Author Topic: fun with aspects  (Read 1610 times)

Offline cowardlylion

• Participant
    • View Profile
fun with aspects
« on: February 18, 2014, 06:36:31 PM »
Ok so say you have through a grapple/manoeuvre created the human shield or human bowling ball aspect on an enemy. Then you tag said aspect to be defend against an attack another enemy. Should there be a mechanical effect on the first enemy of you using them as a shield or a projectile?

Offline OwleIsohos

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: fun with aspects
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 08:37:56 PM »
I think that the mechanical effect is the aspect that's already on them.  You could potentially tag the "Human Shield" aspect for effect to say that the next attack made against you hits your human shield instead, if your GM allows for it.  And after you've thrown your "Human Bowling Ball", you can spend a FP to get a +2 on an attack against that enemy, with the justification that the enemy just got flung around and is probably too disoriented to get out of the way of your attack.  Or, if your GM is willing, spend a FP to tag it for the effect that your enemy lies there groaning for the next exchange, or that said enemy has the "Bruised" aspect now, etc.

Offline PirateJack

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 11:57:55 PM »
Would tagging for effect allow you to have that one attack inflict damage on both parties, if it hits?
Quote from: JoeC
"Why are you banging your head against the wall?
'cause it feels sooooo good when I stop..."

Offline Taran

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Chip
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2014, 04:27:20 AM »
If you're adding a +2 bonus, I say nothing else happens.  Either you get hit or the attack misses...maybe because the guys' ally is trying not to hit their buddy and just plain misses. (or whatever).  Or you invoke for effect...I'd just compel the target of the maneuver to try to dodge the hit instead of the intended target.

Would tagging for effect allow you to have that one attack inflict damage on both parties, if it hits?

If someone is dropping a car on you...then possibly.

Offline OwleIsohos

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2014, 06:35:50 PM »

Were I GMing, and you asked me that question, I'd allow you to treat that one "Human Bowling Ball" attack as a spray attack against those two targets.  You'd have to split your shifts on the attack between the two of them, and both of them would get a defense roll (the enemy you're throwing could manage to land safely with Athletics, and the one you're aiming for could get out of the way.)

Like all invokes/tags for effect, though, it's very much at your GM's discretion.