Author Topic: Inbox  (Read 1975 times)

Offline narphoenix

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Inbox
« on: August 23, 2013, 02:47:41 AM »
The PM box holds only 40 messages. I've found that this can get really restrictive, especially when I can go through that number in a day or two. Is there any way to expand the inbox?
GMing:

Paranet 2250

Avatar from Scarfgirl and TheOtherChosenOne of Deviantart

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
Re: Inbox
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2013, 02:49:17 AM »
Post more!
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2013, 03:07:43 AM »
The PM box holds only 40 messages. I've found that this can get really restrictive, especially when I can go through that number in a day or two. Is there any way to expand the inbox?

Nope, sorry.  Ask the folks you PM a lot for their email addresses or IM usernames.  PMs aren't intended for that kind of high-volume communication.

Offline Serack

• Special Collections Division
  • Posty McPostington
  • WoJ Rock Star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2013, 06:51:24 PM »

The PM limit was a deliberate choice by the guy that owns the boards.  Here's his post on it from back in 2010 when he put the limit in place

Quote from: Iago
Very shortly (some time today) I'm going to put in some hard limits on the number of PMs that people are allowed to keep on the system. Four of you have several thousand. A number have more than 100. I'm likely to set the limit at 40 or so. This isn't an email system!

Source

Around the time this was implimented the forums had to go through a pretty major transition because the growing popularity of Jim's works and therefore his official forums caused the forums to grow in bulk to the point that the forum's server was overtaxed.  This policy was one of many that brought the forums back down to a manageable size and greatly improved the overall stability of the system.
DF WoJ Compilation
Green is my curator voice.
Name dropping "Serack" in a post /will/ draw my attention to it

*gnaws on the collar of his special issue Beta Foo long-sleeved jacket*