Author Topic: Vampires and Evocation  (Read 1174 times)

Offline blackstaff67

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Vampires and Evocation
« on: February 19, 2013, 06:35:42 AM »
I fear I already know the answer to this question and will look silly, but I wanted to get an official response:  When a vampire uses Evocation, the energy comes from their Mental Stress track correct?  Same as Mortals?  I just wanted to make sure as I'm making a vampire NPC for the party to deal with and stacking all the vampire powers atop Evocation powered by two separate tracks (Hunger and Mental Stress) just looked freaky scary (but then Bianca with Evocation nearly killed Harry, so maybe I'm doing it right).
My Purity score: 37.2.  Sad.

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Vampires and Evocation
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 06:46:49 AM »
You are correct. And bear in mind that for only 1 more Refresh their non-Evocation powers wouldn't come from any Stress Track, they'd just be available all the time.

Also, from a pure game mechanics perspective, powers like Evocation and, say, Inhuman Strength are redundant, since you'll never stack them on top of each other. A Wizard with Evocation and two Refinements invested into it is deadlier on offense than a vampire with Evocation and Inhuman Strength...and probably so is a vampire with Supernatural Strength and Claws (and some slightly different skill choices). Having both gives options, which can be handy, and non-offensive powers like Toughness and Speed retain full usage with Evocation...but it's not as broken a setup as all that.