Author Topic: Fomor Servitors  (Read 2743 times)

Offline Hogeyhead

• Participant
    • View Profile
Fomor Servitors
« on: July 07, 2017, 04:46:06 AM »
So our group has been playing the game for about 3 years now give or take, one long campaign. We started with 7 refresh I think (I came in like 6 months down the line so I don't remember what it was said we started at). Well we now have 14 refresh 39 skill points and a maximum of skills at 6. We are pretty badass.

However holy shit servitors. What is up with them? Grunts with a skill at 5? I can understand the implants, but the base creatures are just so powerful it's ridiculous. One on one they have no chance of course, but that is just our characters. We have all of us our 'armies' of minions, and these things good lord they are just so much more powerful than other fey and supernatural in general, at least in terms of the cannon fodder. I mean just look at Will from the same book. He doesn't have much of a chance even one on one.

What was going on when they stated these guys?

Offline Hogeyhead

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: Fomor Servitors
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2017, 06:00:17 AM »
Also is their bio gadgetry stated somewhere? Looking through the book it seemed vague.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2017, 02:34:07 AM »
I think the servitors are meant to be about as dangerous as vampires, using high skills to compensate for their weak Powers. They're definitely among the tougher mooks.

Pretty sure you're underrating Will, though.

As for the bio-gadgets, there's a sidebar on page 288 of the Paranet Papers.

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2017, 09:18:04 PM »
... Pretty sure you're underrating Will, though.

IIRC, in Aftermath the Servitor was more than a match 1:1 for one of the Alpha's; but
when they double-teamed the Servitor 2 of them easily overwhelmed him (wolfpack tactics are brutal).

Offline Hogeyhead

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2017, 05:55:16 PM »
Oh yeah? I didn't know I've only started reading the short stories. I didn't realise they were so badass. Do the fomore have any minions that are weaker than servitors? I guess we haven't really seen much of the servitors in action in the books outside of like 2-3 confrontations.

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2017, 08:10:31 PM »
Oh yeah? I didn't know I've only started reading the short stories. I didn't realise they were so badass. Do the fomore have any minions that are weaker than servitors? I guess we haven't really seen much of the servitors in action in the books outside of like 2-3 confrontations.
depends on what you consider weaker.  There are the Octakongs...
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2017, 12:32:34 AM »
depends on what you consider weaker.  There are the Octakongs...
Also IIRC, the Fomor recruit (possibly via mental enslavement?) some Mundanes.
So there's that.

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2017, 12:12:11 PM »
Also IIRC, the Fomor recruit (possibly via mental enslavement?) some Mundanes.
So there's that.
Fair enough, I was lumping them into the category of "less-augmented Servitors" but they might as well be a different class if they're lacking all modification. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain