Author Topic: Question...  (Read 3342 times)

Offline Joelok314

• Participant
  • When it is darkest, the light shines the brightest
    • View Profile
Re: Question...
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2013, 12:36:26 PM »
I'm actually thinking that he took extra mild physical consequences. We see multiple occurances where he just keeps going after taking a beating.

There are multiple times where lines like the one in Small Favor come up: "He hammered punches into my short ribs, and he knew how to make them hurt. Unfortunately for him, I knew how to be hurt."

So, I'd say he likely took extra physical consequences. Since you can take backlash as physical consequences, he could use those extra mild consequences to either take more of a beating, which he usually did, or to use more powerful spells even with his lower discipline...
A man once told me death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back.

Do you think a man can change his destiny?
I think a man does what he can, until his destiny is revealed to him.

May the best day of your past, be the worst day of your future.

Offline Mr. Death

• Posty McPostington
  • Not all those who wander are lost
    • View Profile
    • The C-Team Podcast
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2013, 02:31:12 PM »
The problem there is that Harry also takes repeated physical consequences, so does he have room to take mental ones as well?
He almost certainly has either a Toughness or Recovery power from being the Winter Knight at that point, though.
Compels solve everything!

http://blur.by/1KgqJg6 My first book: "Brothers of the Curled Isles"

Quote from: Cozarkian
Not every word JB rights is a conspiracy. Sometimes, he's just telling a story.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_T_mld7Acnm-0FVUiaKDPA The C-Team Podcast

Offline Cadd

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2013, 03:10:04 PM »
He almost certainly has either a Toughness or Recovery power from being the Winter Knight at that point, though.

The point in time that's being referenced here is the White Night battle in the Deeps, unless I've lost track completely. At that point there's no Winter Knight-mojo going on yet for three books. There's some Sponsor Debt I'm sure, but I don't remember how much he explicitly calls on Hellfire in that fight...

Offline Mr. Death

• Posty McPostington
  • Not all those who wander are lost
    • View Profile
    • The C-Team Podcast
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2013, 03:16:04 PM »
The point in time that's being referenced here is the White Night battle in the Deeps, unless I've lost track completely. At that point there's no Winter Knight-mojo going on yet for three books. There's some Sponsor Debt I'm sure, but I don't remember how much he explicitly calls on Hellfire in that fight...
I was referring to Changes there, sorry.
Compels solve everything!

http://blur.by/1KgqJg6 My first book: "Brothers of the Curled Isles"

Quote from: Cozarkian
Not every word JB rights is a conspiracy. Sometimes, he's just telling a story.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_T_mld7Acnm-0FVUiaKDPA The C-Team Podcast

Offline narphoenix

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2013, 03:43:41 PM »

I don't think he really needs to have a stunt for the consequences, though. Between Hellfire and the fact that both his Conviction and his Endurance are at Superb at that point means that he could probably take the blows.
GMing:

Paranet 2250

Avatar from Scarfgirl and TheOtherChosenOne of Deviantart

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2013, 09:54:16 PM »
The novels aren't actually a game, guys. They're not going to correspond perfectly to the rules.

Agreed. By the time of Changes he probably has the stunt that gives him +2 mild mental consequences.

No longer exists. You only get 1 mild consequence per stunt unless you place a limitation on how you can use your extra consequence.

IIRC this was changed between the prerelease PDF's release and the final book's release.

Offline PirateJack

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2013, 05:41:14 AM »
The novels aren't actually a game, guys. They're not going to correspond perfectly to the rules.

No longer exists. You only get 1 mild consequence per stunt unless you place a limitation on how you can use your extra consequence.

IIRC this was changed between the prerelease PDF's release and the final book's release.

The physical rulebook is the latest release though, right? I'm just out of date on the pdf?
Quote from: JoeC
"Why are you banging your head against the wall?
'cause it feels sooooo good when I stop..."

Offline Wordmaker

• Conversationalist
  • Paul Anthony Shortt
    • View Profile
    • Paul Anthony Shortt's Blog
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2013, 06:21:55 AM »
Yes, the physical rulebook is up to date.