Other Jimness > Cinder Spires Books

1st person or 3rd person?

(1/4) > >>

cstanley1976:
This is a question for the betas. I don't think this would spoil anything. And I haven't seen it mentioned in the discussions. Is it first person like Dresden or third like Codex?  I love both series but I have a friend who won't read first person. No matter what I do I can't get him to read anything with the word "I" in it.

Thank you.

raljamcar:
Now what about Ayn Rands Anthem? no 'I's there.

Serack:

--- Quote from: cstanley1976 on July 09, 2013, 04:34:59 PM ---This is a question for the betas. I don't think this would spoil anything. And I haven't seen it mentioned in the discussions. Is it first person like Dresden or third like Codex?  I love both series but I have a friend who won't read first person. No matter what I do I can't get him to read anything with the word "I" in it.

Thank you.

--- End quote ---

It's like Codex Alera.  3rd person with sections following different characters.

MX:

--- Quote from: Serack on July 16, 2013, 12:06:02 PM ---It's like Codex Alera.  3rd person with sections following different characters.

--- End quote ---

I'll buy the first book and give the new series a shot, but really not a fan of jumping perspectives in books.  I prefer 1st person, but do like some third person series.

In The Black Company series by Glen Cook, the flipping perspective occurred repetitively in one book and to this day, when I re-read the series, I jump to the book after it.  Nothing wrong with doing it, just not to my personal taste.

Serack:

--- Quote from: MX on July 17, 2013, 05:37:26 AM ---I'll buy the first book and give the new series a shot, but really not a fan of jumping perspectives in books.  I prefer 1st person, but do like some third person series.

In The Black Company series by Glen Cook, the flipping perspective occurred repetitively in one book and to this day, when I re-read the series, I jump to the book after it.  Nothing wrong with doing it, just not to my personal taste.

--- End quote ---

Jim's a huge fan of that series.  I don't remember CA having rapid jumps from perspective to perspective, but I haven't read it since like 2010.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version