Poll

what would u be the RPG?

Wizard(EX:Harry duh!!)
98 (37.1%)
Supernatural entity(EX:demon,summer knight,etc)
62 (23.5%)
Gifted mortal(EX:ectomancer, Knight of the cross,etc
85 (32.2%)
Mortal(EX:Murphy,etc)
19 (7.2%)

Total Members Voted: 255

Author Topic: What would u be?  (Read 77776 times)

Offline paul west

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: What would u be?
« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2006, 06:10:09 PM »
ive been thinking, and i would want to play a gifted mortal...a pyromancer...
more specifically i would like to play the fledgeling (teenage?) pyromancer harry had to help from setting his cat on fire.
still in school, and has a major facination with sciences.  like superheating atoms to create fission and then..*BOOM*.  but thats an aspiration.  the character i would like to play would have been given an enchantment from harry to help him focus his powers instead of letting his emotions set everything a blaze (kitty).
learned of the white council when harry came down, and is currently being apprenticed under someone harry trusts...dont really know who yet...was thinking about eb, but it sounds too good.
maybe burned up his girlfriend and the guy she was cheating on him with?
hunted by white council...
im making stuff up on the fly now...WHEN DOES THIS FREAKING GAME COME OUT!!!

Offline blgarver

• Conversationalist
  • There are three things all wise men fear...
    • View Profile
    • Video Samples
« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2006, 04:41:22 PM »
I think I'd have to go with good old fashioned Wizard.

Fuego!
I'm a videographer by trade.  Check out my work if you're a writer that needs to procrastinate.  Not as good as Rhett and Link, but I do what I can.
http://vimeo.com/user1855060/videos

Offline Slife

• Conversationalist
  • Fuego Maximilian‽
    • View Profile
    • VGF, Yo.  Home of the World's First Spritecomic
« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2006, 01:46:19 AM »
Wizard, but with a focus on ferromancy.  Sure, Dresden blows up electronics, but he's a "magical 'thug'" - lots of brute power, little control.  I'm sure someone with more control could avoid that pitfall.
Rule one of magic:  Never, ever, under any circumstances, trust someone named "Morningstar".

Offline Set

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2006, 05:13:45 PM »
No way I could be a wizard now. I like technology WAAAAAAY too much! lol (What?! No more MMPGs!?  >:( )Not to mention those guys attract trouble like poo does flies. I DO like my downtime.
No way would I want to be part of the fea and their neverending war.
Same with the vamps. WAY too much politics in there (between the courts and within). Course, of the 3, the white would be the most appealing, if I had to pick.
Super powered entity has it's own trappings. Sides, where's the fun in big power? hehe
A Templar Knight? LOL! Yhea right. Sorry, no faith to be had in religion here.
Demons/Fallen/other nasties...nah. I need a reason to be bad, I just can't run around and wreak havoc for giggles. I'm kinda Harrish in that way.

I think I'd like to be a Kincaid type of character. Mysterious. Has power but you're not entirely sure what it might be outside of superhuman physical. Likes his toys. Knows the playing field. Good contacts. Free spirit.
Guess that falls into supernatural entity.

For a second choice, I'd join up with the Alphas. Being a part of a pack would be sweet and those guys are pretty cool, overall.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2006, 05:22:50 PM by Set »

Offline jaziel

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 26, 2006, 08:15:33 PM »
My first choice would be White Court.  I like my games politcal, and nothing would be more so in this world than dealing with the Succubi.     If not available, i'd have to go with a wizard who specializes in potion making. 

Offline Bob_is_my_copilot

• Participant
  • I get all my white candles from Wal-Mart
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2007, 08:50:40 PM »
I went Gifted Mortal like a Knight of the Cross.
I'm in the book.

Offline taralon

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 19, 2007, 11:32:28 PM »
Gifted mortals would also encompass people like Billy and the werewolf pack yes?  As well as the 'lesser wizards' those who have some skills (the woman killed in Fool Moon who tried to recreate the circle, or the others who hang around McAnally's) I would guess.  Where would Susan fit in? 

