Poll

what would u be the RPG?

Wizard(EX:Harry duh!!)
98 (37.1%)
Supernatural entity(EX:demon,summer knight,etc)
62 (23.5%)
Gifted mortal(EX:ectomancer, Knight of the cross,etc
85 (32.2%)
Mortal(EX:Murphy,etc)
19 (7.2%)

Total Members Voted: 255

Author Topic: What would u be?  (Read 77332 times)

Offline theboatman

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: What would u be?
« Reply #105 on: April 11, 2007, 10:24:30 PM »
Ordinary human, no question. What could more heroic and challenging than going up against the forces of evil with no supernatural abilities whatsoever.

Offline The Doctor

• Conversationalist
  • Back off, man. I'm a system administrator.
    • View Profile
    • Antarctica Starts Here
« Reply #106 on: April 12, 2007, 03:46:22 PM »
A Wizard that casts spells in jibberish rather than latin.  There would be nothing more satisfying for me than screaming RAKANISHOO and having a ridiculously large fireball erupt from my palm.
Very Peter Carroll - magical glossolalia.
"Do not injustice to another / Defend the weak and innocent / Let truth and honor always guide you / Let courage find a life within."

--The Cruxshadows, _Sophia_

Offline Hank

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 14, 2007, 07:33:29 PM »
I'd play an ordinary guy from the backwoods of Oklahoma. Good with firearms and tracking from hunting, and fights dirty in a brawl. Smart, but was only in the lower middle class until oil was found under his land. He is not insanely wealthy, but well enough off that he really doesn't have to work much.

He'd show up in the Chicago area looking for a sibling that went missing and discover that some nasty critter or black magic user had taken them. This would give him a motivation to learn about various supernatural nasties and how to stalk and fight them. This guy wouldn't really get in fights per say, as much as he would learn about a creature, stalk it, and when the time was right take it out from over a hundred yards away with a rifle.

What I like about this guy is that he would have to come up with innovative weapon and ammunition combinations for different creatures.

Anyway, that was just my two cents.   

Offline Rel Fexive

• Conversationalist
  • Shadow Sorcerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 14, 2007, 08:29:34 PM »
I had an idea... for a madman.

He starts off as Joe Schmoe but with a little undiscovered magical talent.  But then some awful thing happens: his family is killed in some horrific way by some generic (or plot-significant) nasties.  His mind snaps - and he begins to live out a fantasy life, lost in his madness, righting wrongs and fighting evil, backed up by his magic which is being used unconsciously.  Maybe he thinks he's a paladin, or a heroic knight errant, or a mystical warrior of the Far East; whatever works.

Basically inspired by Robin Williams' character in the movie The Fisher King.
THE DOCTOR: I'll do a thing.
RIVER SONG: What thing?
THE DOCTOR: I don't know. It's a thing in progress. Respect the thing!

Offline Gnome

• Participant
  • Gnomes arent allowed on the White Council v_T
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 15, 2007, 03:22:54 AM »
Id be a Gnome

a magical gnome.

You know what stops an axe wielding maniac?  Bullets

Offline Cowl

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 16, 2007, 12:57:59 AM »
I would be as close to Cowl as I could legally be without copyright infringement....he's just so cool. Suave, sophisticated, mysterious, powerful....everything I want in a character. He's also got the fun side-effect of being deliciously evil... 8)

But really, I'd be a necromancer. I know, evil, bad people, I'm horrible, but you have to have evil characters...spices up the game.
Cowl is probably the most amazingly hardcore character in the series, second only to Harry and Bob.

Offline Brodie

• Conversationalist
  • Book-Harry must be jealous of TV-Harry
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 18, 2007, 04:13:45 AM »
I'm guessing Supernatural Entity covers changelings, since they're half-human/half-fae, so that's what I ended up choosing. Starting out, they're barely more than normal humans, but some have perks. Plus, I like the whole having-to-choose aspect of their life, whether to follow their fae heritage or stay human.

Heh, even in a Dresden game I wouldn't play a magic user. I don't know why, but I've never been fond of playing magic-using characters, even when I was in a WoD Mage game (I played a Hermetic and RARELY used magic). I'm play a shugenja in a Legend of the Five Rings game, but that was just so I could expand beyond the straight forward type I usually play in L5R. Though, my shugenja does have a katana and knows how to use it.

But, I'm likely to find myself in the role of GM in a Dresden game. I introduced the books to the people in my group, after all, and I've been searching for a system to use until the official game is out.
Wile E. Coyote, Suuuuuuuper genius!

Wolfhowls

« Reply #112 on: May 01, 2007, 03:27:46 AM »
Motal..Just give me an M-4 and enough rounds to hold my own and I'll be one happy lil camper

Offline Phoenix Talon

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 02, 2007, 01:13:09 AM »
I'll take a gifted mortal, or one of the low-power spell casters in the city.  Nothing which would allow me to blow up a city block without significant planning (not a la Harry when he gets pissed and tends to slag things).

Offline Salaam

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 02, 2007, 01:58:39 AM »
I would definately be a new member of the Order of Saint Francis.  Think Alphas.  I would have just gotten my new form so I wouldn't be very used to it.  Not sure what animal though.
"Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends."

J. R. R. Tolkien, The Lord Of the Rings

Offline lancescott70

• Lurker
  • Never make a deal with a dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 02, 2007, 02:21:53 AM »
Gifted Mortal no doubt about it. I have a couple of ideas in mind. One being a were creature (probably either bear or wolf). The other being an ancestral warrior. A mortal imbued with power by talismans with enhanced abilities and a few minor powers. I have a lot of interest in my families Norse and Gaelic ancestry and their mythology so I am sure I could come up with some interesting items/abilities.
Do not triffle in the affairs of Dragons mortal, for you are crunchy and go well with ketchup.

Offline BolshevikMuppet

• Participant
  • P-p-polka will never die.
    • View Profile
    • My Harry Dresden RP Profile.
« Reply #116 on: May 16, 2007, 04:59:38 AM »
I'd likely end up as Justine.  Damn those sexy-ass vampires....

How luminous he looks to me
So radiant and glorious
One savage kiss is all he needs
To change his life and make this night victorious
What princes of the moon we'd be...

Rabidpancakes

« Reply #117 on: May 29, 2007, 04:06:58 AM »
I'd have to go the route of the Wizard, maybe a warden

Offline Matrix Refugee (formerly Morraeon)

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 03, 2007, 04:31:47 PM »
Toss-up between Gifted Mortal and Supernatural Entity (Is it possible to play White Court vamps? Because I'd love to play an Inari-like Wampire)

Offline The Corvidian

• Conversationalist
  • I like crows and ravens.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 07, 2007, 03:08:09 AM »
What about an entity, that doesn't mind humans, but scares the s##t out of other supernatural entities? Some ordinary looking John Q. Public that scares the Erlking, Mab, the Summer Queen, the Vampire Courts, and gives wizards the heebe jeebies, but doesn't do a thing to low level practioners, or mainstream humans.
Clarke's Third Law: Sufficently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

Niven's Converse to Clarke's 3rd Law: Sufficently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from science.