Author Topic: Characters from supernatural  (Read 4316 times)

Offline pole287

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Characters from supernatural
« on: November 05, 2012, 02:31:05 AM »
I am still quite new with the dresden files and i was planning on making a few characters to introduce people to the game. While thinking of this I thought about what sam and dean from supernatural would be like as player characters. I tried to find someone who already did them i was unable to but if anyone can link me to it i would appreciate it.

Offline Ghsdkgb

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Characters from supernatural
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 03:44:53 PM »
Stunt: Track the GPS on your Cell Phone
"I am responsible for more than my own fun."

Offline admiralducksauce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2012, 04:49:45 PM »
I think the Impala might be the character, and then Sam and Dean are simply Aspects on the car's sheet. :)

One of 'em seems to take an Extreme Consequence every season, though, huh? Mostly I'd stat them as mostly-mortal with Items of Power (depending on the season; Dean's been Pure Mortal for a while but Sam actually kind of was, then wasn't, then went back to normal again) and buckets of FATE Points. Neither of them seem to be SO good at any specific thing to need Stunts, but they're both effective enough when they need to be (and carry the Idiot Ball when they need to be) that it seems like they would get by on the FP economy alone.

They might have the Ritual power, or the stuff they do might be counted as Common Rituals depending on how you see the show's cosmology and magic interacting.

Offline JDK002

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2012, 07:53:18 PM »
I was actually considering making NPCs based on Sam and Dean for my campaign as good catch-all npcs I can have show up for no real reason other than supernatural evil being afoot.  Off the top of my head here would be their stats circa season 1 & 2.

Sam Winchester

HC: Reluctant Monster Hunter
Trouble: Forever Stained by Demons
Apsects: Living in My Fathers Shadow; I'll Kill the Yellow-Eyed Demon at all costs; Tried Living a Normal Life, and People Died for It; I Want to KILL my Brother, but not Really; Everyones Always Trying to Pull my Strings.

Stats:
4: Scholarship
3: Guns, Deceit, Rapport, Conviction
2: Contacts, Athletics, Resources, Investigation
1: Discipline, Intimidation, Empathy, Lore

Stunts:

-1 "Master" of Disguise (Deceit): +2 to Deceit when using forged documents, identification, or disguises.

-1 Egg Head (Investigation): +2 when using books or computers when searching for information.

-1 Techno Demonology (Scholarship): May use the Scholarship skill when researching supernatural creatures/happenings on the Internet.

Powers:

-0 Cassandras Tears

Total Refresh: -3

I couldn't think of too many stunts that really applied.  So as someone else already said, I think the extra fate points represents the "Jack of all trades" feel of the character.  I figured the Minor Talent template made the most sense giving him Cassandras Tears to represent his visions.  You could easily justify temporary powers for him, and by season 4 you could probably say he's a Focused Practitioner, Demons being his practice.

His stats are also supposed to represent him as a "well-rounded" character, with no stats at 5 and only one at 4.  He's blocked for a Chest-Deep game.

I'll post one for Dean when I'm not on a phone.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 02:58:48 AM by JDK002 »

Offline tetrasodium

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2012, 01:05:24 AM »
Sam probably has a stunt for +2 on  exorcism/binding acts of faith under conviction, maybe even one that moves arcane research under scholarship as well because he's a heavy internet user for research , Rumors from contacts is probably under scholarship for him as well given how often he finds something going on as a result of  on the internet.  Dean seems to know most of the real world people

Offline JDK002

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2012, 01:44:04 AM »
Sam probably has a stunt for +2 on  exorcism/binding acts of faith under conviction, maybe even one that moves arcane research under scholarship as well because he's a heavy internet user for research , Rumors from contacts is probably under scholarship for him as well given how often he finds something going on as a result of  on the internet.  Dean seems to know most of the real world people
Giving his a stunt that lets him use Scholarship instead of Lore when researching supernatural creatures and events is a good one.  I'll add it, and drop his low down a slot or two.

