Author Topic: dresden trivia  (Read 152149 times)

Offline mdodd

• Seriously?
  • OH, IT'S HIM. @paceace1094
    • View Profile
Re: dresden trivia
« Reply #195 on: November 12, 2011, 10:00:48 AM »
I'll admit that I haven't read the entire thread, but here's a list of questions too ...

1.  Who is Cowl really?
2.  Who is Kumori really?
3.  What is Sue's birthday?
4.  How did the Vampire races come to exist in the mortal world?
5.  Where is the Anthame?
6.  Who won the game of chess in Mac's bar in Storm Front? (Has it been finished?)
7.  Who cleaned up the flaming poo?
8.  Is the Chicago Arcane still being published?
9.  How many bones has Harry broken?
10. What happened to the building Marcone was in when he was kidnapped, AFTER the kidnapping?
11. Can a female Wampire give birth?
12. Is there a basement lab in the new building where the Chicago Justice League meets?
13. How many members of the White Council are there?
14. What happened to Rashid's eye?

My answers are below ...
(click to show/hide)

::) ::) ::) ::) ::)That showed 'em.
One year's forum service, nearly two
--------------------------------------------------------
“And the people next door oppress me all night long. I tell them, I work all day, a man's got to have some time to learn to play the tuba. ― Terry Pratchett.

Offline knnn

• Special Collections Division
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 15, 2011, 06:25:19 PM »
5.  Where is the Athame?
Didn't Mab give it back to Lea after she cured her?

8.  Is the Chicago Arcane still being published?
Probably yes - Harry mentions Susan's replacement in PG.

11. Can a female Wampire give birth?
Yes - we have evidence in White Night. "Cesarina Malvora" is young Vitto's mom.

12. Is there a basement lab in the new building where the Chicago Justice League meets?

There very probably is a basement - such things are usually kept when building new structures, unless you need to fill it in for structural purposes.  It probably no longer functions as a magic lab though.  That said, if there *was* a lab in the building, you'd probably either want it on the top floor (in case anything goes boom), or deep underground (in case anything goes boom).

13. How many members of the White Council are there?

Low thousands.

There is no official number, but we can get a bunch of estimates based off of a number of sources in the books.
- Number of people you can cram into the convention room in SK.
- 200 Wardens * "only about 1 in 5 have combat magic affinity to begin with".
- 1 Council-class wizard in Chicago (around 1 in 3,000,000 mortals) = 2300 Council-class wizards worldwide.
DV Geek code:

DV knnn v1.2 YR4 FR3 BK++ RP+ JB+ TH WG+ CL(+) SW++++ BC- MC---(+) SH[Murphy+, Molly+]

Find out your Dresden Files "Purity" score: http://knnn.x10.mx/purity2/purity.html

Offline blackwolf

• Posty McPostington
  • Wolf Guard to the GREAT SHE Priscellie
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 12, 2011, 11:18:33 PM »
- 200 Wardens * "only about 1 in 5 have combat magic affinity to begin with".
- 1 Council-class wizard in Chicago (around 1 in 3,000,000 mortals) = 2300 Council-class wizards worldwide.

as to the number of wardens, they lost around 3/4 durring the war,

Also there are atleast 2 council class wizards in chicago, Harry, and his apprentance Molly, not counting all the council class wizards that harry smoked in chicago through out the years, (victor sells, and the shadow man for instance) plus there is the possibility of the children of members of the ordo that may have the talent to become wizards, and just havn't manifested it yet. most of the ordo kids we saw were VERY young when we saw them.

Also what if Harry is wrong when he sais that most wizarding ability is inherated Maternally, we have no Idea who his grand mother is, could be she wasn't a wizard or a middleing practioner at all but just a mere mortal. before he could find out from his grandfather, he kind of got SHOT IN THE CHEST. and if this is the case, maybe baby maggie will become a council class wizard.

also with the athama knnn, I doubt that she gave the athama back to Lea, because it was causing lea to have too much power. I am not sure I am rembering this correctally, I dont want to look it up, but I want to say that Lea as powerful as she was already, when she got the athama, she increased in power to almost that of Mab herself, and somewhere it sais that Lea is second in power only to Mab. which to me means that she is even more powerful then the winter lady, however I am inclined to believe that the mothers are even MORE powerful then the queens, but they are bound in some way to not use it as they can
EVER RUNNING THROUGH THE NIGHT , HUNTING THOSE WHO DO BETRAY, I HUNT ALONE WITH DEATHS MIGHT , BLOOD LUST IS THE ONLY WAY, FOR THIS IS MY FATE

Every Warrior's dream is that he is Never Needed.

