Author Topic: Accorded Neutral Territory  (Read 941 times)

Offline Amul

• Conversationalist
  • In 3 words I can sum up life: It moves on.
    • View Profile
    • Art of Amul
Accorded Neutral Territory
« on: January 13, 2014, 12:08:57 AM »
I am thinking about starting up a game and playing with a few concepts as I wait for players to express interest/availability.

Rummaging around online, most campaigns that I have found seem to have a parallel to MacAnally's, that is to say, a business establishment where people are expected to gather, that has been granted the status of Accorded Neutral Territory.

What are some other options? Who would seek ANT status, and why? What does one need in order to become such a thing? Could there be multiple forces who all want ANT status and are fighting over it?

Suppose this particular city setting does not have an officially recognized ANT. What would supernatural groups use instead? I saw one setting where there was a bridge that was often used, the water which flowed under it making sorcerous betrayal difficult, and I thought that was a near idea.
"When he had failed to find [wonder and mystery] in things whose laws are known and measurable, they told him he lacked imagination, and was immature because he preferred dream-illusions to the illusions of our physical creation."
-HP Lovecraft, The Silver Key