Author Topic: The I'm Writing Thread.... Celebrate your pages written etc Part II.  (Read 81273 times)

Offline Ren

• Seriously?
  • AKA: Renmonster The Horgymeister
    • View Profile
    • The Forbidden Dojo 3-D Art
Re: The I'm Writing Thread.... Celebrate your pages written etc Part II.
« Reply #540 on: October 11, 2013, 03:44:13 PM »
Chapter 3 of Empire of Darkness...I still need a better title...
"Brain Makes My Math Hurt" - me

"Eeyore is my Totem Animal" - me

"Pants are overrated!" - me

Offline the neurovore of Zur-En-Aargh

• O. M. G.
  • Riding eternal, shiny and Firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: October 12, 2013, 05:18:48 AM »
TISBWO; wrestling with one chapter, got much of it done but not all I want to do, it kept having consequences in other places.

TIWTBWO: applied the first bit of the fix mentioned in my last post.
Mildly OCD. Please do not troll.

"What do you mean, Lawful Silly isn't a valid alignment?"

kittensgame, Sandcastle Builder, Homestuck, Welcome to Night Vale, Civ III, lots of print genre SF, and old-school SATT gaming if I had the time.  Also Pandemic Legacy is the best game ever.

Offline Wordmaker

• Conversationalist
  • Paul Anthony Shortt
    • View Profile
    • Paul Anthony Shortt's Blog
« Reply #542 on: October 15, 2013, 01:15:21 PM »
Halfway point reached! 31,581 words on Lady Raven.

Offline Wordmaker

• Conversationalist
  • Paul Anthony Shortt
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: October 23, 2013, 01:10:59 PM »
Slow going with everything else I have going on right now, but I'm up to 33,408 words on Lady Raven.

Offline LizW65

• Posty McPostington
  • Better Red than dead...
    • View Profile
    • elizabethkwadsworth.com
« Reply #544 on: October 24, 2013, 12:01:06 AM »
Hit 95,000 on the Big Sequel last night, and then dumped 1000 that no longer worked.

Anyone doing NaNoWriMo this year?
"Make good art." -Neil Gaiman
"Or failing that, entertaining trash." -Me
http://www.elizabethkwadsworth.com

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
  • With an eye made quiet by the power of harmony
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: October 24, 2013, 03:53:02 AM »
Hey guys. It's official apparently. My debut YA crime fiction novel will be published by the Poisoned Pencil, which is a new young adult imprint of The Poisoned Pen Press. It's a small press that prints 3-5 thousand copies. There is even an advance. I met the publisher and and an editor from Poisoned Pen Press, along with several of their authors. And yes, I fell in love with the Poisoned Pen Bookstore as a result of getting a couple of Jim's autographed books. So it was a natural fit.

I've been in shock mode after the initial squealing. Friends from SCBWI-IA encouraged me to wait until after the fall conference. My critique with an agent was filled with glowing comments and desire for more pages, but after a great deal of thought, I've signed the papers. I will slowly be notifying several of the conferences and schools of the deal. You guys are my first and greatest teachers, mentors, and guides. Thank you.

I can't tell you how excited I will be to search my own name on publishersmarketplace.com. After this, there will be more mountains to climb, a lot of blood, sweat and tears, but it's a time to celebrate.

Take care everyone.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 03:55:24 AM by meg_evonne »
"Calypso was offerin' Odysseus immortality, darlin'. Penelope offered him endurin' love. I myself just wanted some company." John Henry (Doc) Holliday from "Doc" by Mary Dorla Russell
Photo from Avatar.com by the Domestic Goddess

Offline Wordmaker

• Conversationalist
  • Paul Anthony Shortt
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: October 24, 2013, 06:17:50 AM »
That's fantastic! Good initial print run, and an advance too. You did great.

