Other Jimness > Cinder Spires Books

The Aeronaut's Windlass

(1/2) > >>

Yeratel:
Well, now that Skin Game is finished, and has an official release date, I guess Jim Butcher will pick up working on the Cinder Spires books.  I hope the first one is out sometime mid-to-late 2014.   :)

Serack:

--- Quote from: Yeratel on December 19, 2013, 07:32:17 PM ---Well, now that Skin Game is finished, and has an official release date, I guess Jim Butcher will pick up working on the Cinder Spires books.  I hope the first one is out sometime mid-to-late 2014.   :)

--- End quote ---

He was probably around 2/3 done (estimate based off of the assumption that it has about as many chapters as SG, which is not necessarily valid) before he put it down to work on SG.  Now that he is back at it he has decided to do some rework at about the half way point it seems. 

He has said in the past that back when he was writing Codex Alera, switching between the books with such different characters and PoV styles (The CS books are 3rd person like CA) was quite rejuvenating to his creative process so it could also increase his productivity with the DF and vice versa. 

OZ:
At Phoenix Comicon, Jim stated that he had planned to finish Aeronaut's Windlass before the con but couldn't because one of his teeth exploded. He's very close though.

PilgrimDan:
One of Jim's teeth exploded? How did that happen and is he all right? :o :o :o

Sydna:

--- Quote from: PilgrimDan on July 12, 2014, 06:15:55 PM ---One of Jim's teeth exploded? How did that happen and is he all right? :o :o :o

--- End quote ---

After a major root canal, he is fine now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version