Poll

what would u be the RPG?

Wizard(EX:Harry duh!!)
98 (37.1%)
Supernatural entity(EX:demon,summer knight,etc)
62 (23.5%)
Gifted mortal(EX:ectomancer, Knight of the cross,etc
85 (32.2%)
Mortal(EX:Murphy,etc)
19 (7.2%)

Total Members Voted: 255

Author Topic: What would u be?  (Read 76586 times)

Offline TheMouse

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: What would u be?
« Reply #150 on: June 27, 2008, 04:29:32 PM »
My current idea is a wizard

When he came into his power, the first supernaturals to find him weren't wizards. They were half fae. They taught him the laws of magic in order to keep the White council from coming down on the lot of them, then they did their best to teach him how magic works. This strongly flavours his magics, so he's good at veils and personal enhancement, but not so good at blasting. It also flavours how he interacts with the supernatural world, because he doesn't feel all that comfortable with the White Council, even if he has since become a member to avoid trouble.

My idea for an offensive schtick is sharpness. When he must hurl blasty magics, they're plains of razor sharp force. He uses gloves which make his fingers act as though they were razor sharp; when he punches things, forensic teams end up debating whether the target was bludgeoned or stabbed to death.

Offline Styrke

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 11, 2008, 04:13:33 AM »
White Court vamp, obviously. Look at Thomas. Thomas kicks ass. Thomas can hamstring an uber-ghoul with one hand (with a kukri, no less, on of the coolest knives ever), fight off a dozen normal ghouls with a big stick. Supernatural senses, strength, speed, endurance, healing, and looks. And his only weakness is he needs alot of ... ahem.. action. Oh, and true love. Which sadly, isn't too prevalent. I don't really see a downside to this guy.
You don't have a soul. You ARE a soul. You HAVE a body.  - C.S. Lewis

Offline Soulless Mystic5523

• Posty McPostington
  • Icon lovingly crafted by ButMadNNW
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 11, 2008, 09:59:44 PM »
White Court vamp, obviously. Look at Thomas. Thomas kicks ass. Thomas can hamstring an uber-ghoul with one hand (with a kukri, no less, on of the coolest knives ever), fight off a dozen normal ghouls with a big stick. Supernatural senses, strength, speed, endurance, healing, and looks. And his only weakness is he needs alot of ... ahem.. action. Oh, and true love. Which sadly, isn't too prevalent. I don't really see a downside to this guy.

Loneliness, fear and anger from those finding out what he is, constantly having to deal with being manipulated by his closest family members, as well as his families rivals. Quite a few weaknesses in fact. But, it wouldn't be any fun playing someone with no weakness. That's half the fun: trying to overcome them. Not to, you know burst your bubble or anything.  ;D  I love Thomas, and the white court in geneal. I think there are some wonderful role playing possibilities there.
WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN.

Death    Reaper Man   Terry Pratchett

DV SoullessMystic5523 V1.2 YR7 FR5 BK++ RP+++ JB++ TH++ WG CL++ SW+ BC+ MC---- SH[Murphy++, Molly+]

Offline prophet224

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Matt's Main Page (Under Construction)
« Reply #153 on: July 12, 2008, 03:19:57 AM »
Geez... I'd like to be in 4 different games at once and be something different in each one. :)

Seriously, my top two are wizard and Knight.  I'll probably be running, so it probably doesn't matter much right now though.

On another note, I can see the White Court being playable, but do we have confirmation of that?  I'm really curious where the lines will be drawn, although I suppose it depends on the group power level.  A 4 aspect group can't handle players that a 16 aspect group would. 

Someone else mentioned nephilim earlier.  We have demons, certainly, and the Denarians, I have to admit that I would like to see nephilim handled somehow.  You might be able to build one out of fae abilities.   
*NEW* DragonCon Writer's Track Notes:
Middle of page at: http://www.novusimperia.net/

Local but online Writer's Group:
http://writing.novusimperia.net/

Hypertext SotC SRD:
http://www.novusimperia.net/FATE_SRD/Fate3SRD.php

Offline TheMouse

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 13, 2008, 01:59:54 AM »
On another note, I can see the White Court being playable, but do we have confirmation of that?  

From the thread I started:

We'll provide support non-wizard practitioners, werewolves, white court vampires and virgins, red court infecteds (like
(click to show/hide)
), lesser faeries, soldiers of God, plain jane mortals, and probably some other stuff I haven't thought of.

