Author Topic: What are your favorite aspects?  (Read 8792 times)

Offline FaerieGodfather

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: What are your favorite aspects?
« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2013, 03:54:34 AM »
I'm playing a time-traveling caveman-- literally, a member of the first tribe of homo sapiens-- who was mystically empowered to serve as the defender of his tribe, and by extension all of humanity.

His first three Phase Aspects are "Every Part of the Mammoth", "Sexy Shoeless God of War", and "Primitive, Not Stupid".

I've also got a backup character if my half-dragon juvenile delinquent ever succeeds at dying-- the kid's Trouble is "Impulsive Heroism"-- whose High Concept is "Experimental Homunculus Technomancer"; he's a human whose soul has been bound with a Metal elemental and a Spirit of Knowledge, to be used basically like a smartphone by the warlock who created him.

His aspects include "Heart of Gold, Soul of Silicon", "Revolutionary Cryptoanarchist", and "Paranet Celebrity".

Offline Syfekie Thomas

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 31, 2013, 01:49:18 AM »
I created four characters for now.
They're all story-less for now cause I'm not participating any game for now.
The first one, wich seems the funniest, is the one with the name I have on the forum: Nathalie "Syfekie" Thomas.

She's got for high aspect: Sorceress having fun cause life is boring if you don't
She has the trouble: Does he hate me? (Meaning she's not liked by many people and she's too naïve to understand why, and to make the difference between the ones that likes her and the ones that hate her.)

Her full secondary aspects list is this: (of course I'll continue adding more, and more, cause it's funny)
Did I say that wrong? (She says thing she shouldn't, and is usually bad in explications)
Why are you looking at me? (She always has the feeling that someone is looking at her, and she needs a responsible everytimes. Also, she's not good at making the difference between a perv and a good guy)
I didn't deserve that! It's injustice! (She doesn't assume consequences of her acts and thinks that it's the fault of somebody else)
Pff, like I care! (She thinks that if she looks like she don't care, people will come back and be sorry... it never happens)
That was awesome, I wanna try! (She thinks she has no limit in magic when it looks like a funny trick... and sometimes it results in big problems)
Did it hurt? (Stupid questions... always...)
Impossible!!! (If she can't do it, then nobody should, period!)
There's no way it could go wrong! (She thinks warnings are useless... especially in moments where it's important to pay attention to it)
I've got the perfect idea for you! (She always finds a bad advice to give to someone that doesn't need any)
All I wanted was a pepsi! (Things turns dramatic around her, and it her fault, and she doesn't know it's her fault)
What am I doing here again? (Wrong place, wrong time, and she forgets why she was there to start with)
You know what? (She always has something to say... that doesn't fit the situation)
I hope he doesn't see me... (She's not very... subtle...)
I got his attention! Now what? (She has a great use in combat situation: she draws the attention of the ennemies at all costs. She's a good taunter. But she doesn't know how to deal with the results of it)
Could you repeat that again, please? (She's slow with the understanding)
Wait! Don't attack him! Because... he doesn't look like an evil guy... (If he's sexy, he's a good guy)

The second one is her brother, "Matt" Thomas. He's not complete at all:
HC: Wardens' eyes... When he feels like it... (Matt is a wizard, and he likes order, but he also likes to take his time and do his own things)
Trouble: Oh no! Not my sister! (His sister is always in the way somehow)

As secondary aspects, for now, he has:
Why are you still searching? I just gave you the answer! (Meaning people tend to ignore him... or he just uses a too much develloped language for usual people...)
Yes, I can do that for you... Do you have anything else to ask before I change my mind? (He's reliable, but he never seems to happy of helping others)
The law is there for a good reason. (He knows the law and respects it. He also likes it when others also understand why the law is there and why it should be respected. His sister doesn't understand it, by the way)
And... Why should I do that crazy and dangerous experience? (People often asks him to de their dangerous and unsure jobs or tests... He usually does not accept.)
Why am I talking to you, anyway? (He gets easily bored when people are less intelligent or doesn't try enough to understand what he says)

My third character is Daniel Rose, a pure mortal... but with... you know... You'll understand with the High concept, I think.
HC: Everybody wants a piece of me... even minor gods. (He's way too sexy for a normal human... and minor gods that sees him usually thinks he looks like the perfect toy to serve as approache with other mortals)
Trouble: "Lustfull" (He's always full of a lust feeling, just as if he was just touched by a White court vamp.)

I don't have prepared any other aspects for him for now, but he really seems special to deal with for now, I don't know if I'll keep the idea.

