Author Topic: Need Help on Supernatural Senses for a Son of Ares  (Read 1561 times)

Offline Blackmako

• Participant
    • View Profile
Need Help on Supernatural Senses for a Son of Ares
« on: November 24, 2013, 09:28:54 PM »
Hello,

I am currently playing a son of Ares demi-god in a Dresden campaign set in the Midwest.

I am looking to buy supernatural sense at 2 refresh for the three thematic senses.

I am looking for suggestions on what those sense should be/can do.

The ballpark is senses built around warfare. Sort of like battle sense that a child of war might possess or the ability to see the currents of battle/combat/war that is helpful, cool but not game breaking.. I would love any suggestions on senses and mechanics for sensory use. Thanks in advance!

Offline narphoenix

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Need Help on Supernatural Senses for a Son of Ares
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2013, 09:47:20 PM »
I may actually advise against Supernatural Senses in favor of this, if you aren't opposed to custom powers:

PRECOGNITION [-2]
Description: You can predict the actions of your opponents in combat, making it very difficult to get the drop on you.
Skills Affected: Alertness, sometimes Lore.
Effects:
Always Prepared. Add two to your Alertness skill (or, if you have the Prophecy Power, your Lore skill) when using its Combat Initiative and Avoiding Surprise trappings.
Precognition. Whenever you are attacked, you may attempt to Assess the person attacking you with your Alertness skill. The person attacking you may defend with the skill that they're attacking you with. If you succeed, the GM should reveal either one of the target's Aspects or an Aspect that applies to their attack. Aspects revealed this way should generally be useful in the scene that they are revealed in, and they can often be tagged to increase defence rolls against the attacks that revealed them.
Application Of Prophecy. If you possess the Prophecy Power, you may use your Lore skill for the Precognition trapping of this Power and the Combat Initiative trapping of the Alertness skill.
GMing:

Paranet 2250

Avatar from Scarfgirl and TheOtherChosenOne of Deviantart

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 04:45:11 AM »
My suggestions:

Detect weapons, detect violent acts, detect violent intentions, detect allegiance/hierarchy, determine combat capability at a glance, determine weaknesses at a glance.

Some of these might be too good for standard Supernatural Senses, but the GM sets the difficulties so it's easy to adjust their power.

Offline blackstaff67

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 04:45:45 AM »
Perhaps a Stunt related to Scholarship or Alertness would be in order...
My Purity score: 37.2.  Sad.

Offline blackstaff67

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2013, 03:20:24 PM »
Check out the Military Genius stunt to Scholarship in the most recent posts regarding Statting Extraordinary Characters...http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,26217.60.html
My Purity score: 37.2.  Sad.