Author Topic: website store  (Read 1726 times)

Offline Serack

• Special Collections Division
  • Posty McPostington
  • WoJ Rock Star!
    • View Profile
website store
« on: August 31, 2012, 12:22:43 PM »
I just answered a question about buying the nook version of Cold Days from the store, and having examined the store myself I saw that the B&N link for the Hard Cover contains a button for the nook version as well. 

However the B&N link in the "Kindle Edition" section of the store is broken, for predictable reasons...  So my suggestion is to replace the "Kindle Edition" section with an "e-book" section that has the B&N link from the Hard Cover section. 

This may be a minor, rather superficial change that only has the intention of remeding some user ignorance, but I can tell you from my own perspective that it would easily make the difference between some people buying Cold Days e-books from the jim-butcher.com/store rather than from their nook interface.  (what I have been doing up to this point, dispite using the website ASIN switcharoo trick for random amazon purchases)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 12:25:14 PM by Serack »
DF WoJ Compilation
Green is my curator voice.
Name dropping "Serack" in a post /will/ draw my attention to it

*gnaws on the collar of his special issue Beta Foo long-sleeved jacket*

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
Re: website store
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 05:24:23 PM »
From previous conversations with Fred, the impression I got was that it would require a major overhaul of the site store code, and we get so little money from B&N that I'm not sure it would be worth the effort.

Offline Serack

• Special Collections Division
  • Posty McPostington
  • WoJ Rock Star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 05:50:35 PM »
Ok.

Mostly I feel sheepish for having given up so easily on buying my nook version from the website book store, so I was hoping those minor barriers could be eased for others.  (particularly since it appears I wasn't alone based on the earlier linked posting)

Oh well I'll just have to depend on how I raise Lil Serack as my method of making up for my mistakes  ::)
DF WoJ Compilation
Green is my curator voice.
Name dropping "Serack" in a post /will/ draw my attention to it

*gnaws on the collar of his special issue Beta Foo long-sleeved jacket*

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2012, 03:19:58 AM »
Man.  I'm going to have to get Jim to write Li'l Harry Adventures, just for Little Serack's proper education. :D