Author Topic: Cold Days Predict-a-thon. [All the latest Spoilers permitted]  (Read 41238 times)

Offline Lee3178

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: Cold Days Predict-a-thon. [All the latest Spoilers permitted]
« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2012, 11:40:24 PM »
He didn't get a spiritual parasite the last time he was bitten, why get one now?

Harry hasn't been bitten before that I remember.  When the red vamps were torturing him they did all sorts of vile unspecified things, but they couldn't feed from his blood because he had all that poison in his system.  He had taken poison so Lea wouldn't keep him in Winter, possibly turned into a hound, and hadn't taken the antidote when the vamps got him.

I don't really think Harry is now part vampire but wow! what a lot of challenges he would have.  Particularly if Mab can keep the Hunger in check, but if Harry annoys her.... 

Offline KevinSig

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2012, 12:34:26 AM »
The Questions:

1 ) Harry usually has a few supporting characters in each book.  Who do you think will be the main sidekick in Cold Days and in what way will they help?  Who else will have a significant contribution to the plot?
Toot-Toot, who has evolved somewhat after Harry's death.  Having to essentially taken the place of Harry as Za Lord.

2 ) At the end of Ghost Story, Harry has said goodbye to all his friends in Chicago. 

a. Who will be the first friend to find out Harry isn't dead?
Thomas, Harry pretty much did not include him in the events of Ghost Story, & owes him some explanation.

b. What shenanigans/snark will Harry use when he "re-appears"?
There will be a Gandalf the White joke, especially if Harry is sporting white in his clothing now.

c. Who will have the coolest reaction?
Lea, explaining to Molly that she did say it was unusual for a shade to appear after its death, ergo it couldn't have been one.

d. Who will have the most touching reaction?
Little Maggie.  Daddy?

3 ) In nearly every book, Harry usually comes up with a new powerup/tool/way of making things go boom.  Given that he just became the new WK, what new abilities will he rely on and which new ability will be the most useful to him during the story (and how)?
In Summer Knight & Changes it's been shown that a Winter Knight can channel his power into a sword blade.  Harry will do this with a Winchester shotgun instead.

4 ) Harry generally has a "Big Bad" to worry about.  In fact, according to the blurb, Harry is going after someone very specific.  Who will that enemy be, and how will Harry take him/her/it down?
It'll likely be a fire God, I'm not sure which one.  Harry will defeat the God by consigning it to Oblivion, with Thomas's help.

5 ) Harry usually faces some sort of "Choice" in every book.  A point where the easy way out will cost his soul/humanity in some way. According to the blurb, this book will be no different.  What will be the most crucial "choice" Harry makes?
Harry will find a way out of being the Winter Knight, but will choose to remain as such, but only in a part time capacity, which he can leave eventually.

6 ) As the new Winter Knight, Harry is pretty much garunteed to encounter his Summer counterpart -- Fix.  What will their interactions be?  Will Fix survive?
Yes, they will oppose each on the field, but I expect a scene of them sharing a brew at Mac's in the epilogue.

7 ) Jim has mentioned that it's about time now to start revealing some of the motivations/dealings of the shadowy figures working behind the scenes (i.e. what Harry calls the "Black Council").  What Black Council secrets/actions will be revealed in this book?
A vague sense of their endgame & who would benefit.  So far, they don't seem to be much more than random proponents of chaos, if the Wolf pelts & Shadowman were indeed associated with their goals.

8 ) There are many WAG ("Wild A$$ Guess") theories on the boards.  Write up to three WAG theories you believe are correct that will be confirmed (or at least have evidence in favor of) in Cold Days.
Toot will become the new Za Lord.

9 ) Extra credit:  Write down any prediction about that you think might improve your final score.  Only issues aluded to within Cold Days will be counted.
Harry will have the confrontation with the White Council that the Gatekeeper alluded to in Turn Coat.  Possiblely, Molly's Trial 2, Electric Boogaloo.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 12:50:43 AM by KevinSig »

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Special Collections Division
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 24, 2012, 12:53:57 AM »
It'll likely be a fire God, I'm not sure which one.  Harry will defeat the God by consigning it to Oblivion, with Thomas's help.