Offline prophet224

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Matt's Main Page (Under Construction)
« Reply #155 on: July 14, 2008, 07:25:47 PM »
Oh yeah, that's right!  I remember seeing that now.  Thanks Mouse, sorry about that.
*NEW* DragonCon Writer's Track Notes:
Middle of page at: http://www.novusimperia.net/

Local but online Writer's Group:
http://writing.novusimperia.net/

Hypertext SotC SRD:
http://www.novusimperia.net/FATE_SRD/Fate3SRD.php

Offline Storykeeper

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 02, 2008, 09:56:04 PM »
I've got plenty of character ideas, but I think my first one will be a changeling born of a Baobhan-Sith and a mortal man.  The changeling thing really appeals to my love of angsty character backgrounds, and makes for good drama when what he is told to do and what he knows he should do don't mix.

Offline Choboman

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 18, 2008, 09:42:29 PM »
deleted because it was corny
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 06:10:49 PM by Choboman »

Offline beardOsaurus

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 01, 2008, 04:00:13 AM »
I really don't know what I would be.

Being a Winter Knight would be cool for me, because I am one of the people that loves to be the "bad guy" in the games I play. (Fable, Elder Scrolls, DnD, Hero Systems, etc...) So, being able to imbued with the powers of Air and Darkness seems to appeal to me.

Of course, being a White Court vampire would be awesome, just because of above stated reasons.

But then, being a Black Court vampire would be awesome. I know that the weaknesses are there, but I mean, look at Mavra. She is enough to make Harry quake in his boots. Kincaid even showed alittle fear of her while eating at an IHOP of all places.

But, on the other end of the spectrum... A Warden.

Offline Lanodantheon

• Conversationalist
  • A Wizard is as a Wizard does...
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 02, 2008, 01:24:57 AM »
I've mentioned in other places, I'll be a Wizard or a Sorceror.

If a Sorceror, he'd be a talented kid dispensing his own brand of Vigilante Justice. Hockey Stick of Doom in one-hand, Aluminum Baseballbat Blasting Rod in the other.

If a Wizard, he'd be a White Council Intelligence Liason (aka a Spy) codenamed Whitestaff. You know those guys with babyfaces, they're like 20-something, but they look 16 and still behave at that same age? Whitestaff's like that. He's really like 70-something, but he still looks and behaves like a teenager. Because of that, his Magic abilities wouldn't be as high as other Wizard characters(He's always been a slow learner), but his Contacts Skill would be as high as it could go. It would also make for an interesting Aspect that he looks young, but he's an old guy. Everytime a cop pulls him over they think his ID's a fake and everytime he has to renew his driver's license, they think he's hacked the DMV computer or something.

Whitestaff's history is that he was a member of a prestigious Wizarding family being groomed for the White Council in hopes of one day becoming Senior Council. His lineage has a long history in the magical world, especially considering his family name isBalthazar. Instead of joining the White Council though, he went off to fight World War II instead. His magical abilities, though weak, made him the ideal spy. During the height of the Cold War, he was the one of the best Counterspies in the business since he could burn out every bug in a room.

The current war as well as some obvious real-world events got Whitestaff to finally grow up a bit and join the White Council. He has a lot of Contacts and he knows how to get things.

Those are my ideas anyway.
www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/the-emerald-city  (Nov 2012 Campaign of The Month)

fate-accelerated-star-wars-the-infinite-empire.obsidianportal.com/
(June 2016 Campaign of The Month)

My name is Lanodantheon Thul, Conjure that by your own risk....But first, you have be able to spell it...

Offline Melkarion

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 07, 2008, 02:35:36 PM »
My first choice would be a fairly low-power Sidhe of some sort.  Magical chops, but not the sort to take on a Dresden one-on-one without some serious prep.

Mostly because I think it would be really, insanely fun to play around with 1) not being able to "lie" but constantly bending the truth, and warping perspectives via glamor, 2) constantly, compulsively  maneuvering to get people in one's debt regardless of any actual malice, 3) dealing with cashing in on those debts to make up for not being a powerhouse, and 4) being forced to pay off a few of my own, much to the chagrin of the party.

Plus, hey, isn't Melkarion a pretty decent name for a Fae Knight?