Author Topic: Holy Artifacts?  (Read 970 times)

Offline pmhaugh

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Holy Artifacts?
« on: September 10, 2013, 10:10:10 PM »
Hello forum (read: world),
So I'm a huge fan of the Dresden Files, and I do enjoy pen and paper gaming, and I picked up the RPG. Unfortunately, I'm having a harder time interpreting the rules and creating new content than I imagined I would. In one of my games, I'd like to put into play the Staff of Moses, from the Book of Exodus. I'm having a tough time balancing the artifact (obviously it's really strong, but there are limits), and I would love to hear suggestions about the Staff, or stories of incorperating other Holy artifacts into your games.
Cheers!

Offline bobjob

• Posty McPostington
  • Bier, ja? Und mit Dusen-Dusen? Ja!
    • View Profile
Re: Holy Artifacts?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 11:56:25 PM »
Seems like it really could be just an Item of Power with some kind of Sponsored Magic. Wouldn't necessarily be very expensive but with magic and the right Apex Skills (shoot for the Wizards trio of Conviction, Discipline, Lore) he could do some impressive feats as spells.

-Water from Rock would be a transformation or conjuration thaumaturgy (or even evothaum)
-Staff into a snake and back would be a veil opposed by Alertness
-Battle of Rephidim could be any number of boost spells on entire zones that the Israelites could tag for bonuses vs to attack the Amaelekites
-Parting the Red Sea is the most impressive, but is basically a big Thaumaturgy boost to Athletics to defeat the Block that is the Red Sea, having it cover everybody in multiple zones, and then last for the time it takes to cover the zones of the Red Sea. Pharoah's army didn't get this bonus, but it makes more sense dramatically to have them get half way across and then drown.

Staff of Moses [-2]
Musts: An Aspect denoting possession of the staff.
Affects: Conviction, Discipline, Lore
It is What It Is -0 (it's a staff, about the size of a man)
Item of Power Rebate +2
Powers:
Sponsored Magic -4 (name it something Yahweh related, come up with appropriate evothaum (could be something miracle related), and come with a sponsor goal)
The entire Red Court was taken down by the new Winter Knight? From the lowliest pawn all the way up to the King? *puts on sunglasses* Knight to G7. Check mate.

Playing:
Shale Buckby

Offline Taran

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Chip
Re: Holy Artifacts?
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 12:46:17 AM »
I'd say it's Soul Fire, so -5 instead of -4.