Author Topic: char concept... what do you think?  (Read 1807 times)

Offline raydjulia

• Participant
    • View Profile
char concept... what do you think?
« on: August 31, 2012, 05:28:11 AM »
Gabriel Church, son of Victor Church, yes that Victor Church, victors wife was was taken by a Necromancer and a group of ghouls when gabriel turned 13, victor knowing he didnt have the power to get her back and told that if he brought in other wardens , his wife would be killed , decided to step over the line and asked a dark power to help him recover his wife, he was granted the knowledge to empower his favorite sidearms. With his new weapons in tow he tracked down the necromancer and killed him and the ghouls, saving his wife,, yet loosing his soul..... Over the next 5 years victor grew distant and cold , more and more of his cases ended in dead criminals. Meanwhile Gabriel was shielded by his mother and turned to the church and God for comfort, Gabriel was a devout and faithful young man. As the years passed Gabriel planned to enter the priesthood and Victor continued his slide.  It took years, but eventually the other wardens started to suspect that  something had changed with victor and he had to run. he fled home to get  his family , yet his wife decided that she had had enough and knew that this man wasnt the man she loved , but something dark and sinister, she refused to go, Victor flew into a rage and drew his gun and threated to kill Gabriel and her, at this point the wardens arrived and in the ensueing battle 3 wardens and gabriels mother were all killed before Victor was "taken out".
    Gabriel realized a few things that day, his father had tried to shoot him and only the hand of god could have saved him, also after his parents had died, gabriel could still see and hear them, his father explained that he had made a horrible mistake years ago, and he had opened a door and let something evil into the world and that , entity(ill name him later lol) had currupted him over the years little by little , he had watched as if from afar as he grew darker and darker , while Gabriel light grew brighter. "we cant let this happen again" his father said, to his  shock and horror Gabriel walked over and picked up his fathers guns, which now housed the demon. "God will guide my hand and togather we will find a way to vaquish this power , until that time i will hold him/it in check"

High concept: Wields Church's Folly
trouble: Son Of Victor Church

Aspects:wrath of god, everyone has a dark side, my father was a good man

powers: ghost speak, righteousness demon copilot, item of power:church's folly

IOP: 2 pistols (-3)
feeding depend(kill)
inhuman speed
everyone fears the reaper: fate point ignore defenses

let me know what you think or any suggestions

Offline InFerrumVeritas

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: char concept... what do you think?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 11:28:55 AM »
What do you mean by "fate point ignores defenses"?

Offline ways and means

• Posty McPostington
  • What Lies in the Truth, what truth in the Lies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 01:27:51 PM »
What do you mean by "fate point ignores defenses"?

All things Equal I imagine.
Every night has its day.
Even forever must come to an end....
I think.

Offline InFerrumVeritas

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2012, 01:45:05 PM »
All things Equal I imagine.

Still important.  If it ignores defense rolls, it's broken and shouldn't be allowed. 

If it ignores all defenses but the defense rolls, too cheap, possibly broken.  This would be ignoring magical defenses, toughness powers, armor, etc.

If it satisfies catch, it's fine, but boring.  Still fine if the item is interesting thematically.  I've got a sword with sacred guardian attached with it on one of my characters.  But it's something you see a lot of.

So I'd like to see it clearly defined. 

Offline ways and means

• Posty McPostington
  • What Lies in the Truth, what truth in the Lies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2012, 06:30:28 PM »
I meant all thing Equal before God the power that allows you for a fate point to bypass any magical defense an enemy has (including toughness etc).
Every night has its day.
Even forever must come to an end....
I think.

Offline GryMor

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2012, 10:00:38 PM »
I meant all thing Equal before God the power that allows you for a fate point to bypass any magical defense an enemy has (including toughness etc).

Amusingly, it doesn't actually say that, the call outs on the power are 'Satisfies All Catches' and 'Bypasses mundane armor'. Actual defense rolls don't seem to be impacted, including Evocation (or stunt) blocks.

Offline raydjulia

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2012, 12:10:58 PM »
i was thinking more about back story

Offline Locnil

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2012, 02:45:41 PM »
So... who is this Victor Church guy?

Offline Chrono

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2012, 06:34:39 PM »
I googled him. Apparently he is a hot dog vendor in New Orleans.

Offline raydjulia

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2012, 11:12:16 PM »
i just made him up

Offline Locnil

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2012, 02:29:53 PM »
Ok. It was the "yes that Victor Church line that threw me off".