You can't erase the memory of something within a day and a half.

Harry hasn't been bitten before that I remember.  When the red vamps were torturing him they did all sorts of vile unspecified things, but they couldn't feed from his blood because he had all that poison in his system.  He had taken poison so Lea wouldn't keep him in Winter, possibly turned into a hound, and hadn't taken the antidote when the vamps got him.

I don't really think Harry is now part vampire but wow! what a lot of challenges he would have.  Particularly if Mab can keep the Hunger in check, but if Harry annoys her.... 

No, he was bitten, the ones who tried to feed on him got poisoned however. And also, unless the one who bit him was a noble, no conversion for him. Mook vamps can't make more.
Currently dealing with a backlog of games.

If you want me to type up a book quote or find a WoJ quote, send me a PM.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline ItsallSuesfault

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook/SoapBox
« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2012, 03:15:39 AM »
Didn't Harry shields successfully repel a charging Murphy in the short stories? ;)
Bah, Harry would let her.
DV Geek Code 1.2 BK++ YR 7  JB+ TH++ CL+++ BC++ MC+ SH(Molly)+++ SH(Murphy)+ SH-(Mab) Elaine=Future Knight of Summer/Former Necromancer.

Offline Camdin

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 24, 2012, 06:19:36 PM »
1 ) Harry usually has a few supporting characters in each book.  Who do you think will be the main sidekick in Cold Days and in what way will they help?  Who else will have a significant contribution to the plot?

Toot Toot will be the main sidekick at least at first.  Since Harry will be on-mission when he comes back I think he is going to try and avoid contact with his friends until he has time to talk to them so he uses Toot to gather information more discreetly than he could on his own.  This obviously will not work out for too long.  Molly will be his second main sidekick once she finds out.

2 ) At the end of Ghost Story, Harry has said goodbye to all his friends in Chicago.

Though not a friend I think Ancient Mai will be the first non-fae to find out.  In SK it was her responsibility to contact the Queens at the beginning to see if the WC could get access to the Ways.  Because of that I believe she is in charge of WC-Fae relations and if the WC sends any representatives to the Celebration of Birth, Mai will be among them. 

But among his actual friends, Molly will be the first when Lea turns her over to Harry to continue training.

To Mai - "Gimme a hug, I know how much you've missed me"  Then he forcibly hugs her as she is both dumbstruck and trying to maintain absolute formality.

To Molly - Quotes Gandalf the Grey/White "I am Harry the White" etc.

To JLoC - Harry goes for a pithy one-liner like "miss me?" then they all proceed to assault him.

Carlos, something along the lines of how he liked being the only commander of the U.S. and doesn't want to share all the ladies with Harry. "That whole tortured soul, back from the dead, tragic knight routine might get a lot of play back in Fairy but you can't compete with me in the real world."

Michael, Mouse and Maggie.  I predict big hugs and tears with Michael and Mouse but a very delicate moment with Maggie where it is touching but could break at any moment due to what happened in CI and his part in it.

3 ) In nearly every book, Harry usually comes up with a new powerup/tool/way of making things go boom.  Given that he just became the new WK, what new abilities will he rely on and which new ability will be the most useful to him during the story (and how)?

I think the Winchester on the cover will be just a regular gun he picks up along the way if it shows up at all.  Since he will not have a blasting rod and I'm guessing Mab didn't think to grab the staff Harry borrowed from Eb, I think he is going to get a staff and sword made from the black ice of Arctis Tor.  Possibly it will be an all-in-one where it is either like the cane-sword or it simply transforms between the two as he requires it.

4 ) Harry generally has a "Big Bad" to worry about.  In fact, according to the blurb, Harry is going after someone very specific.  Who will that enemy be, and how will Harry take him/her/it down?

My first instinct is Kincaid but I can't see a whole book with just him as the enemy.  So instead I'll just go with a Formor lord or godling.  It will try and take over or destroy Demonreach so Harry will tap the leyline and kill it with an awe inspiring display of soulfire laced fire, ice, earth and lighting.

