Author Topic: White Court Powers  (Read 3950 times)

Offline Nightbreed DOA

• Participant
  • High Shadowmancer of Darkenspire
    • View Profile
Re: White Court Powers
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2013, 11:34:43 AM »
I'm shocked that no one has mentioned plain simple anger. Thought about a mercenary type WC clan that instigates conflict. They use their powers to cause conflicts which helps their client (most likely warmongering profiteers who sell guns, etc.) do business.

Offline Cadd

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2013, 11:41:41 AM »
I'm shocked that no one has mentioned plain simple anger. Thought about a mercenary type WC clan that instigates conflict. They use their powers to cause conflicts which helps their client (most likely warmongering profiteers who sell guns, etc.) do business.

Wrath is a very common "non-canon" WCV-emotion, even suggested in YS. I can't really see a clear enough delineation between Anger and Wrath, how would you describe them so they are different enough?

Offline Bjornaer

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2013, 03:46:17 PM »
Butcher differentiates between anger in one of his novels, Changes or Ghost Story, I believe. One is for the good guys, one for the bad guys. I thought the distinction was odd when I read about it.

I like anger better than wrath. It sounds less WASPy.

Offline Taran

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Chip
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2013, 12:50:55 AM »
Once more, I realize how Christian the Dresdenverse is. Lust is a bad emotion, and the 7 deadly sins are appropriate.
KOFFEYKID speaks of extremes and the middle ground. which I like a lot. Aristotles ethics might provide further examples that go beyond Christianity.

Insecurity?
frigidity? (hard to play, sounds like a dirty joke, better: near impossible to play)
chattiness? (Is that an emotion?)
shame?
curiosity?
stubbornness?

Some of these are personality traits and not really emotions.  I just try to think of all the different feelings I might have throughout the course of the week. 

It might help to say the phrase, "I'm feeling...." and see what you come up with.

Frustration could be one, actually.  Hrm...I guess it's been that kind of week  ;)

Offline Bjornaer

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2013, 09:37:35 AM »
Some of these are personality traits and not really emotions.  I just try to think of all the different feelings I might have throughout the course of the week. 

It might help to say the phrase, "I'm feeling...." and see what you come up with.

Frustration could be one, actually.  Hrm...I guess it's been that kind of week  ;)

I'm feeling...
...hungry
...thirsty
...tired
...drunk

It doesn't give me emotions for some reason.

Offline Taran

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Chip
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2013, 11:31:40 AM »
lol.

O.k...I guess it doesn't work.  I'm feeling Embarrassed!  :)

Offline Bjornaer

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2013, 12:16:24 PM »
 :)