Author Topic: The white court.  (Read 1611 times)

Offline Deimos

• Lurker
    • View Profile
The white court.
« on: January 25, 2014, 04:26:07 PM »
I`m having problems in creating a convincing response from the WCV in a tense situation. Since they are not an aggressive type per se, how could they react if they meet the Pc`s in a hospital they run and they`re trying to "rescue" a human from the vamps?
I`m very new at this game and I find this kind of details hard to imagine for some reason. I could use some assistance.
Thanks!

Offline UmbraLux

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: The white court.
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 05:09:58 PM »
What do your WCV's want?  Bargain for it.  :)
--
“As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it.”  - Albert Einstein

"Rudeness is a weak imitation of strength."  - Eric Hoffer

Offline Haru

• Posty McPostington
  • Mentally unstable like a fox.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2014, 05:26:20 PM »
Well, WCVs like to use cats paws against their foes. If they control an entire hospital, and the players are inside, that's a lot of power they can wield against them.
I mean it's really not the vampires fault that the characters breached a quarantined area and now have to be kept for 4 weeks. And it clearly isn't the vampires fault that the medicine was laced with tranquilizers. Or that the tranquilized characters were transported to a private care facility and the paperwork got lost. Honestly, Officer. If only I'd known, I could have helped them.
Sure, the players can bash their way through mortals, injuring or even killing some of them, but that should be a moral problem for most players. If the players get away, they will be hunted by people in hazmat suits, because they carry a dangerous disease which is not only highly contagious, but also makes them violent and delusional, so they will probably not hesitate to use lethal force.

And all that will take the WCV is one phone call.
“Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?”
― Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Offline narphoenix

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2014, 05:52:14 PM »
Well, WCVs like to use cats paws against their foes. If they control an entire hospital, and the players are inside, that's a lot of power they can wield against them.
I mean it's really not the vampires fault that the characters breached a quarantined area and now have to be kept for 4 weeks. And it clearly isn't the vampires fault that the medicine was laced with tranquilizers. Or that the tranquilized characters were transported to a private care facility and the paperwork got lost. Honestly, Officer. If only I'd known, I could have helped them.
Sure, the players can bash their way through mortals, injuring or even killing some of them, but that should be a moral problem for most players. If the players get away, they will be hunted by people in hazmat suits, because they carry a dangerous disease which is not only highly contagious, but also makes them violent and delusional, so they will probably not hesitate to use lethal force.

You're mean.

Good job.
GMing:

Paranet 2250

Avatar from Scarfgirl and TheOtherChosenOne of Deviantart

Offline InFerrumVeritas

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2014, 09:47:44 PM »

OP, if this wasn't the response you were looking for, I don't think you asked the right question.  This will derail the campaign, but in a very fun direction.

Offline PirateJack

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2014, 02:49:43 AM »

I like you.
Quote from: JoeC
"Why are you banging your head against the wall?
'cause it feels sooooo good when I stop..."

Offline Deimos

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2014, 09:57:50 PM »
Marry me Haru!!

Offline toturi

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2014, 02:33:55 PM »
It really depends on the relative power of the WCV and the PCs.

For example, if one of the PCs is a socially powerhouse, is socially well connected, more powerful and influential than the WCV, then all he needs to do is to make that phone call.

Which a Pure Mortal PC is well capable of doing. Think Mycroft Holmes. Someone with the power and authority to "disappear" those that the WCV may make the phone call to, if not the WCV himself.
With your laws of magic, wizards would pretty much just be helpless carebears who can only do magic tricks. - BumblingBear