5 ) Harry usually faces some sort of "Choice" in every book.  A point where the easy way out will cost his soul/humanity in some way. According to the blurb, this book will be no different.  What will be the most crucial "choice" Harry makes?

Does he try to separate himself from everyone he knew so that they don't get caught up in his thug-work for Mab or does he lean on his friends for support.

6 ) As the new Winter Knight, Harry is pretty much guaranteed to encounter his Summer counterpart -- Fix.  What will their interactions be?  Will Fix survive?

Fix will be ordered to attack Harry by Titania.  They will fight once or twice with Fix losing since he was holding back and Harry let him live.  But Titania will give Fix an ultimatum of Kill Harry or I kill you for being worthless etc.  So Fix and Harry will fight one last time with Fix fighting hard enough that Harry has to deal a mortal blow and it is a sad scene for Fix as he apologizes to Harry but gets to have a good death rather than get tortured like Lloyd.

7 ) Jim has mentioned that it's about time now to start revealing some of the motivations/dealings of the shadowy figures working behind the scenes (i.e. what Harry calls the "Black Council").  What Black Council secrets/actions will be revealed in this book?

Mab will reveal more motivation for the attack on Arctis Tor.  Lea had tried to help Harry by killing an Outsider with the Athame but got possessed instead thus Mab locked her up, the BC came to attack and get their outsider back, Harry helped heal her with his outsiderbaneness which is why Mab used the fetches to lure him in. 

Now the BC has set their sights on Demonreach(which I believe the loci is an outsider) to control it.(over Harry's Dead Body).

8 ) There are many WAG ("Wild A$$ Guess") theories on the boards.  Write up to three WAG theories you believe are correct that will be confirmed (or at least have evidence in favor of) in Cold Days.

Jim said Harry's grandmother on his mother's side was mortal.  That's all we know about her.  I believe that she was a changeling daughter of Lea's which would help explain her readiness to protect Harry/her bloodline from trouble.  And it would explain why Maggie Sr. was tight with the fae as well.

At the end of Changes Eb referred to Odin as one of "our elders" which I believe is a subtle hint that Eb is a distant decendant of Merlin and Odin was Merlin's dad.  This means Harry is Odin's distant descendant. 

Thus both of these help explain why Lea and Odin helped as much as they did in CI since they needed to save their own asses from the bloodline curse.  Booya!

One of the reasons why the ways from Demonreach are so dangerous is because one leads to the Moon where the BC has been hiding in their evil-overlord-moon-base-death-star.  Harry needs to take it over and then protect the way by living on Demonreach.  (I wish there was a smiley face for laughing maniacally.) 

9 ) Extra credit:  Write down any prediction about that you think might improve your final score.  Only issues alluded to within Cold Days will be counted.

Butters and Murphy will have become an item in the wake of Harry's Death. Harry gets pissed, "First you took my skull and now you took my girl, WTF man?" She is definitely the dominant person in that relationship.

Harry will finally get laid, ALOT.  Before he leaves Arctis Tor he gets jumped by Maeve and possibly Mab as well. Once out he goes to Lara for info who then seduces him in exchange for info.  Afterwards he meets up with Molly who uses her mind mojo to take advantage of him.  Finally at the end after all the fighting has settled out, he gets with Murph.  Then they all get pregnant and he has a ton of explaining to do by the next book.  So he hides on Demonreach to avoid the fallout. ;D

Harry's changeling nurse at the beginning of CD was actually Lloyd Slate's daughter which leads to some major league awkwardness.  "Sorry I killed your dad but he was kind of a jerk.  No hard feelings?"
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 07:32:49 PM by Camdin »
Wile E. Coyote, Suuuuuuuuper Genius.

Camdin BK+++ RP JB TH WG CL++ SW+ BC+ MC++ SH[Molly++++, Murphy+++, Mab++, Lash+]

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 24, 2012, 08:42:28 PM »
Bah, Harry would let her.

Harry: *Nursing various bruises*

Ramirez: Since you seem to enjoy letting yourself be beaten black and blue, you mind acting as a target for the younger Wardens' long range evocation spells?

Harry: *glares*

Harry: Shut up Carlos.
Currently dealing with a backlog of games.

If you want me to type up a book quote or find a WoJ quote, send me a PM.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline ebliss1

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 25, 2012, 02:45:04 PM »
I think the Winchester on the cover will be just a regular gun he picks up along the way if it shows up at all.  Since he will not have a blasting rod and I'm guessing Mab didn't think to grab the staff Harry borrowed from Eb, I think he is going to get a staff and sword made from the black ice of Arctis Tor.  Possibly it will be an all-in-one where it is either like the cane-sword or it simply transforms between the two as he requires it.

I like the staff idea, but I'd think it would come from the ice-covered tree in the courtyard at Arctis Tor, rather than an ice staff. The sword would be uber cool if it was just a hilt, sort of like a lightsaber, and once Harry draws it, the air freezes into a blade. Nice visual effect, a cool Winter-themed power, and a Star Wars connection all in one.
Making a Better World Whether You Like it or Not

Offline ITheHellAmFan

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 26, 2012, 03:02:04 AM »

I'm going to go with Toot Toot and Cat Sith.  The latter seems all but assured based on the preview chapter, and Toot's a fairy, it's a fairy book, and lets face it, everything needs more Toot Toot.

I'm going to go with Molly.  I believe Harry's going to want to keep something of a low profile at first since he's on the job and the whole "Iwas dead, no I'm back" bit is going to be awkward enough without adding all that WK nonsense ontop.  However, as other's have mentioned, Molly's going to find out via Lea whether harry wants her to or not.

Chalk up another vote for a Gandalf the White quote.

Tie between Molly, Murphy, and Thomas.  They are all going to beat the sh*t out of him.

See part c, as said beat downs will be followed by heartfelt displays of emotion (and possibly a second beat down :P)

I think the Winchester is just another case of artist embellishment.  I think the upgrade is going to come in the form of new faerie crafted tools to replace his staff, rod, etc, straight from Mab herself.  Also, and expansion ofthe fire/ice magic crossovers we saw at the end of Changes.

My first guess was one of Summer's royalty, but that would be too much of a SK rehash.  So, my next thought for someone opposed to Winter was some sort of fire diety.  Lately Jim has been including a fair amount of Norse mythological elements, and I think he might want to take one more crack at that before expanding into other cultures.  I can't find the quote, but I seem to remember that in addition to old faerie cousins of the Sidhe, one of the groups specifically mentioned as being a part of the fomor coalition was the exiled remnents of the jotans.  So, putting 2 and 2 together, and possibly coming up with 5, I'm going to say Mab's sending him after Surtur, who will be a high ranking member of the fomor. No clue how Harry beats him.

Something about betraying his principles to preform his knightly duties.

6 ) As the new Winter Knight, Harry is pretty much guaranteed to encounter his Summer counterpart -- Fix.  What will their interactions be?  Will Fix survive?

If Lilly and Maeve can hatch a scheme together, why not the knights.  I'm going to guess that they will have a couple lightweight clashes before Harry convinces Fix to help him out, as the fomor are equally enemies of both summer and winter (see my theory on the big bad).

More information on the connection between the BC and the fomor via Harry's target.  My guess is that they are willing allies, not stooges like the Red Court.  Also, obligatory explaination of the Arctis Tor incident in PG.

Haven't been on the forums long enough to have an opinion.

9 ) Extra credit:  Write down any prediction about that you think might improve your final score.  Only issues alluded to within Cold Days will be counted.

Will edit later when I think of something good.
"I will not treat your dusty path and flat,
Denoting this and that by this and that,
Your world immutable wherein no part
the little maker has with maker's art."
-Mythopoeia, J.R.R. Tolkien

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
  • For those who wander but are not lost!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2012, 03:06:51 AM »
*spot saving tag*
Sir  Reginald.
I will miss you, my friend Mdodd. May you find peace.
Snowy,  I am rooting for you. I hope you remain happy and as comfortable as possible.

How many steps to the lighthouse?

Offline knnn

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 27, 2012, 12:04:35 PM »
Hi guys.

