Author Topic: Choose how the story goes.  (Read 5330 times)

Offline Spectacular Sameth

• Posty McPostington
  • At least 20% cooler in 10 seconds flat.
    • View Profile
    • Dragon City
Choose how the story goes.
« on: May 29, 2007, 10:12:00 PM »
I hope this is the right place for this, but I decided to try a game I stole borrowed from another forum. The other forum has pictures, but I'm too lazy to do that, so I'm doing it words. Basically...I'm the storyteller and I'll tell you a bit of the story and you tell me what you want to happen or think should happen and I'll figure out which one I can use best and add that to my story. If I have a couple of good ones, then I'll put them into the story. Let's begin.

It was another boring day at home. I couldn't go anywhere because it was raining. I sighed, turning on my TV. The satellite feed was bad, but I tried the best I could to watch. My TV told me that I had lost the signal, so I went onto my roof to try and fix the satellite. All of a sudden, I felt a surge pass through my body. I was thrown from the roof, but I never hit the ground.

What happens next?

Offline Blaze

• Cloak maker to Wizards.
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Choose how the story goes.
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 10:20:12 PM »
Because a vortex opened up and transported you to the lab of an alien scientist.
Chi pò, non vò; chi vò, non pò; chi sà, non fà; chi fà, non sà; e così, male il mondo va.

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Dragon City
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 10:56:15 PM »
Because a vortex opened up and transported you to the lab of an alien scientist.

I landed on my back in a dank, and smelly place. When I looked up, I saw a weird creature standing over me.
"Hi," I said.
"Akjasdkfaj!" he replied.
I'm guessing he wasn't human. I stood up as quick as a man could who had just landed on his back and probably scraped away most of the skin on it and looked around. There were peculiar creatures in cages all around me. I started to look for an exist because I was really feeling out of place when the man charged at me with a whirring metal tool.

What happens next?

Offline Qualapec

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2007, 11:40:19 PM »
The metal tool explodes and he curses in an alien tongue.

~She-Wolf

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Dragon City
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2007, 01:44:41 AM »
The metal tool explodes and he curses in an alien tongue.

~She-Wolf

The alien was inching towards me, metal tool thingy whirring dangerously. I thought about taking out his legs and making him fall when the damn thing exploded in his hand. The metal blade flew forward and struck me in the chest.
"Ajajasdlfjasd!" I screamed. How had I learned the alien language, I wondered.
It seemed the alien was just as confused as I was.
"Aajslasdfalal?" he...it asked.
"What?" I replied.
"I said, it's hard to talk with this damn thing on," he repeated, taking off his mask and revealing underneath he was really...

To be continued.

Offline Blaze

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2007, 01:51:34 AM »
A beautiful alien queen.
Chi pò, non vò; chi vò, non pò; chi sà, non fà; chi fà, non sà; e così, male il mondo va.

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Dragon City
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2007, 04:21:54 AM »
A beautiful alien queen.

I blinked. I didn't understand why she was wearing the mask, so I asked.
"So there's no blood splatter on my face," she replied.
Wow, I thought. How anti-climactic.
"I know what you're thinking," she said, smiling, "'Why did you bring me here?'"
"Actually--" I began.
"I brought you here because my race is in danger. We need a human to go in and get a crystal from a cave. We'd go get it, but a wizard put a spell on the cave to keep us out."
Great, I thought, Why do I get all the lunatics?
I looked around, frowning at all the multicolored blood that stained the floor and the work bench. I asked, "What's with this science lab if you brought me here to get a crystal?"
"Oh, we just like killing things," she replied.
And these guys are worth saving?
"Will you go and get it for us?" the queen asked.
I felt the metal object in my skin throb as she spoke those words.

(Let's have something more creative than "yes" or "no" as an answer, please.)

Offline ballplayer72

• Posty McPostington
  • sweet i love being a pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2007, 05:35:55 AM »
maybe, if you tell me the story of why the wizard won't let you in the cave, why you just tried to off me, what you need the crystal for, specifically, and WTF are you going to do with the F**KING SAW BLADE PROTRUDING FROM MY MIDSECTION!!!!!!!!!?????????!?!?
Only a dumb SOB brings a knife to a gunfight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Dragon City
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2007, 07:02:04 PM »
maybe, if you tell me the story of why the wizard won't let you in the cave, why you just tried to off me, what you need the crystal for, specifically, and WTF are you going to do with the F**KING SAW BLADE PROTRUDING FROM MY MIDSECTION!!!!!!!!!?????????!?!?

I turned to her, took a deep breath and screamed, "Maybe, if you tell me the story of why the wizard won't let you in the cave...or...or...why you just tried to off me or what you need the crystal for, specifically. And WTF are you going to do with the F**KING SAW BLADE PROTRUDING FROM MY MIDSECTION!!!!"

As I was trying to calm myself down, she lowered her head into her hands...or hand-like things. I turned to walk away and I heard her let out a sob. It dawned on me. I had made her cry.

I felt like such a bastard.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 07:03:46 PM by Sameth »

Offline Blaze

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2007, 10:53:14 PM »
Even with alien women I was inept.  Maybe I will accept and go into the cave.  ANything would be better than becoming one of those things on the table whose blood dripped from the mask.

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Dragon City
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2007, 11:14:44 PM »
Even with alien women I was inept.  Maybe I will accept and go into the cave.  ANything would be better than becoming one of those things on the table whose blood dripped from the mask.

Alright, I decided. I was already here and I didn't want to die, so I might as well go.
"Sure," I said, trying to cut through the horrid sounds of her sobbing.
Man, I couldn't understand alien women, either. Stupid universe.
"You will?" she asked, looking up at me with bleary eyes. Aww...she still looked beautiful through the tears.

The next thing I knew, I was in one of the alien crafts on an icy planet, heading for the cave. One of the other aliens was debriefing me on the mission. Go, get the crystal, got it. Get out of my face. The alien sat down, content that I finally understood him after ten minutes. The aliens hooked me up to a winch and I was lowered down towards the cave.

"If you get in trouble," the queen said, "all you have to do is tug the cable three times. Hard pulls." She unceremoniously pushed me out of the craft. I tumbled through the alien air.

Offline Blaze

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2007, 11:28:42 PM »
SOme sort of raptor intercepts him on his way down, and he feels like a worm on a hook.

Offline Qualapec

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2007, 01:36:32 AM »
He hits the ground with a thud, and find himself surrounded by horrible, strange predators ready to eat his face if he so much as breathes.

~She-Wolf

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Dragon City
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2007, 08:30:59 PM »
Ouch.
I hit the ground with a loud thud. Laying there for a while, I wondered how my life became this way. Oh yeah, the stupid satellite went out. Oh well. I stood up and started into the cave. The deeper I went, the darker it got. I frowned and pulled out a flashlight. When I flicked it on, I saw a whole bunch of predatory creatures surrounding me. Their fangs dripped with drool.

Huh...what should I do?

(Okay, I'm changing the game up a bit to be more of a character choice thing.)

Offline Qualapec

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2007, 04:46:40 AM »
he stays perfectly still and waits for them to make the first move, then shoves his flashlight in the mouth of the immediate threat to life and limb.

~She-Wolf