Author Topic: Golem and lightsabers  (Read 4141 times)

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Golem and lightsabers
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2014, 08:25:57 PM »
You may want to take a look at the Projection custom Power.

Offline Locnil

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Golem and lightsabers
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2014, 09:59:38 AM »
Not at all, why should it? My item of power can take pretty much any form desire, and in this case, I choose it to be a golem that walks next to me. I just like to get away from the idea that because you are playing a character concept that involves a "pet" of some sort, that you automatically have to have 2 separate characters, mechanically speaking. Especially in a system like Fate, you can deal with a situation like this much more fluid.

Wordmaker already pointed out the issue with this. Furthermore, enemies literally cannot target the golem, even if they wanted to, since RAW its only you there. Furthermore, you can't send your golem away to do whatever; at the very least you must stay with it.  Also, your golem can't act on its own; which might fit in with his particular concept but not necessarily with others. In short, you can still say fluffwise it's a golem, but in practice it's still gonna play like you have a suit of power armour - which means the "golem" bit is just so much fluff. I understand what you're doing, but FATE is not freeform enough to actually handle all the irregularities without actually creating two seperate characters.