I just noticed that there was an ARC of Cold Days sold on e-bay, so it's time to start wrapping things up.  I will lock this thread on Sunday, so this is your chance to edit your predictions and make last-minute modifications.

I have some ideas for coming up with little badges/pieces of art/icons as official bragging rights.  If anyone has the time and wants to help out, let me know.
DV Geek code:

DV knnn v1.2 YR4 FR3 BK++ RP+ JB+ TH WG+ CL(+) SW++++ BC- MC---(+) SH[Murphy+, Molly+]

Find out your Dresden Files "Purity" score: http://knnn.x10.mx/purity2/purity.html

Offline lt_murgen

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 27, 2012, 07:24:56 PM »
The main sidekick will be Herbie, the living embodiment of the Blue Beetle.  It will be sarcastic and tempremental, but be able to navigate through the nevernever like no one else.

- In each case, remember to specify for extra credit.
2A:  Mister will encounter Harry on one of his nightly wanderings.  Being a cat, he won’t tell anyone.
2B: Each time Harry appears to a friend, they will have a counter-snark or preemptive snark ready, just to steal his thunder.
2C: Molly will have the coolest, initiating a truly epic round of pop-culture reference one-upsmanship.
2D: Mac.  He will hand Harry a beer and say, “thought you was dead.”

Harry will sprout wings on his ankles, enabling himself to fly just above the ground. Oh, and it will give him the ability to talk to fish, which will help out in the BAT, somehow.

Harry’s gonna have a throw down with Santa Claus, ‘cause Mab is tired of being put on his naughty list every year.

Harry will be forced to choose between Coke and Pepsi.  Coke, of course, will be the easy choice, but by choosing Pepsi he will save the world.  Of course, that means giving up on Burger King once and for all.

6 ) As the new Winter Knight, Harry is pretty much garunteed to encounter his Summer counterpart -- Fix.  What will their interactions be?  Will Fix survive?
Squirt guns at 20 paces, with Fix, the loser, being forced to dress like Bugs Bunny in drag for a full year.

Their dress code, secret handshake, decoder ring, and that the “evil overlords” list is required reading for them.  The last one will send chills into Dresden as he realizes it makes his enemies essentially snark-proof.

The “Molly is Mab” theory:  it will have something to do with matching piercings, I’m certain of it.
The “Harry is a decoy” theory:  Elaine will be relvealed to have been Harry’s mother in disguise all along, leading to some really uncomfortable silences around the dinner table.
The Black Court employee register:  The Merlin will have a heart to heart with Harry, explaining that he really didn’t hate Harry after all.  The Merlin, it seems, believes in the whole concept of “spare the rod, spoil the child” and was only harsh on Harry to make him the best he could be.  He turns out to be a good guy after all. 

9 ) Extra credit:  Write down any prediction about that you think might improve your final score.  Only issues aluded to within Cold Days will be counted.
Harry will visit Chicago, Harry will visit Edinborough.  Harry will complain about the cold.  Harry will go to Burger King.  There will be at least one reference to Star Wars / Star Trek / D&D / The Lord of the Rings.  Harry will build an igloo outside of Arctis Tor and attempt to sell snow-cones to the natives. 
Lol! I allwyas liked the big Bird = trex. It explains why they have t get new kids each season..

Offline smwood

• Conversationalist
  • I think cynics are playful and cute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 28, 2012, 04:13:09 AM »
Definitely his fairy godmother Lea.  He's got to find Bob if he survived. 

He'll be busy from the get-go, but I'd say Molly

I'm tired of this fairy food, let's go to BK

Bob will be the funniest (if he survived!)

Grandpa Ebenezer

He's a knight, I expect him to finally have a sword imbued with Winter magic. 

My guess is someone new.  Likely one of the fae.

How to accomplish his job without upsetting the balance between Winter and Summer.  Hurting his summer fae friends, who are now sworn enemies.

Fix will likely survive, but there will definitely be some battles.

