Author Topic: Sponsored Magic for review  (Read 1242 times)

Offline idirex

• Conversationalist
  • "Wake Up Sheeple" xkcd
    • View Profile
Sponsored Magic for review
« on: June 29, 2014, 11:51:10 PM »
Hi . I would like to submit a Sponsored Magic for review . I have had a lot of trouble with it and have made some drastic changes from its original concept .  This is Very similar to Hunger magic ( a rolled up sponsored magic and vampirism ). What I'm concerned the most is its cost and if I have missed something obvious . The Focus part is for "convenience and clarity" . Please comment .
Edit : Changed as per Belilal666 recommendation .
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 10:34:09 PM by idirex »

Offline Belial666

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Sponsored Magic for review
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 07:57:17 PM »
1) Far too powerful for a single sponsored magic. I count 4 major benefits; Evothaumaturgy powered through feeding which basically doubles the amount of evocation you can cast in a scene, Spell Drinker which allows you to clear stress tracks and mild consequences each time you take out targets with magic meaning you basically have unlimited evocation as long as you use it offensively, the ability to assume additional "Marked by Power" versions, and the mechanical bonuses of armor vs magic and defense vs feeding.
Every singe one of those bonuses would about match the bonuses of any other sponsored magic. I'd never allow them all together. Some of them I'd never allow at all.

2) Do not integrate additional powers into the sponsored magic itself. Simply have your sponsored magic include "Marked by Power", "Feeding Dependency" and "Vampirism" into its "musts".

Offline idirex

• Conversationalist
  • "Wake Up Sheeple" xkcd
    • View Profile
Re: Sponsored Magic for review
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2014, 09:57:09 PM »
Now that you pointed it out it really is a cheat  :-[ . I shall do as you recommend .
If anyone else has further recommendations , please don't be shy .
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 10:39:49 PM by idirex »