Author Topic: Looking for a mouse mini  (Read 1495 times)

Offline beachhead1973

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Looking for a mouse mini
« on: June 09, 2013, 02:10:38 PM »
Not exactly, but close and this seemed like a good place to ask.

In a different game, my character has a Big Dumb Dog (TM) who is actually smarter than him. We've found playing with minis of our characters to be fun and are using the pathfinder/DND ones. But I cannot find a big, hairy dog.

I figured being as mouse is such a strong feature to the series, someone may have happened across a good source for a mouse miniature at some stage.

Any help?

Thanks!

Offline InFerrumVeritas

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for a mouse mini
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2013, 02:29:17 PM »
I mean, there's Reaper Mini's selection.  They have a foo dog, guard dogs, and war hounds.
Farmer and Maggot and Hounds of the Games Workshop LOTR stuff has well sculpted dogs, but they're a little small.  You'll have an easier time finding wolves obviously.  There are TONS of wolf and warg figures.  There are a ton of German sculpting shops that make warhounds.

I'd probably find a mastiff miniature and add fur with green stuff epoxy.

Offline Taran

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Chip
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2013, 07:07:22 PM »
I misread your post and thought you were looking for mini mouse  :P

Anyways,  D&D mini's has lots of wolves and worgs.  Do those not have the look you want?

Offline beachhead1973

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2013, 03:15:18 PM »
I misread your post and thought you were looking for mini mouse  :P

Anyways,  D&D mini's has lots of wolves and worgs.  Do those not have the look you want?

Naw, i am looking for a floppy-eared, big hairy dog, really more like a newfoundland or some such.

Offline Haru

• Posty McPostington
  • Mentally unstable like a fox.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2013, 03:19:18 PM »
Well, there's a Foo Dog: http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/dog/sku-down/02487

Though it's much more Asian Restaurant than actual dog, it might work. It is definitely ferocious enough.
“Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?”
― Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Offline Ulfgeir

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2013, 09:20:24 PM »
You could also take a look in a wellstocked toy-department. They often have small plastic figures of animals. I for example bough a small monkey that was the perfect size to act as a height-marker for the card-game Spank the Monkey

/Ulfgeir
I have not lost my mind, it is backed up somewhere on disc...

Offline Haru

• Posty McPostington
  • Mentally unstable like a fox.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2013, 09:45:28 PM »
Just thought of something. I'm not sure if they will fit your size or if they are even available in your region, but Schleich has some really cool figurines:
http://www.schleich-s.com/de/DE/Spielzeug/hunde/
“Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?”
― Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Offline Taran

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Chip
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2013, 11:16:27 PM »
Just thought of something. I'm not sure if they will fit your size or if they are even available in your region, but Schleich has some really cool figurines:
http://www.schleich-s.com/de/DE/Spielzeug/hunde/

Those are available in Canada. (assuming he's canadian) I've seen them in high-quality toy stores.  I think they're a bit bigger than the standard hex-grid or square grid.  They'd make for a good "large"  or "huge" sized creature.  You'll know what I'm talking about if you speak D&D.  Although, I'm not sure...I've never really compared them to a grid.