Author Topic: Questions for Jim 2012 style 2  (Read 82089 times)

Offline Serack

• Special Collections Division
  • Posty McPostington
  • WoJ Rock Star!
    • View Profile
Re: Questions for Jim 2012 style 2
« Reply #105 on: July 26, 2012, 08:10:52 PM »
Quote from: TC ch. 8
"It's a family business," Thomas explained.  He put the keys back into his pocket, an odd expression on his face.  "I met Justine at Zero."

DF WoJ Compilation
Green is my curator voice.
Name dropping "Serack" in a post /will/ draw my attention to it

*gnaws on the collar of his special issue Beta Foo long-sleeved jacket*

Offline KevinSig

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 26, 2012, 08:14:50 PM »
Thomas says that he met Justine in Zero during TC, and I'm pretty sure the underaged part was evidenced in GP.
I'll try looking it up

I think I remember the underage thing is at least conjecture in Priscilla's timeline.  Not sure if the books support the notion or not.

However, you might want to start your research there & see what it says on the matter.

Offline Serack

• Posty McPostington
  • WoJ Rock Star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 26, 2012, 08:20:24 PM »
I think I remember the underage thing is at least conjecture in Priscilla's timeline.  Not sure if the books support the notion or not.

However, you might want to start your research there & see what it says on the matter.

I don't know where she gets the 5 years from but...

0-1 BSF, late winter?: Thomas and Justine become involved
(click to show/hide)
.  This is "nearly five years" before the events of Blood Rites, which takes place in late Autumn of 4 BSF [BR 14].  Justine is about 16, and Thomas is in his early thirties.
DF WoJ Compilation
Green is my curator voice.
Name dropping "Serack" in a post /will/ draw my attention to it

*gnaws on the collar of his special issue Beta Foo long-sleeved jacket*

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 26, 2012, 08:58:20 PM »
I don't know where she gets the 5 years from but...
That, I can find:
From the very beginning of BR
"How long have you been seeing her now?"
"Four years," Thomas said. "Almost five."
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 27, 2012, 01:49:18 AM »
What happened to the lightning taser and the shield crystal?
Currently dealing with a backlog of games.

If you want me to type up a book quote or find a WoJ quote, send me a PM.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline Jebm

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 27, 2012, 03:25:14 AM »
I think he mentioned that when someone asked him what happened to the bear buckle that a lot of them were one use items in addition to being destroyed by the fire.

Offline AcornArmy

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 27, 2012, 11:57:05 AM »
WoJ is that both Lash and Lasciel were either seen or mentioned in Ghost Story, but under different names. Were either Lash or Lasciel seen in Changes under different names?
DV AcornArmy YR5FR5 BK+++ RP+ TH+(++) WG+++ CL++ SH[Mab+ Lara++ Molly+++]

Offline KevinSig

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 27, 2012, 03:47:55 PM »
I've got the beginings of a question, but it requires a bit of research to shore it up.

In White Night, Harry says something to the effect that no 2 wizards will enter the Never Never at the exact same point, because no two Wizards share the same set of emotions & thoughts (or something along those lines).

But from what we've seen in the series, this doesn't seem to work.

Everyone on the White Council uses the same entry/exit point for Chicago, or else what was the point in having Vince watch a single location?

Also, Maggie's gem.  Seems to me, that Harry is using all the same entry & exits points she used to use.

And in Ghost Story, Harry told Molly that an opening close to Corpsetaker's HQ, would get him in the same NN general area.  Which again, makes me not fully understand what Harry was on about in White Night.

Then I'd ask if Jim could explain this all.

The problem here, is that my views are a bit long winded & don't come to the point.  Plus, my memory might be faulty & I'm missing some points. 

I intend to do the research into this, but if anyone wants to take this question & do the footwork, I'm fine with this. 

Kevin

Offline robertltux

• Posty McPostington
  • Cat Sith Must rise again
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 27, 2012, 05:04:00 PM »
ah, kk.  Im not sure I buy that for a stack of reasons, but it would be undeniably cool.  If that does turn out to be the case, I'd imagine her being found in some hunting Preserve managed by the Erlking;  He was a big fan of Sue.

