Author Topic: Son of Thor.  (Read 6676 times)

Offline Addicted2aa

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Son of Thor.
« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2012, 01:14:42 PM »
If the Declaration is something the character can maybe do sometimes when it's cool, no need to pay. But if it's meant to be somewhat reliable and a part of the character's power, it can't be free.

Not sure why you'd use Potent Catch for mistletoe. IIRC the mistletoe was no more deadly to Baldr than to anyone else, it's just that everything else in the world had promised not to harm Baldr.

Thundering Blows seems iffy to me. Obsoleting both Claws and Breath Weapon is hardly ideal (unless you're actually trying to replace those Powers), and the stress-based weapon boost just might be crazy powerful. Can I really inflict 8 extra stress by filling in my fourth stress box?

Potent catch as a way of making it weaponize, so it gets more refresh back. For our game it was purely a mechanical decision.
Everything I need to know in life I learned from Fear The Boot

Offline Lavecki121

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2012, 03:02:25 PM »
Wasnt it a player mechanical decision too? His character has it as a potent catch, not necessarially all of Odin's Scions

Offline InFerrumVeritas

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2012, 03:55:57 PM »
Thundering Blows seems iffy to me. Obsoleting both Claws and Breath Weapon is hardly ideal (unless you're actually trying to replace those Powers), and the stress-based weapon boost just might be crazy powerful. Can I really inflict 8 extra stress by filling in my fourth stress box?

Honestly, I rewrote breath weapon because most of my players kept saying that there was no reason to take it instead of channeling.  This was an example of that.

The +2 damage from stress was a typo that I didn't catch.  It's meant to be +1.  Oops.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2012, 05:51:08 AM »
There's plenty of reason to take it over Channelling. For example, maybe you don't have much Lore, Discipline, and Conviction.

I mean, Breath Weapon is pretty weak. But there are many situations where Channelling is even worse.

While I like the idea of upgrading Breath Weapon, I think the upgraded version should remain generic. Claws and Breath Weapon are extremely broadly useful, so they end up on all kinds of characters.

And if the upgraded version is as niche as this one, then it's not useful for the vast majority of those characters.

I took a shot at Claws and Breath Weapon with Natural Weaponry, which is honestly still pretty conservative power-wise. I've considered making it weapon 3 base, because that's what good mundane weapons offer. I don't think it would break anything.