Author Topic: Request help for finding recent topics here!  (Read 122957 times)

Offline Second Aristh

• Posty McPostington
  • Numeromancer
    • View Profile
Re: Request help for finding recent topics here!
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2012, 05:40:12 PM »
This is a delightful thread, especially since I've had trouble using google to hunt down topics on here.

I seek as much info as possible that deals with Nicodemus's knowledge of Nemesis.

I put together the major instances of Nicodemus talking about the BC in Serack's thread on cataloging some of the prophetical conversations.  It's not really a discussion thread, but if you're just looking for information, it should fit the bill.

http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,35236.msg1685351.html#msg1685351
We shall not fail or falter, we shall not weaken or tire...Give us the tools, and we will finish the job.--Winston Churchill

Offline Aein

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2012, 06:05:26 PM »
Perfect! That was exactly what I was searching for, and I followed the trail of bread crumbs to the analysis of SmF in light of CD. Butcher truly never ceases to amaze me with the way he manipulates Harry and keeps him in the dark, an unreliable narrator: note how Harry assumes that 'contamination' = a member of the Church taking up a Denarius, but after CD, Nic's comments make far more sense as describing Nemesis. Dresden is so fixated on Denarians at the moment, and knows nothing of Nemesis, so his logic, which is based on a flawed premise, leads him to an answer that is far too limited in its scope. Most importantly, Nicodemus neither confirms nor denies Harry's assumption; rather, Nick's remark about common interests makes perfect sense in light of what we know about Nemesis and Empty Night.
I can just imagine Christmas dinners. LOL

"Mab, could pass the salt?"
"What will you offer me in exchange?"

Offline lilylis

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2012, 03:59:33 AM »
I don't even know which thread would address this.... Mab or Molly thread. 

In Cold Days, Mab said she was once human...which means she had a soul.
But, in Winter Knight, Harry says he's not worried about 'soulgazing' Mab because she is Fae and doesn't have one... So what happened to it?  Did it go bye-bye with her Free Will?

Early Woj seems to say Fae don't have it ... they can't act out of character...seemed to be reinforced in Cold Days.  But, isn't Mab's choosing of Harry as Winter Knight sort of a Free Will decision?

Where is it best to discuss this Soul/Free Will/Human-to-Fae issue since it affect both Molly and Mab (and probably other characters) ... I'm sure the topic is out there somewhere...likely in multiple threads.... help....  :-\ 
"I have a monster under my bed, and it's Mouse.…There was another one there but me and Mouse slayerized it. --Maggie Dresden

Offline Serack

• Special Collections Division
  • Posty McPostington
  • WoJ Rock Star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2012, 09:22:49 PM »
I well I am embarrassed, I can’t find the threads I know to exist. I would like a few Dresden Files–like reading suggestions please.

Seems I can’t get out of being dragged along to the Mall of American this weekend with a gaggle of female family members. So I will likely just park myself in Barns and Noble and do some reading while the womenfolk shop.

Thanks people.

I listed some good reads in this recent topic and included a link to the 28 page sticky in the media forum that is dedicated to this subject.
DF WoJ Compilation
Green is my curator voice.
Name dropping "Serack" in a post /will/ draw my attention to it

*gnaws on the collar of his special issue Beta Foo long-sleeved jacket*

Offline lilylis

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2012, 04:08:40 AM »
Is there a thread already out there discussing how Aurora got infected by Nemesis as it seems she must have been....and whether it could have been Elaine doing the infecting? 

It is a WAG of mine and I'm not sure if someone has already have it before I take the time to expound on it....wonder if it is already out there.  :-\
"I have a monster under my bed, and it's Mouse.…There was another one there but me and Mouse slayerized it. --Maggie Dresden

Offline Cenphx

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2012, 05:27:50 AM »
Lilylis-- I think I remember on Elegast's Index of Theories thread that he has an entry for the theory that Elaine carried the infection to Aurora. I cant remember whether its under Aurora, Elaine, Infection or Nemesis. But you should be able to find it there. A lot of the theories there have a link to the thread with theory in it. I dont know if he's got a link for the Aurora-Elaine theory but its worth a look. Sorry I couldnt be more specific 

Offline Elegast

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2012, 05:49:25 AM »
Lilylis-- I think I remember on Elegast's Index of Theories thread that he has an entry for the theory that Elaine carried the infection to Aurora. I cant remember whether its under Aurora, Elaine, Infection or Nemesis. But you should be able to find it there. A lot of the theories there have a link to the thread with theory in it. I dont know if he's got a link for the Aurora-Elaine theory but its worth a look. Sorry I couldnt be more specific

Yes. It comes from an old thread by Serack, there's only a single line concerning Elaine, so starting a new one would make sense.

Thread
My "Maeve came to Splattercon!!! disguised as a vampire" theory : Maeve did it

All the theories on the Dresden Files

Offline lilylis

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2012, 05:15:04 PM »
 thanks. Ill take a look and decide.

Offline Elegast

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2012, 06:13:56 PM »
thanks. Ill take a look and decide.

I will create one anyway.  ;D

Offline lilylis

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2012, 06:24:28 PM »
I will create one anyway.  ;D

Works for me...

Offline Elegast

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2012, 06:28:32 PM »

Offline Serack

• Posty McPostington
  • WoJ Rock Star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2012, 03:47:11 PM »
If a previous discussion has been autolocked due to being more than a few months old and you want to discuss something that had been mentioned therein, starting a new converstation is great.

Eventually, that topic will probably be moved into the DFRC, and even if it were not locked, if you just wanted to discuss a narrow aspect of that topic, it is better to do so within a new topic in the general spoilers section because that is where new discussion should be taking place. 

I guess the key word here is "recent."  Starting new topics is generally only discouraged when there are already recent, active discussions on the same subject.
DF WoJ Compilation
Green is my curator voice.
Name dropping "Serack" in a post /will/ draw my attention to it

*gnaws on the collar of his special issue Beta Foo long-sleeved jacket*

Offline Silkki

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2012, 04:17:55 PM »
Hi! What I am looking for is a topic that handles the fact that Outsiders are eveything that come from beyond the border of faerie.
According to Harry NN is friggin massive and faerie is only the part closest to mortal world, it stands to reason most of the NN is considered to be outside. There most likely is a topic about this somewhere. Halp?

There have been tons of topics about Mother Summer's and Mother Winter's names, but has any1 seen a topic where they have included the snake and the hawk that appear in mantles of the ladies in the discussion?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 04:23:45 PM by Silkki »

Offline randomdude18

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2013, 06:59:49 AM »
Hey, with the revelations about the nature of Nemesis and when it infected particular people, I was wondering if there are any threads looking back at Lea's behavior after contamination?  I just finished rereading GP tonight, and realized it may have been painfully obvious that Lea had been changed from before to after the party.

Offline Second Aristh

• Posty McPostington
  • Numeromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2013, 03:05:15 AM »
Hey, with the revelations about the nature of Nemesis and when it infected particular people, I was wondering if there are any threads looking back at Lea's behavior after contamination?  I just finished rereading GP tonight, and realized it may have been painfully obvious that Lea had been changed from before to after the party.
I haven't noticed a thread specifically dealing with Lea and her Nemesis infection.  At least for the past few weeks or so.
We shall not fail or falter, we shall not weaken or tire...Give us the tools, and we will finish the job.--Winston Churchill