Mab all along has been trying to thwart Black Council actions (they likely asked her to join them, and she rejected).  Someone had to have let those black council members enter her realm, and Summer had her crew distracted at the border.  It appears Titania may be a black council member, but if she is revealed as such, Harry will likely not take her on at this point in the storyline.  More potential BC members will be revealed.  One of Harry's old comrades likely, such as Exgirl.  Elaine.  If around, Bob will likely inform Harry much of what he learned about black council from Evil Bob.
8 ) There are many WAG theories on the boards.  Write up to three WAG theories you believe are correct that will be confirmed (or at least have evidence in favor of) in Cold Days.
a. Titania is black council
b. Elaine is black council
c. Mab will collaborate with Grey council.

9.E/C  Harry will find it difficult to be forthright with his friends as he is under Winter's control.  This will cause some rifts between him and his friends.  He will be startled by Fix's adeptness in his role as summer knight, and will likely be duped by them more than once.  Bob lives!
May the Schwartz be with you. -- Yoghurt

Offline CapnCowl

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 28, 2012, 04:37:04 PM »
Toot, being a fairie, will be Harry's main sidekick. Toot will help Harry by explaining the Fae to him in more detail, as well as providing support and being a "go-to" guy. Lea will probably have a big contribution by giving him all kinds of interesting information. Cowl will make an appearance, and as a (dangerous and untrustworthy) ally who helps Harry stop whatever badness is going down on Demonreach.

Butters and Bob. Harry already explained that he might not be dead to them, so they're most likely to accept his return without violence.
Gandalf reference, but instead of Gandalf the White it'll be Gandalf the Blue, because of the Winter Knight thing.
I predict an amusing series of reactions, similar to the apartment scenes in Turn Coat, where they each try to kill Harry when they see him.
Murphy, by far. She'll practially collapse when Harry proves it's him, and she'll end up punching him in the face through her tears.
Questions bolded, answers underneath each question^^^

Obvious answer is that Harry will be relying on a lot of ice magic instead of his usual fire. He'll do a cool thing to some monster where he freezes it and shatters it with a blast of force.

Obviously someone who pissed off Mab. I'm predicting someone responsible for Arctis Tor. Possibly a yet-unknown godling who participated. Surprise answer: He won't kill them. He'll stop them from pulling off whatever scheme they're doing, but they'll live.

Some powerful being (Drakul?) will offer to protect him and his loved ones from Mab in exchange for service. Harry has to choose between breaking his deal with Mab, or making a new deal with something possibly worse.

No encounter with Fix, other than maybe talking to him at the "birth party" or whatever it is at the start of the book.

Cowl's identity, for one. And maybe some of the other players in the Circle's corner. One of which includes Drakul.

Lash will reappear at the end of the book in one form or another.

Cowl's identity will be that of a mentioned/seen once but never again, character, but not anyone Harry personally knows.

Carlos is missing some body part that he lost in a battle with the Fomor.

Molly will kiss Harry right on the mouth when she sees him. After she tries to kill him, of course.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 04:39:23 PM by CapnCowl »

Offline fuzzix

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 28, 2012, 06:08:54 PM »

Elaine-While stuck in winter, he will be using Elaine to get info from the outside.  This will be accomplished with a Lash-boosted mind-link spell, and go on behind Mab’s back.

Ivy – While Harry is stuck in Winter, he will send a message to Ivy indicating his state of non-death.  If it is just the friends from Changes, Thomas, when he comes to get help from someone he can trust, and is least likely to beat him up too much.

Harry, Dressed in Winter White, will say while talking with Sanya “See I told you I was Gandalf”

Thomas – A conversation about how the CPD still has his boat as evidence and how Harry will be paying for fixing the hole and a new paint job.

Maggie – Harry will change his mind about wanting to be out of touch with Maggie.  He will let her know that once he has a place, she will be welcome to stay with him.  Much outpouring of emotion from Harry, much confusion and reluctance from Maggie.

Opposition magic will be his new goto ability.  Fire and Ice, Air and Earth will each be combined in spells to produce exciting and disastrous results.  Darkness will be his power-up.  I am not exactly sure how this will manifest, but the coolest thing I think will be transitioning through darkness (shadows, lakes, etc) both to and from the NN.

