Author Topic: Changling family history  (Read 1095 times)

Offline SilverHammer28

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Changling family history
« on: August 25, 2012, 01:03:22 AM »
So I've just gotten started on my campaign, and I want the cafe owner/operator to be a changeling. Is there any specific type of faery that interbreeds most often with humans? Or are there several that find humans attractive? I'd just like to be accurate and specific, rather than just saying "Oh, he's half fey." Well, what kind of fey? Is he related to the Fey villian, or are they from entirely different sub-species within the umbrella of "Fey"? I just want to avoid (or create) awkward questions.

Offline UmbraLux

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Changling family history
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2012, 01:32:17 AM »
Don't think there really is a "most common" type.  I'd pick one you find interesting.  Glastaig.  Banesidhe.  Phooka.  Make it memorable!
--
“As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it.”  - Albert Einstein

"Rudeness is a weak imitation of strength."  - Eric Hoffer

Offline Mr. Death

• Posty McPostington
  • Not all those who wander are lost
    • View Profile
    • The C-Team Podcast
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2012, 03:20:43 PM »
Given the variety of changelings we've seen, I don't think there's a type of Faerie that doesn't get down with humans once in a while. As UmbraLux said, just pick one you think'll be interesting.
Compels solve everything!

http://blur.by/1KgqJg6 My first book: "Brothers of the Curled Isles"

Quote from: Cozarkian
Not every word JB rights is a conspiracy. Sometimes, he's just telling a story.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_T_mld7Acnm-0FVUiaKDPA The C-Team Podcast

Offline Haru

• Posty McPostington
  • Mentally unstable like a fox.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2012, 04:22:09 PM »
For a neutral grounds I once thought of a cyclops changeling as a barkeeper. Sort of like a gentle giant kind of guy, big fluffy beard, 8 feet tall, only one eye, a small horn on his forehead. You know: this guy. Only much more friendly looking. Wouldn't harm a fly. Add in some barkeeper psychologist trope, too.

Maybe that's an idea you can use.

I don't know if they are actually fey, but since most mystical creatures are, it is probably right. And if you decide them to be for your game, they are for sure.
“Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?”
― Terry Pratchett, Going Postal