Yah he was all I was going to squish you like a very snarky BUG but hey you rezzed a DINOSUAR AND COULD CONTROL IT so im going to let you live FOR NOW.
Jim/Bast could we have more Cat Sith???

Offline SAZ

• Posty McPostington
  • I cast my spirit into the many spheres seeking…
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 27, 2012, 06:14:36 PM »
I've got the beginings of a question, but it requires a bit of research to shore it up.

In White Night, Harry says something to the effect that no 2 wizards will enter the Never Never at the exact same point, because no two Wizards share the same set of emotions & thoughts (or something along those lines).

But from what we've seen in the series, this doesn't seem to work.

Everyone on the White Council uses the same entry/exit point for Chicago, or else what was the point in having Vince watch a single location?

Also, Maggie's gem.  Seems to me, that Harry is using all the same entry & exits points she used to use.

And in Ghost Story, Harry told Molly that an opening close to Corpsetaker's HQ, would get him in the same NN general area.  Which again, makes me not fully understand what Harry was on about in White Night.

Then I'd ask if Jim could explain this all.

The problem here, is that my views are a bit long winded & don't come to the point.  Plus, my memory might be faulty & I'm missing some points. 

I intend to do the research into this, but if anyone wants to take this question & do the footwork, I'm fine with this. 

Kevin

I’ve thought about this too, and have an idea of how it might work…

In any random location two different wizards would open up ways into the NN at two different points – it has been stated in the books.

But also in the books there are established WAYS that lead, for example, from nearby Edinburgh to the ex meat packing house that was used by everyone and their brother in TC. These WAYS I have assumed were paths worn into the fabric of the NN. Therefore just about any wizard standing in the right spot at one end of a WAY, will open a way and end up at a set spot on the other side. Why? My guess is that prior and semi regular use of a way turns it into a WAY.

So using my ideas Harry might be in the NN and need to scram fast to avoid capture or detection by a bad guy. When Harry pops into the real world he discovers that it is someplace in LA and not too far from Carlos. 

So days later, the danger having pasted, Harry could revisit either end of the way he opened and reuse it a few times. Then he could take Carlos thru as well. This might be sufficient to anchor each end of the way making it a WAY that just about any wizard could use.

Follow me?
Goofy idea?
Last night I had a vision. The World in flames. Terror and death spreading across the globe in an unstoppable wave, destroying anything resembling order or civilization. At the center of it – I saw Mister. Sitting there grooming himself, looking disinterested.

Offline Locnil

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 31, 2012, 04:13:15 AM »
Another Archive question... How does she perceive animations and GIFs?

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 31, 2012, 05:29:37 AM »
How did Ebenezar's instant death spell in Changes work?
Currently dealing with a backlog of games.

If you want me to type up a book quote or find a WoJ quote, send me a PM.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline KevinSig

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 31, 2012, 12:09:30 PM »
Given Bob's confirmation of the existence of alternate dimensions, is there any chance we might run into the alternate versions of confirmed killed people?

Justin, Margaret LeFay, or Kemmler, perhaps?

Offline the neurovore of Zur-En-Aargh

• O. M. G.
  • Riding eternal, shiny and Firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 31, 2012, 02:18:12 PM »
Here's another one I've been meaning to ask; when all the series is released, would Jim consider talking publicly about the original plan for it and what changed along the way ?

(I'm fascinated by writers' process, and I'm fascinated by very-long-form stories.)
Mildly OCD. Please do not troll.

"What do you mean, Lawful Silly isn't a valid alignment?"

kittensgame, Sandcastle Builder, Homestuck, Welcome to Night Vale, Civ III, lots of print genre SF, and old-school SATT gaming if I had the time.  Also Pandemic Legacy is the best game ever.

Offline KevinSig

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 31, 2012, 03:27:33 PM »
Here's another one I've been meaning to ask; when all the series is released, would Jim consider talking publicly about the original plan for it and what changed along the way ?

(I'm fascinated by writers' process, and I'm fascinated by very-long-form stories.)

He has mentioned that the whole coin kerfuddle is something that he developed along the way.  Butters was supposed to be just a one off character, but he stuck around. 

So, unless you just want to reiterate these items, you might want to reword your question, so it doesn't cover already trodden ground.