Author Topic: Paints target on forehead... ;) Will beta when needed  (Read 1474 times)

omahaironman

Paints target on forehead... ;) Will beta when needed
« on: October 30, 2012, 12:48:06 AM »
So, a few helpful members have redirectd me here, to make the following statement. If anyone needs a beta reader, let me know. I'd be more than happy to help. I does talk grammar really goodly, and kan spel reallie awesum. (Sorry. I ate a lot of sugar today.) Most importantly, I have an eye for details, and until the job market in my podunk little town improves substantially, I have the time to devote to it. Post (if that's the appropriate/allowed response) or PM me if you're in need. And as a post-script, people have mentioned that sometimes a beta will try and "craft" the story to their liking; not my bag, baby. If I want a story to reflect my wishes, I'll get off my ass and get mine finished.

Anywho.

Post or PM if interested. Later, 'gators!

cenwolfgirl

Re: Paints target on forehead... ;) Will beta when needed
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 01:53:14 PM »
I have a short story (1,652 words) that i want opinions of
:) if you want to help
that would be awesome

omahaironman

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 05:32:13 PM »
Sure!  :) Does email usually work as the best mode of correspondence? If so, send me a PM and I'll give you my email address.

cenwolfgirl

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2012, 06:02:11 PM »
MP sent

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
  • With an eye made quiet by the power of harmony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2012, 08:54:14 PM »
Interested in urban fantasy middle grade? MC is 14?
"Calypso was offerin' Odysseus immortality, darlin'. Penelope offered him endurin' love. I myself just wanted some company." John Henry (Doc) Holliday from "Doc" by Mary Dorla Russell
Photo from Avatar.com by the Domestic Goddess

Offline THE_ANGRY_GAMER

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2012, 02:06:30 PM »
I've got a - well, technically, it's a novelette of 9,000 words that I'd like an outside opinion of. It's a darkish urban fantasy, set in London. If you're interested, I can send a PM.

I've also got a NaNo novel that will eventually need betaing, although that might be a bit much of an ask.
GENERATION 24: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Offline CenturionsofRome

• Conversationalist
  • Time Flees. So run like hell, and dont look back.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2012, 08:35:41 PM »
I've got a 52,000 word novel I'd like an opinion on. It's a cross genre novel that has elements ranging from faux rome tech to crusade tech and even remnants of modern tech (society collapsed in the distant past, but some modern tech is still operational).
PM me if you're interested.
What do you get when you combine the knowledge hoarding nature of a wizard, neurodiversity, an overly creative mind, and a growing passion for writing? Me! Go here to find out about a series I plan on writing.

Offline shades of grey

• O. M. G.
  • Cardboard wings and knicker elastic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2012, 09:30:09 PM »
How big did you paint that target?

However....
I shall bear your very generous offer in mind.