Author Topic: Mechanical help... Minor Talent  (Read 1125 times)

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Mechanical help... Minor Talent
« on: November 02, 2013, 06:58:46 PM »
I've got a concept for a Minor Talent, wanting help with some mechanical questions (cost, etc).

It's a Talent somewhat along the lines of Psychometry, with elements of Clairvoyance, but not-quite-either.

He can see the INSIDE of any "package" he touches.  Envelope, packing-crate, suitcase, even the ginormous container-ship containers:  if it's a thing for carrying other things, he can see the inside at a touch.  He can see inside containers that are themselves inside containers, by touching the outermost one.

He CANNOT "see through" walls, doors, etc -- if it's not a container meant to carry things about, he sees it as a Pure Mortal would.

He cannot "see at a distance" as Clairvoyants can:  he has to touch it to "see" inside it.

He cannot "read" it like a Psychometer for psychic / emotional / historical impressions left on or within:  he sees the physical contents only, and only what's currently there.

There are some odd quirks:  he can read the letter folded inside the envelope... but take the letter OUT of the envelope and -- like anyone else! -- he has to unfold it to read it.  He can sort through hundreds of objects inside large sealed box in moments... but open the box and he has to take as much time as anyone else, to sort through them by hand.

I *think* this is both technically-legal and within the "spirit" of the rules...  Comments?

What would be an appropriate cost?

Many thanks for any help/insight/etc.

Offline Stirge

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Mechanical help... Minor Talent
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2013, 07:00:32 PM »
Cool power, sounds like an interesting premise to a character!

I'd peg it as Supernatural Sense [-1] myself, as it's very limited.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 07:02:26 PM by Stirge »

Offline Taran

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Chip
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2013, 08:46:44 PM »
I agree.  It's a supernatural sense.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2013, 11:24:25 PM »
Yeah, it's a 1-Refresh Supernatural Sense.

Offline vultur

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2013, 09:45:06 PM »
I agree.

I don't understand why Psychometry isn't presented as an example of Supernatural Sense the way the Swords of the Cross are given as an Item of Power example.