There's nothing like the feeling of that first book deal. Go celebrate, you deserve it! And let us know when the book is out ;-)

Offline The Deposed King

• Posty McPostington
  • Persuasion is the key to success.
    • View Profile
    • Luke Sky Wachter Blog
« Reply #547 on: October 24, 2013, 06:58:00 AM »
Hey guys. It's official apparently. My debut YA crime fiction novel will be published by the Poisoned Pencil, which is a new young adult imprint of The Poisoned Pen Press. It's a small press that prints 3-5 thousand copies. There is even an advance. I met the publisher and and an editor from Poisoned Pen Press, along with several of their authors. And yes, I fell in love with the Poisoned Pen Bookstore as a result of getting a couple of Jim's autographed books. So it was a natural fit.

I've been in shock mode after the initial squealing. Friends from SCBWI-IA encouraged me to wait until after the fall conference. My critique with an agent was filled with glowing comments and desire for more pages, but after a great deal of thought, I've signed the papers. I will slowly be notifying several of the conferences and schools of the deal. You guys are my first and greatest teachers, mentors, and guides. Thank you.

I can't tell you how excited I will be to search my own name on publishersmarketplace.com. After this, there will be more mountains to climb, a lot of blood, sweat and tears, but it's a time to celebrate.

Take care everyone.

Way to go Meg and Congratulations.  I'm pumped for you!  Go knock'em dead sister!

The Deposed King

Proverbs 22:7, "The rich rule over the poor, and the borrower is slave of the lender"

The Deposed King (a member of baen's bar)

• O. M. G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: October 28, 2013, 04:14:28 PM »
Finally had a whack at the dreaded chapter 7 of TISBWO; hope it will now satisfy.

That makes 9 chapters out of 36 revised; I really have to move a bit faster if I am to get this done by the end of the year, damn it.

kittensgame, Sandcastle Builder, Homestuck, Welcome to Night Vale, Civ III, lots of print genre SF, and old-school SATT gaming if I had the time.  Also Pandemic Legacy is the best game ever.

Offline Dresdenus Prime

• Conversationalist
  • More than meets the Wizards Sight
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: October 30, 2013, 01:34:26 PM »
Hit 95,000 on the Big Sequel last night, and then dumped 1000 that no longer worked.

I decided late last night that I'm going to try NaNoWriMo this year. It'll be my first time! As I've been working on my second book, I realized my goals have really been falling short, and I'm not getting as much done as I used to. I figure what better way to get back in the groove than to take one of my story ideas and try and punch it out in 30 days?!
DV Dresdenus Prime v1.2 YR6 FR(M)1 BK+ RP- JB TH++ WGH CL- SW+ BC+ MC++++ SH(Molly++++ Murphy- Elaine-- Mab+++++)

Offline trboturtle

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Trboturtle's writing pad
« Reply #550 on: October 31, 2013, 12:12:05 AM »

I am - just finishing my plotting/scene breakdown document!

Craig
Author of 25+ stories for Battlecorps.com, the official website for Battletech canon stories.
Co-author of "Outcasts Ops: African Firestorm," "Outcast Ops: Red Ice," & "Outcast Ops: Watchlist"
http://thebattletechstate.blogspot.com

• O. M. G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: November 01, 2013, 04:09:52 AM »
Through whack on chapters 8, 9, and most of 10.  That puts me a few paras short of a third of the way through this blasted thing.

Offline Wordmaker

• Conversationalist
  • Paul Anthony Shortt
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: November 01, 2013, 02:03:36 PM »
35,257 words on Lady Raven!

• O. M. G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: November 04, 2013, 01:16:36 AM »
Finished chapter 10 and did a through pass on 11 and 12 today. One more small thing now wants going back to 7, but other than that we are good to move forward.

That's five-twelfths of the whole thing.  Still hoping by the end of the year will work.

Offline Wordmaker

• Conversationalist
  • Paul Anthony Shortt
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: November 05, 2013, 02:15:11 PM »
Things are moving towards the end of the Second Act in Lady Raven, at 37,206 words.