Author Topic: Looking for a List of the Accord Signers  (Read 3013 times)

Offline Rechan

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Looking for a List of the Accord Signers
« on: May 11, 2014, 11:23:12 PM »
This is really bugging me because I can't find it. I recall there's a sidebar that lists all the signers of the Accords, at least that have been mentioned previously.

What page is this on? It's not on page 14 where the Unseelie Accord are actually discussed.

Offline Cadd

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for a List of the Accord Signers
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2014, 12:04:03 AM »
I very much doubt there is one... We don't even have information from the books to form a comprehensive list, I think. Whether a group is a signatory or not can take a while to come up - for instance while the Order of the Blackened Denarius are signatories, that isn't mentioned in Death Masks IIRC. It takes until Small Favor, the second Denarian-focused book until we get that info. There might be a list of known Freeholding Lords, though. They're at least enumerated pretty clearly in the books...

Signatory Nations (not the Freeholds) off the top of my head:
White Council
The Vampire Courts (unknown if they're signed on collectively or independently. Might actually be collectively as the war is between the Council and the Vampire Courts, not just the Reds. The Whites just really slack on the war effort.)
The Faerie Courts
The Denarians
The Fomor

Offline Rechan

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2014, 12:10:27 AM »
AHHA.

It's on page 145, in a sidebar titled "Freeholding Lords". The reason I couldn't find it is because it was on the same page as Ferrovax.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 12:13:22 AM by Rechan »

Offline PirateJack

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2014, 12:15:10 AM »
Ferrovax, Marcone, a shapeshifting guru (ally of the White Council) and a Shakshasa from India are Freeholding Lords.
Quote from: JoeC
"Why are you banging your head against the wall?
'cause it feels sooooo good when I stop..."

Offline knnn

• Special Collections Division
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2014, 03:28:29 AM »
Ferrovax, Marcone, a shapeshifting guru (ally of the White Council) and a Shakshasa from India are Freeholding Lords.

As well as the Archive and Mr.  Vadderung (CEO of Monoc Security).
DV Geek code:

DV knnn v1.2 YR4 FR3 BK++ RP+ JB+ TH WG+ CL(+) SW++++ BC- MC---(+) SH[Murphy+, Molly+]

Find out your Dresden Files "Purity" score: http://knnn.x10.mx/purity2/purity.html

Offline Rechan

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2014, 03:31:12 AM »
As well as the Archive and Mr.  Vadderung (CEO of Monoc Security).
And Vlad Drakul and an unnamed dragon.

Offline blackstaff67

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2014, 11:02:22 AM »
Knights of The Cross are also signatories, I think.  Not unreasonable to assume that the head of some pantheons (Zeus, for example) are also signatories.  Regarding Freeholding Lords, again, Harry's data might be incorrect or wanting.
My Purity score: 37.2.  Sad.

Offline Cadd

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2014, 11:06:20 AM »
Knights of The Cross are also signatories, I think.  Not unreasonable to assume that the head of some pantheons (Zeus, for example) are also signatories.  Regarding Freeholding Lords, again, Harry's data might be incorrect or wanting.

No, Knights of the Cross are specifically a non-signatory, just like the Catholic Church. If they were signatories, they'd have to actually have diplomatic relations with not only fairies and vampires, but also the Denarians - not likely to happen ;)
For the same reason (ongoing non-compromising conflict with a signatory) I'd hazard a guess that the Fellowship of St Giles are also not an accords nation.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 11:13:24 AM by Cadd »

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2014, 01:33:55 AM »
No, Knights of the Cross are specifically a non-signatory, just like the Catholic Church. If they were signatories, they'd have to actually have diplomatic relations with not only fairies and vampires, but also the Denarians - not likely to happen ;) 

Not just the conflict, though:  the Knights are specifically guided by a different set of rules than the Accords.  Given enough raw power to bring to bear, it would be trivially easy for your average middleschool "queen bee" girl (let alone a manipulator like Mab) to create a situation wherein a signatory of the Accords could not uphold both the Accords and the standards of a Knight of the Cross.

I think we all know which they'd choose... and *BAM* instant Accord-Outlaw.

That said... it wouldn't surprise me if the Accords designated the Knights (and some other entities) with some sort of status under the Accords, such that (for example) a Knight would be able to act as a Second to some half-baked young wizard who got into an Accord-sanctioned duel with a major RCV badass....

- Steve, the g33k

Offline toturi

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2014, 04:02:35 AM »
Not just the conflict, though:  the Knights are specifically guided by a different set of rules than the Accords.  Given enough raw power to bring to bear, it would be trivially easy for your average middleschool "queen bee" girl (let alone a manipulator like Mab) to create a situation wherein a signatory of the Accords could not uphold both the Accords and the standards of a Knight of the Cross.

I think we all know which they'd choose... and *BAM* instant Accord-Outlaw.

That said... it wouldn't surprise me if the Accords designated the Knights (and some other entities) with some sort of status under the Accords, such that (for example) a Knight would be able to act as a Second to some half-baked young wizard who got into an Accord-sanctioned duel with a major RCV badass....

- Steve, the g33k

Unless the Knight was on the clock when he was "told" to sign the Accords. Then he is Protected.

I would not be surprised if there was a Force Majeure clause in the Accords and the actions of Knights of Cross were classified as acts of God.
With your laws of magic, wizards would pretty much just be helpless carebears who can only do magic tricks. - BumblingBear

Offline Cadd

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2014, 06:28:00 PM »
While that is possible, the Knights are specifically not signatories according to the novels. Small Favor IIRC.

Offline Katarn

• Posty McPostington
  • Morgan- Best Warden ever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2014, 02:45:37 PM »
To gather the signatories in from over several posts:

• The White Council
  • The Vampire Courts
  • Both Faerie Courts
  • The Fomor
  • the Archive
  • The Order of the Blackened Denarius
  • Donar Vadderung
  • John Marcone
  • Drakul
  • (Ukrainian shape-shifter)
  • Ferrovax
  • (other dragon)
  • Gilgamesh of the Ereshkigal ghoul clan (source:  Your Story)
  • Approximately 11 other Freeholding Lords

(I can't find any reference to Rakshasa as a Freeholding Lord, does anyone have a source?)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 05:47:18 AM by Katarn »

Offline PirateJack

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2014, 09:25:45 PM »
Hmm. I've had a quick look through my e-books and couldn't find the reference I thought was there. It may be I've mistaken them for Accords members because they were allied with the Red Court, and given that Cristos' claim to fame was that he distinguished himself in battle against a Rakshasa Raja, I'm more inclined to say that they are a group along the same lines as the Fellowship of St. Giles were. Allied to an Accords nation, but not one in their own right.
Quote from: JoeC
"Why are you banging your head against the wall?
'cause it feels sooooo good when I stop..."

Offline Katarn

• Posty McPostington
  • Morgan- Best Warden ever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2014, 05:45:47 AM »
Also, I forgot, from the Baltimore chapter in Your Story, Gilgamesh, self-proclaimed God-King of ghouls, is a Freeholding Lord.

Offline EndlessKng

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2014, 12:57:50 PM »
Don't forget the Svaltalfar, who are a power in their own right (and a powerful one at that).