I also have created an undead that has "voices in his head" because he was raised to be used against the white circle. I don't have many aspects for him neither for now, but his background is almost ready. He lived as a lawbreaker(1,2,4,7) and was killed for his crimes by an extremist. He was raised by a necromancer that tied to make him a monster to use as a pawn against the Wardens. He has no blood in his veins, but look totally human... just pale and very slim... He also has a big problem, wich is a catch with the power of Physical Immunity. His catch is very tricky, since it's Blood he's alergic to. Otherwise, he uses magic based on the control of flesh and bones and one of his favorite techniques is to modify the feet of his pursuers to make them unable to walk correctly without falling.

And that's all... Yeah, my sorceress is really funny.

Offline Taran

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Chip
« Reply #47 on: July 31, 2013, 02:47:49 AM »
I'm playing a time-traveling caveman-- literally, a member of the first tribe of homo sapiens-- who was mystically empowered to serve as the defender of his tribe, and by extension all of humanity.

His first three Phase Aspects are "Every Part of the Mammoth", "Sexy Shoeless God of War", and "Primitive, Not Stupid".

I love this concept.

Offline Keeindron

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2013, 08:40:10 AM »
HOMESCHOOLED IN HELL
SATAN IS MY GODFATHER

Now that I have your attention, direct your eyes to this massive wall of text. The aspects make more sense when combined with character story, but if you don't care, TLDR parts are in red, and when not labeled TLDR are regular reading too.

I'm currently making Max, a nephilim (half-angel) who is the son of a Denarian and her Fallen who was raised in the Downbelow. He was able to survive the demon denizens of the Downbelow due to the other demons' fear of the Fallen, and he survived the Fallen's infighting due to Satan's direct involvement (I'm setting myself up for hell...). When his mother (the Denarian) was killed, he was sent out of the Downbelow to wield his father's coin. Eventally convinced by Sanya, who he had been a Denarian with, to give up his coin, his ultimate goal is to redeem the Fallen that are not past the point of no return. This (hopefully) includes his father, because step two is killing the remaining host of Hell to protect humanity. His whole shtick is that he's a Shadow inspired stealth badass who fights crime to prove that neither the Fallen or the Denarians are inherently evil.

The game is running on the idea that the Fallen were just malcontents in the host of Heaven that took their complaints a step too far and were thrown into the Downbelow for a sort of 'permanent time out' (read: exile). It also assumes that Satan was an archangel (and an über-Fallen) and therefore not given a coin, and that the Fallen did not start evil, but instead were slowly corrupted by the Downbelow's denizens and the power given to them by their coin. Max is less capable of seeing the corruption than others with an outsiders' view, and therefore believes that almost all of the Fallen are redeemable, even when most of them aren't. He also has a bit of denial going on (to the point of violence) when corruption in the Fallen that he can't or doesn't want to see, particularly in his father, is pointed out.

Food for thought- How many organizations (sans the über-bigwigs in the Nevernever) know the location of the Downbelow? How many of those organizations (again, minus the über-bigwigs) know anything of its inner geography? How many beings (you know the drill) are familiar enough with the individual Fallen to have an educated guess as to how to destroy their coin? How many beings/organizations (this time including the über-bigwigs) that don't know any or all of these would want Max if they knew he knows? How many of these beings/organizations want him to learn this themselves, and how many only want to silence him? Think about Mab, the Church, the Denarians, even the Archive would have some use for this information. Add to that equation that Max does not want this information getting out yet, as he is afraid that even the redeemable Fallen would be destroyed. This is going to both suck and be awesome at the same time if it works.

TLDR: Max is a half-angel Shadow inspired stealth character who was raised in Hell and wants to redeem the Fallen and cripple, if not destroy, Hell itself with knowledge that most supernatural creatures would kill for if they knew he had it.

As he's new to the group and region (Las Vegas), the GM and I have decided to give him none of the aspects associated with the other players, and to add those aspects as we go on as character growth.

His aspects are (for now):

High Concept: EX-DENARIAN NEPHILIM
Literally what it says on the tin. He is an ex-Denarian, and he is a nephilim.

Trouble: HOMESCHOOLED IN HELL
This allows my character to show a different morality than the other characters do. He wasn't raised in a barn, he was raised in Hell. Different things are allowed there than here, and while he's been on the mortal world for five years, that's not enough time to get used to everything, or even most things. This, however, is as much a curse as it is a blessing.

