Author Topic: Some magic from a diffent series  (Read 1416 times)

Offline Radijs

• Conversationalist
  • Fhtagn-Didley!
    • View Profile
Some magic from a diffent series
« on: May 25, 2013, 03:20:07 PM »
While waiting for the new Dresden files book I've been reading the Iron Druid series. And it's got some fun stuff in there. Most interesting is the Druidic magic. Which I think could fall easily under a category of sponsored magic.

But there's two items of power that might be interesting to incorporate in to a dresden files game.

There's Morreltach, which is enchanted to kill any foe with even the slightest injury.
And Fraggeras, a sword that can cut through any armor, conjure wind and when held to someone's throat.

Fraggeras would be fairly easy to stat giving access to offensive channeling (air), a high weapon rating and giving you the option to easily interrogate someone when they are taken out. Maybe the weapon as some aspects to reflect it's incredible sharpness.

But Morreltach, I've got no idea how to stat such a deadly weapon. One consequence and you're boned. How would you do this?
What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?

Offline narphoenix

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Some magic from a diffent series
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2013, 03:28:16 PM »
Morreltach is actually simple: consequences take the form of exhaustion from dodging (or other logical things) instead of cutting from the blade. That's more narrative than mechanical.
GMing:

Paranet 2250

Avatar from Scarfgirl and TheOtherChosenOne of Deviantart

Offline Aminar

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Some magic from a diffent series
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2013, 04:04:48 PM »
Or make Moraltech Weapon(ridiculous number)  Of course, in doing so it becomes the most sought after weapon in the world and you have to go into hiding for a few thousand years...  And then make it's use traceable and it's balancedish(Because whoever owns it dies not long after in most cases, probably from a sniper bullet.)