Author Topic: Arting Harder at the Pen Monkey Toiling Pit (Celebrate Them Pages Pt III)  (Read 49338 times)

Offline The Deposed King

• Posty McPostington
  • Persuasion is the key to success.
    • View Profile
    • Luke Sky Wachter Blog
90k - Falon II

91k - Falon II

92k - Falon II

The Deposed King
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 12:46:03 PM by The Deposed King »

Proverbs 22:7, "The rich rule over the poor, and the borrower is slave of the lender"

The Deposed King (a member of baen's bar)

Offline the neurovore of Zur-En-Aargh

• O. M. G.
  • Riding eternal, shiny and Firefox
    • View Profile
2,000 more words, half another chapter.
Mildly OCD. Please do not troll.

"What do you mean, Lawful Silly isn't a valid alignment?"

kittensgame, Sandcastle Builder, Homestuck, Welcome to Night Vale, Civ III, lots of print genre SF, and old-school SATT gaming if I had the time.  Also Pandemic Legacy is the best game ever.

Offline The Deposed King

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Luke Sky Wachter Blog
93k - Falon II

94k - Falon II

95k - Falon II

The Deposed King
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 01:49:12 PM by The Deposed King »

Proverbs 22:7, "The rich rule over the poor, and the borrower is slave of the lender"

Offline The Deposed King

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Luke Sky Wachter Blog
96k - Falon II

97k - Falon II

98k - Falon II

99k - Falon II

The Deposed King
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 12:22:04 PM by The Deposed King »

• O. M. G.
    • View Profile
1500 more words, Chapter 19 of TIWTBWO #3 is done, and I am a bit grumpy because it then took a ridiculously long amount of time to find a working floppy to transfer from my writing computer to my desktop and ensuingly I did not have time last night for the long hot bath my back is in need of.

That takes me just over 80,000 words.  This is thrashing about a lot; I think I am going to move forward to the next inflexion point, which should be about chapter 24, and then rework some of the earlier stuff.  (Rather than having a Big Middle, this is a book of three parts, and chapter 24/25, depending on how the intervening scenes organise themselves, will be the end of the second part.)

kittensgame, Sandcastle Builder, Homestuck, Welcome to Night Vale, Civ III, lots of print genre SF, and old-school SATT gaming if I had the time.  Also Pandemic Legacy is the best game ever.

Offline The Deposed King

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Luke Sky Wachter Blog
1500 more words, Chapter 19 of TIWTBWO #3 is done, and I am a bit grumpy because it then took a ridiculously long amount of time to find a working floppy to transfer from my writing computer to my desktop and ensuingly I did not have time last night for the long hot bath my back is in need of.

That takes me just over 80,000 words.  This is thrashing about a lot; I think I am going to move forward to the next inflexion point, which should be about chapter 24, and then rework some of the earlier stuff.  (Rather than having a Big Middle, this is a book of three parts, and chapter 24/25, depending on how the intervening scenes organise themselves, will be the end of the second part.)

Frustrating as some of it sounds, it also sounds like you're making some good progress.  Keep after it Neuro.

100k - Falon II

The Deposed King

Offline LizW65

• Posty McPostington
  • Better Red than dead...
    • View Profile
    • elizabethkwadsworth.com
Fixed a major plot hole last night. Figured out who murdered the artist and why, which is always a good thing to know about one's own character.
"Make good art." -Neil Gaiman
"Or failing that, entertaining trash." -Me
http://www.elizabethkwadsworth.com

Offline Ulfgeir

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
I sadly broke my habit of writing every day this past week due to last weekend being away for an archery-competition,and getting up VERY late. But I am now back in the habit again. It goes slowly indeed.

Now I only need to finish a new piece to use to enter the writing competition on a gaming convention in Gothenburg next month. No pressure at all. Yeah right.

/Ulfgeir
I have not lost my mind, it is backed up somewhere on disc...

Offline The Deposed King

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Luke Sky Wachter Blog
101k - Falon II

The Deposed King

Offline The Deposed King

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Luke Sky Wachter Blog
102k - Falon II

103k - Falon II

104k - Falon II

105k - Falon II

the Deposed King
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 01:55:10 PM by The Deposed King »

Offline The Deposed King

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Luke Sky Wachter Blog
106k - Falon II

107k - Falon II

The Deposed King
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 12:45:42 PM by The Deposed King »

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
  • With an eye made quiet by the power of harmony
    • View Profile
Not nearly as many words as I hoped for over the past three weeks. (Family visited and, hey that's important too.) About 6000 over that time frame. Also a lot of mental work on the last 1/4 to ending. Also a personally hard decision to cut back on a sub-plot thread. Time well spent.

On the other hand, am I the only one who loves it when the manuscript is large enough that it takes quite a bit of time to load and get to your last writing sentence? It used to be irritating, but I'm taking pleasure in the small things these days.

Best writing all.
"Calypso was offerin' Odysseus immortality, darlin'. Penelope offered him endurin' love. I myself just wanted some company." John Henry (Doc) Holliday from "Doc" by Mary Dorla Russell
Photo from Avatar.com by the Domestic Goddess

Offline trboturtle

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Trboturtle's writing pad
My writing right now is divided between work for a Superhero RPG Catalyst Games Lab is doing, outlining a novel for Rick Chessler's new series, and my Battletech writing. I may have to clone myself.....

Craig
Author of 25+ stories for Battlecorps.com, the official website for Battletech canon stories.
Co-author of "Outcasts Ops: African Firestorm," "Outcast Ops: Red Ice," & "Outcast Ops: Watchlist"
http://thebattletechstate.blogspot.com

Offline The Deposed King

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Luke Sky Wachter Blog
108k - Falon II - For yesterday

and

115k - Falon II (7k)

But I'm going to go home and keep writing.

120k - Falon II (12k for the Day!)

The Deposed King
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 12:22:06 PM by The Deposed King »

• O. M. G.
    • View Profile
On the other hand, am I the only one who loves it when the manuscript is large enough that it takes quite a bit of time to load and get to your last writing sentence?

I don't stick my chapters together into one file until the very end, because I way too often find myself rearranging them.

Chapter 20, 3100 words tonight.  This is the chapter 20 on the original plan, not the new chapter I thought went in at 20 and I now think goes in at 21.  It's not done but I may finish it tomorrow or Sunday.