 13 knights who were on a mission in Anatolia hunting for a mysterious murderer. As Jacques deMolay was being burned alive, he appeared before the leading knight - they were to remain hidden from view and they were to protect all men, enlarging their original charge. There were to be only 13 Knights, any one could become a Knight and they were to fight the darkness, wherever it threatened.

They were granted two gifts: they could heal faster than other humans, and their timeframe was 7:1. (Every 7 days was equal to 1 for the Knights - but they visibly age.) They were not immortal, though.

Over time, they built up a world wide network of support and each Knight has primary care of a region of the world. The 13 current knights include many different religions and ethnic backgrounds.

The PC is the *youngest* Knight, and he covers a large portion of the southern US and parts of Mexico - and things are going a little haywire, so he begins to work with some people he knows and trusts...

Offline The Doctor

• Conversationalist
  • Back off, man. I'm a system administrator.
    • View Profile
    • Antarctica Starts Here
« Reply #94 on: March 23, 2007, 03:42:46 AM »
Darn!  NPCs get all the cool toys *to throw the game completely out of balance* and we get Tylenol and Ace Bandages :'(
And duct tape.  Lots of duct tape.
"Do not injustice to another / Defend the weak and innocent / Let truth and honor always guide you / Let courage find a life within."

--The Cruxshadows, _Sophia_

Offline taralon

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 03, 2007, 08:22:15 PM »
Well just to add to speculation in the newest book there is some magical healing going on.  We're even given some limits on what it might be possible to do.

Then you'll have to go outside of the canon to provide such a character.  That's all.  Nothing stopping you, when it comes down to it.

But even *Hank McCoy*, a wizard of the Senior Council, was only able to give Harry something to ease the pain, and *maybe* lightly nudge the healing process, when Harry got his hand fried.  It's not within the scope of human magic, at a minimum -- possibly because resculpting human flesh requires an atomic-level understanding of biology, or just that it's hard not to accidentally strip the muscle off of the bone.  Whatever the case, there's just no foundation for it.

Offline Silat Student

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 07, 2007, 12:17:28 AM »
I think I might start by playing a Wizard, just to see how the system models them and then for the next character (I like having one waiting in the wings in case my main dies) I'd probably play a mortal monster hunter.

Offline Ebenezar McCoy

• Participant
  • Hell's bells, Hoss!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 07, 2007, 07:59:27 PM »
Wizard, Hands down.

Offline Jaroslav

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 08, 2007, 07:30:49 AM »
After reading White Night,ans its epic final battle, I just have to say i want to be a wizard.

However, another idea I have on the burner, is a guy(or girl) who is some sort of alchemist. Esentialy he is part of a long line of minor practisoners who try to perfect their body, and thus their soul, through the use of very minor magics that accumulate over a life time. The idea is that towards the end of their lives they have changed themselves enough, to take on a red court vamp in hand to combat, without using tricks or martial arts.
Irony is lost on the tired; if your not laughing, go take a nap.

Offline Metroanime

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 08, 2007, 05:16:40 PM »
Hmmm. Martial arts? There's a thought. i wonder what the role of chi is as far as magic goes in a Dresdenverse. Would a martial artist/minor wizard be able to use magic to do the sort of things traditionally put into chi disciplines (either traditionally such as accelerating their healing/recovery rates or nearly-negating gravity such as in wuxia style films?) Or would that be left to a later supplement?

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
  • I'm the site administrator.
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
« Reply #100 on: April 08, 2007, 07:25:03 PM »
Chi style stuff would be an individual player's choice for how their character's perspective on magic works, I think.
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.
www.evilhat.com * www.dresdenfilesrpg.com
Support this site: http://www.jim-butcher.com/store/

Zen of rage

« Reply #101 on: April 09, 2007, 06:57:36 AM »
I've always thought a half-human/ half-demon character is cool.  maybe using tattos on his/her body as a way of controlling/activating powers.

Offline Rel Fexive

• Conversationalist
  • Shadow Sorcerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 09, 2007, 05:29:36 PM »
Sounds like an idea I came up with for the Angel RPG.  A guy with a demon bound into a torso-covering tattoo that gave him the strength to fight the nasties... but which was slowly working away at his mind and conscience like his own personal dark side...
THE DOCTOR: I'll do a thing.
RIVER SONG: What thing?
THE DOCTOR: I don't know. It's a thing in progress. Respect the thing!

Zen of rage

« Reply #103 on: April 10, 2007, 05:20:27 AM »
Sounds cool but i was thinking more along the lines of a human whose demon side is expressed throught tattoos.  The greater the powers the bigger the tattoo and the more intricate they become.  Maybe i'm nerding out here but i kind of like the idea of said tattoos glowing when activated.

Offline Gnome

• Participant
  • Gnomes arent allowed on the White Council v_T
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 11, 2007, 08:31:50 PM »
A Wizard that casts spells in jibberish rather than latin.  There would be nothing more satisfying for me than screaming RAKANISHOO and having a ridiculously large fireball erupt from my palm.

The Gnome
You know what stops an axe wielding maniac?  Bullets