Lash/Lasciel.  Mab does not want someone mucking about Harry’s head (except Mab).  Harry will be tasked with defeating Lasciel.  To do this, Harry will have to take up the coin and engage in direct confrontation with Lasciel to finally free him from all links to Lasciel.  Harry will keep Lash around just to tick Mab off.
Additionally, the Fomor will be setup as a Big bad to deal with, but only so far as a particularly big brute, not a higher up.  Higher up Fomor will be dealt with later.

Harry will have to Choose between Lasciel and Mab.  Lasciel will reveal some motivations separate from Nic’s motivations.  It will involve offers for Harry tapping into the energy released from Chichen itza, the Dark Hallow, or (most likely) Demonreach.  Time travel will be floated around as well to taunt harry into accepting.  This offer will include fixing Molly and Murphy because Harry will have never left.

Fix will be working with Harry to stave off the Fomor threat.  These battles will take place largely in the NN, but will involve denying real world gains by the Fomor.  Fix will treat Harry like a trusted enemy, while Harry will constantly be asking fix to loosen up.  Harry will say he killing Fix would not be a mission Harry would accept, while Fix will continue to believe that Harry will not have the option to decline.

Mordite trafficking will be a subplot for Harry to follow-up on.  Tracking the Mordite will supposedly lead to black council wizards, but will actually lead Harry to Senior Council Wizards namely, the Merlin, McCoy, Listens to Wind, and Liberty.

8 ) There are many WAG theories on the boards.  Write up to three WAG theories you believe are correct that will be confirmed (or at least have evidence in favor of) in Cold Days.

A) Harry’s Title of ‘Za Lord is more than just idle talk.  Mab will confront him on challenging her authority by gathering his own private army and appointing himself lord.  A lesson in Names having power will be provided by Mab.  This will be setup for the creation of a post of Winter King or Autumn/Spring King-One for the Harvest, and One for the Hunt.

B) Mrs. Mouse/Mouse’s Twin will be conceptually but not physically introduced.  The Idea of Foo Dog Pairing will be brought up by Mai, and the strangeness of his loneness will be highlighted.

C) Mab (or her proxy) fixed little Chicago.  She did not want to lose her prize or fulfillment of the bargains, so she fixed it.  As Leah was tasked with looking after Harry, Mab viewed it as her responsibility to prevent Harry’s Head from disintegrating.

The Rifle will be a gift from Kincaid.  It will have bullets that are particularly effective against Fae, and more effective on the more powerful Fae.  It will be a sorry I didn’t kill you gift.

Offline Phobos

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 28, 2012, 09:56:01 PM »
The Questions:

Fix, Lea, and Bob. Everyone of Harry's allies will make an appearance or contribute in some way to the plot. This is going to be a big book. 528 pages according to wiki.

Murphy or Molly

LoTR Gandalf reference followed by the Princess Bride quote.

Bob, "What kept you Boss?"

Mouse

- In each case, remember to specify for extra credit.

Going to go with either the rifle on the cover (original, I know...) or Harry is going to figure out some kind of Chrono Trigger Antipod thing, he''ll be able to cook someone while freezing someonelse at the same time.

Drakul, he has been mentioned several times in the series and he'll turnout to be a major mover in the BC.

HWWB- Outsiders are supposed to be unkillable. Mab wants to test out Harry's outsiderbane abilities. Problem is it will turn out that in order for Harry to confront the Walker, he will have to summon him, bye bye 7th Law.

If the big bad is Drakul, he'll offer to free Harry of his WK mantle and tell him everything about his past and the BC.

If the big bag is HWWB, Harry will be forced to summon the Walker in order to fight it; breaking the 7th law.

Harry and FIx will be forced to work together, but they will make an agreement to settle any serious disputes with a "duel to submission" using Nerf bats. Once again making a mockery of conservative supernatural institutions.

The entire Arctis Tor assault will be explained as well as the Athame and what happened with Lea's imprisonment. Several members of the BC will be identified and Cowl will be unmasked.

Cowl will be revealed to be Simon Petrovich.

Demonreach will turn out to be the access point to the Outer Gates.

[/quote]

Murphy will finally pick Fidelacchius full time.