Author Topic: How do White Court Vampires procreate?  (Read 3739 times)

Offline amberpup

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: How do White Court Vampires procreate?
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2012, 03:00:42 AM »
Not putting any bets on my memory, but thinking I remember Thomas talking about some brothers that dear old dad had killed because they where eyeing his throne. As for his sisters, Daddy Raith broke each to varies degrees, so they were a bit safer. Which makes a little sense, since a pregnant daughter is easier to keep watch for, which a son could be creating a army (*) of his own children behind your back. 

(*) When I say army, I'm more talking alike 6 to 10 white court vamps even if it did take twenty years to do so.

Offline Rougarou

• Conversationalist
  • Just like Disneyland.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2012, 07:54:06 AM »
Lord Raith killed ALL of his sons prior to Thomas when they were young. It wasn't because they were "eyeing the throne." It was because he's a paranoid old bastard and they might one day "eye the throne." And while the same may have been true of his daughters, he kept them in check by feeding on them, but he couldn't bring himself to do the same to his sons. Because according to Lord Raith, "Incest is okay, as long as it ain't gay." Not cool Lord Raith... not cool.
"So you fought a hobo who tried to use a ritual to make himself a god?"
"We called him Hobosus."
"What?"
"Hobo plus Jesus. Hobosus."
- From a DFRPG campaign.

Offline amberpup

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2012, 03:09:23 PM »
Lord Raith killed ALL of his sons prior to Thomas when they were young. It wasn't because they were "eyeing the throne." It was because he's a paranoid old bastard and they might one day "eye the throne." And while the same may have been true of his daughters, he kept them in check by feeding on them, but he couldn't bring himself to do the same to his sons. Because according to Lord Raith, "Incest is okay, as long as it ain't gay." Not cool Lord Raith... not cool.

One could argue with the level of Lord Raith paranoia, merely being born male was enough to be considered 'eyeing his throne'. Which can only mean Margaret Gwendolyn LeFey was one hell of a woman to keep his paranoia at bay enough to keep Thomas alive all these years. But at least, baby-sister is going to be her own person since Daddy Raith never got his fangs into her.

Offline Malraza

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2012, 05:51:04 AM »
Jim has said that, if he was remembering correctly, Thomas has nine sisters including Lara. One of which is the equivalent of a crazy lady locked in the attic.