Author Topic: TV Pilot in need of Reviews on Amazon Studios  (Read 1817 times)

Offline Lanodantheon

• Conversationalist
  • A Wizard is as a Wizard does...
    • View Profile
TV Pilot in need of Reviews on Amazon Studios
« on: July 24, 2012, 06:30:32 PM »
Recently I developed and wrote a TV Show Pilot currently on Amazon Studios here.

It's an animated comedy called Starship Enlisted and it's about the Enlisted Crewmembers of a Starship who do all of the work and get none of the credit.

I'm looking for reviews and feedback on the project, both for its 6 page mini-bible and the Pilot Episode Screenplay. Although giving it on these boards in some form would be cool, what would be better if I could get some folks to leave feedback and reviews on the Amazon Studios site itself.

I need feedback so that I know what works, what doesn't and so I can make my show better. Currently, I don't even know if my show is funny and it's supposed to be.

Without feedback, my project will languish at the back of the pile, gradually declining in popularity until Amazon finally decides to pass on it with a robotic e-mail. With feedback, the project will be more likely to be noticed and picked up for further development.

Any sort of positive or negative feedback on the Amazon Studios Project site is appreciated. If done on the Amazon Studios site, it will increase the project's visibility. I am not opposed to overly negative feedback because I want to make my writing better. If you like my work, that's cool. If you don't like it, I'd like to know why. Any feedback left on Amazon will be better than it languishing with no feedback.

If you're interested, please click the link above(or in my sig), log into/create an Amazon Studios account, read the Screenplay & Mini-bible and leave a review. It's a total of 35 pages of reading, some clicking of some stars and some writing. It just might help Starship Enlisted get made into a real TV Show... ;D
www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/the-emerald-city  (Nov 2012 Campaign of The Month)

fate-accelerated-star-wars-the-infinite-empire.obsidianportal.com/
(June 2016 Campaign of The Month)

My name is Lanodantheon Thul, Conjure that by your own risk....But first, you have be able to spell it...

Offline LizW65

• Posty McPostington
  • Better Red than dead...
    • View Profile
    • elizabethkwadsworth.com
Re: TV Pilot in need of Reviews on Amazon Studios
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 06:45:12 PM »
Downloaded, look forward to reading it.
"Make good art." -Neil Gaiman
"Or failing that, entertaining trash." -Me
http://www.elizabethkwadsworth.com

Offline MClark

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 05:54:42 PM »
I'll take a look at it. I loved the "Lowerdecks" episode of TNG so this sounds really interesting.

Offline LizW65

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 04:46:55 PM »
I wrote a review and rated it but couldn't get it to post for some reason. :(
I'm quite confused by the review process--can anyone help?

Offline Lanodantheon

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2012, 05:02:23 PM »
Thank you very much for following through, Liz. I appreciate it. :)

I'm still new to the Amazon Studios site too. I think you might have to post it in the Project's forum.

Good news though: I haven't gotten a robotic E-Mail saying they've passed on it...yet.

With whatever feedback you have I can do another draft. I've been meaning to do a dialogue pass and stuff.
www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/the-emerald-city  (Nov 2012 Campaign of The Month)

My name is Lanodantheon Thul, Conjure that by your own risk....But first, you have be able to spell it...

Offline R. S. Leergaard

• Posty McPostington
  • I ink, therefore I am
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2012, 08:23:04 AM »
Downloaded. I'll take a look at it later today.
Dance on, md

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." - Philip K. Dick

Offline LizW65

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2012, 09:42:18 PM »
I just checked and my rating showed up but I still can't get my commentary to load, so here it is, if anyone else can get the button to work:
"Starship Enlisted is an engaging spoof of space opera in general and Star Trek in particular, focusing on the "lower decks" personnel who do all the real work and get none of the credit.  It plays with many familiar sci-fi tropes in an entertaining way, with good humor and a clear love of the genre.  I look forward to future episodes."

Offline Lanodantheon

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2012, 10:41:40 PM »
Thanks for that Liz.  :)

Offline Lanodantheon

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2012, 06:27:01 PM »
Uploaded a new draft this morning. Did a dialogue pass, adding character voices to all my characters.

As I mentioned in another thread, I also added a scene in the kitchen to literally show how the sausage gets made aboard a Starship. 

Also mentioned in another thread, the Project is currently near the bottom of Page 2 of 21 and is up from it's position last week.

My next step will be to make a "Cover Image" for it. Although I'd kill to find someone to draw a Legend of Korra grade illustration of the Ship and the crew, I'll have to make do with a graphic of some kind.