Offline JDK002

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2012, 02:30:32 AM »
Dean Winchester:

HC: Thrill-Seeking Monster Hunter
Trouble: My Lifestyle is Going to get Me Killed
Aspects: I Believe in My Father (to a Fault); Older Brother Complex; Don't Touch My Car, No Really...; Wild & Free, Mostly Wild; Sucker for a Blonde in a Tight Shirt

Stats:

4: Guns, Endurance, Deceit
3: Craftsmanship, Fists, Contacts
2: Intimidation, Resources, Athletics
1: Presence, Lore, Driving

Stunts:

-1 "Master" of Disguise (Deceit): Same as on my write up of Sam.

-1 Trunk O' Junk (Resources): +2 on Resource rolls for obtaining small and medium firearms or general occult materials.

-1 Human Punching Bag (Endurance): May use Endurance for defense rolls from melee attacks.

-1 Hunters Network (Contacts): May use Contacts when researching information that another Hunter may be able to help with.

Total Refresh Cost: -2 (Pure Mortal)

It's just a really quick write up, doesn't need much explaining.  It's got some overlap, but has enough differences in stats to not make it feel like the exact same character (I hope).

Offline Ellipsis

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2012, 03:24:44 AM »
Give Sam Feeding Dependency (demon blood) governing Channeling (spirit).  It'll represent the telekinesis he gets when on the stuff, and mental spirit attacks can represent the psychic demon-killing.

Now, if we could only stat up Castiel...

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2012, 04:26:44 AM »
Cassandra's Tears costs 0.

There are Telekinesis and Prophecy Powers on the master list, they might be useful. I don't really know, I haven't seen the show.

Offline JDK002

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2012, 03:40:01 PM »
Cassandra's Tears costs 0.

There are Telekinesis and Prophecy Powers on the master list, they might be useful. I don't really know, I haven't seen the show.
Ah thanks for letting me know.  I did both of the write-up's from memory so I was pretty much just winging it (forgot my books at my girlfriends place >_<).

Offline Lavecki121

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2012, 04:53:32 PM »
I actually really love this.

Offline admiralducksauce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2012, 05:13:15 PM »
Human Punching Bag just perfectly encapsulates how the brothers fight in the show, too. AKA "Get tossed into walls until the other brother shows up behind the monster, Catch in hand."

Offline JDK002

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2012, 02:58:18 AM »
Human Punching Bag just perfectly encapsulates how the brothers fight in the show, too. AKA "Get tossed into walls until the other brother shows up behind the monster, Catch in hand."
Hah yeah, I noticed when thinking of stunts that neither of them seem to be particularly good at avoiding incoming attacks.  That they just kind of get slapped silly by the monster of the week and somehow manage to keep getting back up.

Speaking of Catches, maybe they should get a Stunt for figuring out Catch conditions haha.

Offline admiralducksauce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2012, 06:00:09 AM »
Hah yeah, I noticed when thinking of stunts that neither of them seem to be particularly good at avoiding incoming attacks.  That they just kind of get slapped silly by the monster of the week and somehow manage to keep getting back up.

Speaking of Catches, maybe they should get a Stunt for figuring out Catch conditions haha.

Considering they really only need it once per episode, it seems like a Declaration or Assessment would work well enough for that.

Offline pokken

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2012, 05:24:23 AM »
Hate to get all Supernatural goony but:

Sam and Dean both have at least 2 in Fists, if not more. Go back to the first episode. And the one with Sam as a kid beating up kids several years older than him with ease. This does seem to fluctuate with plot.

Sam on demon blood would model very very well as some kind of vampire, or sponsored magic.

Dean should be Marked by Power (Michael's vessel).

Sam should be Marked by Power (Lucifer's vessel).

They're definitely not mortals at all for most of the show (though Dean might not pick up his MBP until season 3 or 4 or some odd).

Then there's the constantly coming back from the dead business.

* I'll chime in with "Supernatural would make an awesome Dresden game" for the record. Especially with just a few players.