SATAN IS MY GODFATHER
You can't survive being raised by a group of thirty different people who want to kill each other (especially when those 'people' are demons) without some help. For whatever reason, the Devil (with a capital D) was that help. Is this evidence that even the Big Man Downstairs is redeemable, or does Lucifer have some sort of purpose for Max? Knowing my GM? I'm screwed. (Also, I used four different names for Satan in one paragraph [Devil, Big Man Downstairs, Lucifer, and GM] tying my personal record!)

ENDS FROM ABOVE, MEANS FROM BELOW
Pretty much self explanatory. He uses methods such as murder to put the fear of crime into criminals, thus lowering crime rates across the board (besides the murder rate, of course). Just because he has just, moral goals doesn't mean he uses just, moral methods to complete them.

Best part of all of this is that the other players will only know the 'crime fighting nephilim' part of this character until my GM decides that he's going to reveal it in the most damaging way possible. Wait...
He of the long wind late at night
He of the short of breath every other damn time

Offline Syfekie Thomas

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2013, 02:34:20 AM »
Haha, I love it!

I am now making another character wich goes approximatively like this:
She's a dead girl that works for criminal groups and dark associations. She kills, retrieve informations, all kind of stuff. But! She's of better use in groups, since her way of working is special. She has to power to possess other beings, and has a fixation on little girls (wich is her trouble aspect, by the way). So, when she has a job to do, she possesses a little girl, and somehow finds a way to do the job as the little girl. Also, when she needs to, she incites fear in her ennemies and manage to put them in a dead-end so she can then force them to answer her questions.

When she's "normal", she is a young lady (looks like Emilie Autumn, with the make-up and all).

She only has one aspect for now, wich is : "I am just a little girl!"
Meaning she always flees accusations and other threats by reminding that she looks like a little girl, when she's in possession of one.

Offline riff.freelance

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2013, 09:08:08 PM »
We had some great gems hiding in plain sight. Oddly the quiet and "vague" or not as focused on character bits, but on core perspectives of the character.

"Ohhh! What does this do?"
"Killing isn't elegant or creative. It's not my style..." (Dr Horrible love)
"I've gotten in touch with my inner sociopath"
"I'm not racist, I hate everyone" (character was indeed "racist" everything not human was bad)

An awesome character that was all about cards. Tarot and playing card divination and odd "density magic" to turn small thrown weapons into big hits. (Yes, a card throwing character, they happen a lot in my group) He had some good aspects but the one that will always stand out is: "The Heart of the M***er F***ing Cards, B***h!" Between the utility and entertainment this aspect came up at every turn.

Offline blackstaff67

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 28, 2013, 02:16:46 PM »
DOES THE RIGHT THING IS SPITE OF HIMSELF

Rather self-explanatory, I think.  Stole it from the Discworld Gurps book describing Rincewind.  Gonna apply it when I change Aspects to my PC.
My Purity score: 37.2.  Sad.

Offline FaerieGodfather

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 05, 2013, 04:48:44 AM »
Got another ex-Denarian, here, in my friend Cheryl's weird DFRPG. We all live in an infinite time-traveling House, like a cross between an Infinite Improbability Drive and a TARDIS, that travels the space-time continuum at night and lands somewhere random during the day-- the same one in my previous post, except that Caveman has retired after traveling to the future after the extinction of humanity and helping restart the species.

Before the start of the game, I lost my coin and have spent the last couple of centuries inside a magic circle; it's sustained me and kept me from aging, but I couldn't escape and I've had nobody but Iscariel's shadow for company. I've been fighting her influence, but I've given in to temptation multiple times only to find the coin unavailable because the house had landed in a time period in which someone else was carrying it. The last time I broke was literally last night, when the House was sitting on a distant alien planet six months after the extinction of humanity-- I successfully summoned the coin, with no fallen angel inside of it, and Iscariel broke. Now, Scary and I are working together, tenuously, for our own self-preservation and possibly even redemption; Scary is now afraid of the coin and for the loss of her own identity, while I want the coin back so that Scary and I can work together to redeem Iscariel.

My HC is "Repentant Ex-Denarian and His Imaginary Friend", and my aspects include "Redemption of the Fallen" and "We Won't Be Slaves Again"... but the best Aspect on the sheet is, in my opinion, "Long, Dark Honeymoon".

Offline fantazero

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 06, 2013, 09:09:45 PM »
Played in a game where I was a crazy preacher and I shared an Aspect with a White Court Vampire of
"God Hates Fangs"