I'd find it hard to choose, either gifted mortal, or a really very sparsely gifted Wizard.  Someone with a normal, if somewhat irregular job who does the whole evil fighting thing on the side.  Maybe a werewolf/normal PI, or a Wizard/artist... 

Jeb

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
  • I'm the site administrator.
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2007, 06:04:16 PM »
Gifted mortals would also encompass people like Billy and the werewolf pack yes?

You could look at Billy as a gifted mortal, or simply a werewolf.  I mean, we know what he is, right?  We don't have to categorify everything, so long as you can play it. :)

As well as the 'lesser wizards' those who have some skills (the woman killed in Fool Moon who tried to recreate the circle, or the others who hang around McAnally's) I would guess.

"Lesser Practitioners".

Where would Susan fit in?

Half-Bloods -- mortals on the cusp of becoming true monsters.  This includes virgin white courters, "unblooded" red-court types like Susan and others in the Fellowship of St. Giles, and half-faeries who haven't yet made the Choice.
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.
www.evilhat.com * www.dresdenfilesrpg.com
Support this site: http://www.jim-butcher.com/store/

Offline thunderlips74

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 23, 2007, 01:10:55 AM »
I'm looking forward to building a "Batman" inspired character.

Wealthy but unpowered mortal. Parents killed by trolls. Uses wealth, brains and ridiculous amounts of free time to research the weaknesses of magical creatures, and hunt them down.

Offline ParchedWhisper

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2007, 02:20:41 AM »
When I first  logged on I saw the forum and imediately thought, "OMG I could play Murphy!" (or a cop like her.)

I am excited to read about this..I can see I'll be stalking this forum regularly.

Offline Darrington

• Conversationalist
  • "The magic nachos will save me."
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2007, 09:31:30 PM »
This is more a question of "What AM I?" rather than what I would be. ;)

Wizard, of course.  Though I would greatly love to try playing a Changeling some day in the future, to try and balance Fae and Human.  That'd be a blast, but I don't trust myself with being able to maintain it for very long. :D  Especially considering how I've handled my wizard so far... :D

Wonderfully lacking in imagination at the time of creation, I tried the whole wizard PI thing, which turned into.... (through the in-game years) wizard waitress, wizard cabbie, and wizard reporter.  It's been a blast. ;D

Thinking my Ann is all that wonderful and such, I'd rant on about her, but I'll just leave my answer and scoot from here.

AD
"You can't hate a plant for being green." -In reference to a faerie screwing you over in deals.
"YES YOU CAN!!" -In reference to Wizard Darrington getting screwed over a dozen times too many.

A sword fight with a Red after both of us getting hit by a concussion grenade is not a good plan.

Offline Tarot

• Participant
  • And for my next trick, Anvils!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 01, 2007, 03:59:14 PM »
Personally, I'm a mystically minded person outta game.  I just can't play a character who isn't out there delving into the unknown without so much as a saftey rope.  So, I'd definately be a true blue (and possibly blooded and battered and cynical) Wizard. 
"A Pagan, a Witch"
"I'm not a witch, I'm a wizard"
"What is the differeance?"
"Wizard has a Z in it"

Offline Kaos Wizard

• Conversationalist
  • Keep an open mind and it'll get wet when it rains
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2007, 02:30:42 AM »
It's of course tempting to be a Wizard and that will probably be my first choice. But I also like to switch up characters often. Also I'm usually the GM so that gives me a lot of flexibility to try whatever my little heart desires. After that I might want to play some sort of modern day ranger with minor nature related magical abilities. Also the possibility of playing a Werewolf (like the Alphas) would be interesting.

Offline Baelmyrrdn

• Conversationalist
  • *Beaudacious and Templar-mental*
    • View Profile
    • Chivalry for Children
« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2007, 03:22:50 AM »
Since I teach a program about knighthood and chivalry, my choice would be a Knight of the Cross...but Wizard would be my next choice.   
Traveler there is no trail, you blaze the trail as you travel." ~ Xochitl Garza

Offline Cylb

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 12, 2007, 04:50:14 PM »
Gifted Mortal....you bet.  I want to be able to hold my own if necessary. ;)
I've beaten cancer so far and that's magic for me!!!!