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
  • For those who wander but are not lost!
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 13, 2011, 12:32:02 AM »
Isn't there a WoJ that the grandmother was just human nothing special?
Sir  Reginald.
I will miss you, my friend Mdodd. May you find peace.
Snowy,  I am rooting for you. I hope you remain happy and as comfortable as possible.

How many steps to the lighthouse?

Offline Sydna

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 07, 2012, 11:40:20 PM »
Isn't there a WoJ that the grandmother was just human nothing special?

What Jim actually said was that she was mortal.
Not by fire but by ice.

Offline psmitty

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 18, 2012, 01:01:20 AM »
Harry doesn't wear a hat or even have one I believe.

Harry has, and has worn, a black baseball cap with coca-cola written in red letters on it.
DV psmitty v1.2 yrs4 FR1 bk+++ rp- jb th++ ?wg=fsm cl sw+ bc+ mc++

Offline Pops

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 13, 2012, 01:39:37 AM »
Seeing as I am a lurker deluxe and hardly never ever post anything I'll probably get this wrong so I ask forgiveness in advance... Toward the beginning of this string a few years ago it was asked how many people Harry had Soul gazed with. I'm pretty sure one was missed. The Leader of the Streetwolves from Fool Moon.

Now then...if that was already stated and I missed it completely I humbly apologize and retreat once more into the shadows.

Offline Zuriel

• Conversationalist
  • It is what it is
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 13, 2012, 02:05:46 AM »
You are correct.  :D   I just finished re-reading FM...and on page 98, I think it is, Harry did soulgaze Peter, the leader of the Streetwolves. 
"I exist, therefore, I obsess."

Offline knnn

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 13, 2012, 12:20:43 PM »
There are a couple more trivia questions here (blatant self-plugging):

http://knnn.x10.mx/purity2/purity.html

It's in the fourth section.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 12:22:16 PM by knnn »
DV Geek code:

DV knnn v1.2 YR4 FR3 BK++ RP+ JB+ TH WG+ CL(+) SW++++ BC- MC---(+) SH[Murphy+, Molly+]

Find out your Dresden Files "Purity" score: http://knnn.x10.mx/purity2/purity.html

Offline OrangeWolf

• Participant
  • Coffee, Coke, and Beer -- Drinkage Staples?
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 15, 2012, 05:11:37 PM »
Do we know what Harry's eye color is?  I was discussing this with someone the other day, as they thought he had green eyes (like Harry Potter) while I had the impression that they were brown or blue.  Then I realized that I didn't really know for sure, and started to wonder if it had even been mentioned.
Current Favorite Dresden Files Quote:  "The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault."

Offline mdodd

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 16, 2012, 07:12:25 AM »
All I can remember is a reference "I always thought I had my fathers eyes" but assumed that was a tongue in cheek reference to Potterverse. Might have to ask the mods unless somebody can remember the colour of his father's eyes.
“And the people next door oppress me all night long. I tell them, I work all day, a man's got to have some time to learn to play the tuba. ― Terry Pratchett.

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 16, 2012, 08:47:53 AM »
Judging by the comic, they're brown.
Currently dealing with a backlog of games.

If you want me to type up a book quote or find a WoJ quote, send me a PM.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline mdodd

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 16, 2012, 03:10:15 PM »
Good spot.

Offline Kathryn Rose

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 08, 2012, 05:28:09 PM »
Do we know what Harry's eye color is?  I was discussing this with someone the other day, as they thought he had green eyes (like Harry Potter) while I had the impression that they were brown or blue.  Then I realized that I didn't really know for sure, and started to wonder if it had even been mentioned.

I'm new to the board and not sure how to do this. The following spoiler is from Ghost Story.
(click to show/hide)

Offline rocketman24

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 07, 2012, 09:20:09 PM »
Umm, I could be wrong here, and I hate to necro the post (I seem to have developed a bad habit of doing that...), but I think that by the end of Dead Beat/the beginning of Proven Guilty there are only 3 regional commanders, (one of them is presumed to be dead, due to the Red Court offensives) including Harry and Ramirez.
im gonna do the same thing, doesn't harry say at one point he has 4 wardens under him, but they are to young for him to use?
“A room without books is like a body without a soul.”
― Marcus Tullius Cicero