Author Topic: How can you predict the future?  (Read 2813 times)

Offline Tedronai

• Posty McPostington
  • Damane
    • View Profile
Re: How can you predict the future?
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2012, 07:08:45 PM »
I'd add in a 2 time-increment reduction on knowledge rolls made via prophecy, and seriously contemplate a +2 bonus on assessment and declaration rolls.
That's for a simple 'make it worthy of being incompatible with the Pure Mortal bonus' fix.
Even Chaotic Neutral individuals have to apologize sometimes. But at least we don't have to mean it.
Slough

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2012, 04:11:04 AM »
I'd add in a 2 time-increment reduction on knowledge rolls made via prophecy, and seriously contemplate a +2 bonus on assessment and declaration rolls.

I think the latter sounds preferable. I'm loath to make looking into the future to see what I'll learn be easier than learning something.

But even with the latter...Assessment and Declaration difficulties are mostly arbitrary. Including a +2 in the Power that lets you make the Assessments and Declarations basically means that the difficulties are arbitrary -2.

Which is hardly tragic, but...it's not perfect.

Do you have any other ideas?

Offline Tedronai

• Posty McPostington
  • Damane
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2012, 07:59:52 AM »
I'm silly.
It just occurred to me that knowledge rolls ARE assessments and declarations, rather than the separate item they're presented as in this power.
Should probably have a language cleanup to reflect that.
And in that light, yeah, I'd go with the +2 bonus over the -2 time increments.

Any other fix I would have for it would have its own foundation in more concrete rules for assessments and declarations.
Even Chaotic Neutral individuals have to apologize sometimes. But at least we don't have to mean it.
Slough